Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383075 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2013, 07:48:10 PM »
Hemlock Grove:  Netflix original series by Eli Roth

Hemlock Grove - Red Band Trailer - Netflix - HD
They had me at lesbian necrophilia.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Hemlock Grove:  Netflix original series by Eli Roth

Hemlock Grove - Red Band Trailer - Netflix - HD
[close]
They had me at lesbian necrophilia.

Good looking out, I'll have to give this series a go. I like the idea of an ongoing horror movie that's not like Tales from Crypt campy or Twilight cheese. Maybe HBO has had something like this before but it seems like Netflix gives a lot more freedom which allows it to be unfiltered as well.

Plus, I fucking love Famke Jaansen for some reason. That new Hansel and Gretel was actually really good and made by the same guy who did Dead Snow.

Recently watched a few Paddy Considine films and the guys amazing - him and Shane meadows are gold.

I thought all these were amazing and not tried plots.

This one is so fucking unsettling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbALBvRek1k

Ashley Arbaugh is so creepy and sociopathic. If you watch this, then read into the story, the plot thickens so much more than you would have thought between the directors and her... Also if you watch this I did some research and found out that Tigran of Noah's models is this man, Akhmed Bilalov:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275502/Putin-sacks-ski-jump-boss-Akhmed-Bilalov-Russias-winter-Olympics-delays.html

Shredsledder

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
Season 1 of the Boondocks is on netflix. I generally don't watch animated stuff but this show is fucking hilarious and very smart.

Will Easley

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
Season 1 of the Boondocks is on netflix. I generally don't watch animated stuff but this show is fucking hilarious and very smart.

prolly one of my favorite shows ever. I got all 3 seasons uncut on DVD. they're supposed to be finally coming out with season 4 this summer.

Shredsledder

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:47 PM »
fuck yeah I was wondering if that show was still being made

Yu Dum

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:32 PM »
You can't forget the almighty Samurai Jack.
And Courage, The Cowardly Dog.

EDIT: I'm still a little kid on the inside.

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2013, 01:34:29 AM »
You can't forget the almighty Samurai Jack.
And Courage, The Cowardly Dog.

EDIT: I'm still a little kid on the inside.
All I've been watching the past week.

Locbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • OWWW HAVE MERCY!
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »
Todd vs the Book of Pure Evil.
Adam Dyet is the black jellybean of skateboarding.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
arrested and development comes back only on netflix may 26, GET HYPE!!

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2013, 05:04:05 PM »
A bunch of adult swim/cartoon network shows circa 1990s were added recently - the kid in me is hyped!

I've been watching a bunch of Parks and Recreation lately. I thought that it would be a shittier interpretation of The Office, but no - it's great. Also, I finally mustered up the courage to watch the UK edition of The Office - very satisfied, but it was hard as fuck to get past the first two episodes.

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2013, 07:30:24 PM »

This was on there a week ago, for any bukowski fans.
ieatemochilds

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2013, 08:35:58 PM »
This will be the best thing to happen to netflix on that day.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2013, 12:19:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This will be the best thing to happen to netflix earth on that day.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
I watched Man on the Moon on Saturday. I enjoyed it.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2013, 10:40:15 PM »
Hardflip
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Oh, that's a great movie!
A bunch of adult swim/cartoon network shows circa 1990s were added recently - the kid in me is hyped!

I've been watching a bunch of Parks and Recreation lately. I thought that it would be a shittier interpretation of The Office, but no - it's great. Also, I finally mustered up the courage to watch the UK edition of The Office - very satisfied, but it was hard as fuck to get past the first two episodes.
Parks and Rec rules!  First two seasons are kinda meh, but the third and fourth are pretty much gold.

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
Parks and Rec rules!  First two seasons are kinda meh, but the third and fourth are pretty much gold.
I'm on season four now, and it's gold! I actually like all of the seasons to be honest. Season 1 - Episode 6 "Rock Show" is definitely one of my favorite episodes. Andy is hilarious and Mouse Rat is the funniest fucking thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnvR3ms6z4

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »
Ripped these awesome movies lately...

Funny, corny movie with a great cast

Fucking John Goodman is the best

And then I couldn't see the last image image whitemanjazz posted, so I used my imagination and figure he was talking about this...

awesome movie

Miller's crossing is the image posted. Seriously such an underrated film. It unfortunately (and surprisingly) didn't do well at the box office.

Though the trailer doesn't do the film justice...

Miller's Crossing - Original Theatrical Trailer
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Will Easley

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
recently watched the first lil season of Afro Samurai for the first time and that shit was cool. ima have to check out the resurrection one sometime soon.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

Good, not great.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2013, 11:34:52 PM »

Just watched this and it was amazing. Keeps getting better and better throughout. I'd highly recommend it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2013, 07:46:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I'm on season four now, and it's gold! I actually like all of the seasons to be honest. Season 1 - Episode 6 "Rock Show" is definitely one of my favorite episodes. Andy is hilarious and Mouse Rat is the funniest fucking thing.

Dude, Ron Swanson, Andy, and Aziz are unreal.  They make the show fucking great.  This has to be one of my new favorite comedies.  I would recommend it to anyone.
I suck at SLAP.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
I'm sure it's been mentioned but

Kids in the hall!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Dude, Ron Swanson, Andy, and Aziz are unreal.  They make the show fucking great.  This has to be one of my new favorite comedies.  I would recommend it to anyone.
I've loved the shit out of the chick who plays April ever since I first saw her. I'd do anything to just meet her.

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I've loved the shit out of the chick who plays April ever since I first saw her. I'd do anything to just meet her.

Dude... Who wouldn't?  I would give my fucking left nut to meet her.  So god damn cute.  It is unfair.
I suck at SLAP.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Dude... Who wouldn't?  I would give my fucking left nut to meet her.  So god damn cute.  It is unfair.

Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

She's at UCB in Los Angeles several times a week just hanging out. She's super approachable and down to say hi to anyone. Come out to L.A. and make your dreams come true.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Father John Misty - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

thanks for posting that.  awesome song, awesome video. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower