Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383299 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #720 on: February 07, 2016, 11:19:19 AM »
Movies on my list, some better than others, but all worth checking out I'd say:
The Babadook
City of God
City of Men
The Master
Blue Ruin
Punch-Drunk Love
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Starship Troopers
The Shining
Metropolis
Dark Man
That original Tim Burton Batman
Masters of the Universe (some of these are guilty pleasures)
Moonrise Kingdom
Melancholia
A Trip to the Moon
The Act of Killing
The Unknown Known
The Final Member
Lost in La Mancha
Whore's Glory
Jesus Camp
Hellraiser (the first one especially, but some of the sequels are fun too)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Coming to America
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Ladykillers
Existenz
Re-Animator
Monster Squad
Let the Right One In
Following
Kagemusha
Oldbboy
Eyes Wide Shut (Kinda sucks actually, but in a lot of ways it's still pretty fun to watch, especially with someone you want to have sex with)
American Beauty
Inglorious Basterds
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill 1&2
Serenity
The Iceman
Nightcrawler
Hot Fuzz
Sonatine
Drug War
The Conformist
Infernal Affairs
The Host
Dead Man
Heavenly Creatures
Housebound
White God
The Thin Blue Line
Into the Abyss

John Mulaney's newest standup special on netflix was super funny too, and Hannibal Buress just got a new one added recently, which is probably great.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:24:02 PM by childhood »

shark tits

« Reply #721 on: February 07, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
i wouldn't say i 'liked it' but Cowspiracy was worth watching. if their facts are correct, meat eating is kkkilling the planet. way to go all you meat heads except gay imp speed metal. don't blame him, he voted for ralph nader. sucks, can't imagine an ocean w/out fish but the way the tuna nets just scoop up everything is anything but sustainable. figure we might as well eat the whole catch once it's been killed. what's the point of throwing dead dolphins back? besides their heavy mercury content.......
if that al gore movie knocked you over the cow spiracy will knock your dick in the dirt. maybe war is the only way to sustain humanity. like nuke half the world to ease overpopulation? 1-2-3, not it!

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #722 on: February 10, 2016, 06:48:49 AM »
The Story of Maths

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #723 on: February 10, 2016, 07:04:15 AM »
Black Mirror was pretty good.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #724 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
I been watching this Canadian show called Continuum. Its pretty good, all about time traveling and terrorist 

Joe Pesci

« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
Just saw Training Day for the first time, I actually liked it, and kind of expected to just because of this meme:

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #726 on: February 18, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »
Just saw Training Day for the first time, I actually liked it, and kind of expected to just because of this meme:

I dont understand how anybody can like this movie . Its really bad and unrealistic

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2016, 10:22:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I dont understand how anybody can like this movie . Its really bad and unrealistic
It's not really either of those things. Go look up the Rampart scandal.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #728 on: February 19, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
Jason Dill is in a episode of the new netflix series "Love". He looks horrible, episode 4 fyi

EDIT: Hes pretty funny though
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:43:57 AM by tobey »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #729 on: February 19, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The leader of the rampart scandal was a black guy who took in a unknown white cop and told him all the secrets of his operation on the first day he met him and then got gunned down in the street ?

Ive seen some stuff that  Cowspiracys numbers were all on the extreme side . Its still scary stuff though

And killing the planet is abit extreme . We could poison all the water and air we breath . And all animals and all humans would die . But the earth would go on and give it 500 years ,5000 or 50000 years and it will go back to normal and build life up again

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #730 on: February 19, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The leader of the rampart scandal was a black guy who took in a unknown white cop and told him all the secrets of his operation on the first day he met him and then got gunned down in the street ?

Ive seen some stuff that  Cowspiracys numbers were all on the extreme side . Its still scary stuff though

And killing the planet is abit extreme . We could poison all the water and air we breath . And all animals and all humans would die . But the earth would go on and give it 500 years ,5000 or 50000 years and it will go back to normal and build life up again
Don't be so fucking dense. It's about police corruption, not the color of the person's skin.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #731 on: February 19, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »
I haven't seen "Training Day" all the way through, so my opinion may not be worth much, but I  feel like it didn't age great/others have done similar things better since then. I could see it still being a fun movie to watch tho. Traffic is another older drug movie that's still a good watch.

This isn't on netflix, but the recent movie "Sicario" is great and definitely worth seeking out. In parts I feel like its almost a superior, Mexican drug war version of Training Day, but again, I never saw that movie all the way through, so I could be way off.

Emily Blunt is great, the subject matter is super interesting, and the scenery shots of Arizona are gorgeous. I was hoping for a bit more of  realistic approach, but that's mainly personal preference, cause the movie still does a great job for a major film. Definitely recommended.

Again, "Sicario" is not on netflix, but if you want to see an even crazier drug cartel movie that is, check out the doc "Cartel Land". It's primarily about the vigilante groups that developed in some areas, to combat the cartels.  Some of the footage the filmmaker got is  insane, and the primary vigilante leader is a pretty intriguing narcissist.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #732 on: February 19, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't be so fucking dense. It's about police corruption, not the color of the person's skin.
[close]

Im not saying police corruption didnt exist or exists today . Im saying as the head or one of the bigger guys in the corruption theres no way he would take in a guy and on the first day explain his whole empire and explain everything and try to recruit the guy

Besides telling the kid his whole master plan and philosophy on the first day . dude drives around and commits crimes that pretty much any legit cop would pick up on and could have been caught by cameras or any good journalist

If you want to make a good cop movie about corruption , sure make it , but make it realistic . Like scerpico

shark tits

« Reply #733 on: February 19, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

no shit we won't 'kill the planet' only make it unlivable for human beings. if i can't live here, guess what? i consider the planet dead ya semantical dickhead.
you cow eatin motherfucker
you coow eatin motherfucker
you cow eatin motherfucker
you coow eatin motherfucker
all those cows you served
farted holes in the sky
shit in all the water
and made us humans die
you cow eatin motherfucker!

but seriously, i hope the numbers were high. fuck me gently w/ a chainsaw! but an ocean w/ no fish left in 2048? that's right around the time i plan on dying so maybe, fuck it. shark tits is gone, he's taking the fish w/ him. put 'the tuna was delish' on my headstone.
someone should update 'the monkeywrench gang' and have the protagonists kill cows, cats and anyone else who threatens indigenous critters. on a long time line perhaps hitler, stalin and chairman mao were the most environmental men and genocide is good for the ecosystem? an indian guy picked me up hitching in NM and said serial killers were part of nature.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #734 on: February 20, 2016, 07:18:31 PM »
Some more proof for brycickle that the movie is shit

Everything Wrong With Training Day In 4 Minutes Or Less

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #735 on: February 20, 2016, 08:08:39 PM »
You aren't going to convince me that I don't like a movie I like. Sorry bud.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: February 20, 2016, 08:11:22 PM »

Plus the movie came out in 2001 and it was pretty ahead of its time.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #737 on: February 20, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »
Training day wasn't that bad. I grew up in some of the locations they shot at and even i know they overplay the whole LA "gangster" lifestyle but it was still enjoyable. I found End of Watch to be a better portrayal of Cops and Gangsters in La.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #738 on: February 20, 2016, 08:23:06 PM »

Im not trying to convince you you dont like it . Im trying to show you how its a really bad unrealistic movie

Theres no shame in liking a bad movie , after all people like one direction, Fast and the furious  and britney spears . Just admit its a bad movie =p

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: February 20, 2016, 10:12:09 PM »
You think it's a bad movie. I don't.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #740 on: February 20, 2016, 11:46:55 PM »

Those videos break down pretty much every movie out.  Really not a litmus test of whether a movie is good or not. 

NEWSFLASH:  Movies aren't realistic because they are movies!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #741 on: February 21, 2016, 12:09:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those videos break down pretty much every movie out.  Really not a litmus test of whether a movie is good or not. 

NEWSFLASH:  Movies aren't realistic because they are movies!

The fact that so many movies get "broken down" is a sign you need to think more about how you make movies and write scripts . The amount of movies this youtube channel is covering that shows mistakes , plot holes and shitty writing and so on .

Just cause they break down so many movies doesnt make the mistakes and plot holes none existent

What about all the realistic movies that are realistic then ?

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #742 on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:43 AM »
You can find plot holes in any movie.  Show me a movie without plot holes and I'll show you a documentary.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #743 on: February 21, 2016, 11:21:45 AM »
You can find plot holes in any movie.  Show me a movie without plot holes and I'll show you a documentary.

Sure Ill play

Spotlight

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:25 PM »
The entire plot exists because of holes

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: February 21, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »

Started watching this. It's not bad. Dill was just in it.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #746 on: February 21, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote
You can find plot holes in any movie.  Show me a movie without plot holes and I'll show you a documentary.
[close]

Sure Ill play

Spotlight

I'll watch it tonight and get back with you, Mr. Burns.  Since this is based on a true story you may have me on this one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:50:20 PM by Dark Knight »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #747 on: February 21, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You can find plot holes in any movie.  Show me a movie without plot holes and I'll show you a documentary.
[close]

Sure Ill play

Spotlight
[close]

I'll watch it tonight and get back with you, Mr. Burns.  Since this is based on a true story you may have me on this one.

Its a great movie so you will be better for watching it .

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #748 on: February 21, 2016, 09:19:11 PM »
It taught me that pedophilia is wrong.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #749 on: February 21, 2016, 09:33:05 PM »
I thought it was the getting caught part that was wrong. Did I take the wrong message away from this one?