Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166489 times)

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #780 on: March 17, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
The new netflix show "Flaked" with Will Arnett was pretty good. Funny in the beginning but then got pretty dark towards the end. Still i liked it

My first impression was that it was a little bit of a Californication ripoff, but I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend this show! I was bummed I finished it in a night and a half. Hope they do season 2.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #781 on: March 18, 2016, 06:36:13 AM »
Gonna binge Daredevil season 2 today and tomorrow. Can't wait to see Jon Bernthal's Punisher fuck shit up.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #782 on: March 18, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »
The new netflix show "Flaked" with Will Arnett was pretty good. Funny in the beginning but then got pretty dark towards the end. Still i liked it

My first impression was that it was a little bit of a Californication ripoff, but I was pleasantly surprised. I highly recommend this show! I was bummed I finished it in a night and a half. Hope they do season 2.

I watched the first episode and you just keep waiting for him to be gob.....I liked it though....

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #783 on: March 18, 2016, 07:34:51 AM »
Gonna binge Daredevil season 2 today and tomorrow. Can't wait to see Jon Bernthal's Punisher fuck shit up.

I heard they were doing a new take on the Punisher for daredevil , hes supposed to be a pacifist in this universe

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #784 on: March 18, 2016, 11:50:34 AM »
FUCK YES!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #785 on: March 18, 2016, 04:33:39 PM »
I really liked Finding Vivian Maier although there are a few ham fisted bits and it's ethically troublesome because the filmmakers stand to profit as rights holders of her photos if she can be built up as a "great artist." I do think her work is pretty great, though.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

Although they could have toned down to he manic editing, Electric Boogaloo was entertaining (if you grew up in the 80's). Total flashback of all the not so great movies I loved as a kid. After learning about the personalities behind them it makes sense now why those movies were always just a bit "off". :)

excitableboy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #787 on: March 20, 2016, 03:50:18 PM »

Apparantly it's getting really poor reviews. Watched only the first two episodes but I liked it as well.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #788 on: March 20, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »

Flaked has a great soundtrack as well. I got hyped when I heard Car Seat Headrest.

excitableboy

• Rep: 30
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2016, 12:38:00 PM »
It's not on Netflix but has anyone mentioned Horace & Pete yet? Haven't seen it discussed anywhere. Highly recommend it!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -319
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #790 on: March 24, 2016, 03:38:29 AM »
New Daredevil season 2 is pretty damn good

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #791 on: March 24, 2016, 01:09:36 PM »

Hell yeah it is! 

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #792 on: March 26, 2016, 01:34:15 AM »

Apparantly it's getting really poor reviews. Watched only the first two episodes but I liked it as well.

I guess it's one of those shows you either really like or kinda.. hate. I liked it alot.

Jumping Beans

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2016, 08:28:54 AM »
Not sure if it's on Netflix, but a friend got me watching Broad City and it's pretty funny/chill to watch.  Aside from that I'm still working on Prison Break.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #794 on: March 26, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »

Hell yeah it is! 
3rd'd....only problem is I watched it in like 4 days sigh!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #795 on: March 28, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »
New season of Trailer Park Boys. Just watched a little before class and as soon as Ricky came in the picture, i know its going to be a good season

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #796 on: March 28, 2016, 06:27:29 PM »

I guess it's one of those shows you either really like or kinda.. hate. I liked it alot.

yeah I noticed that too, lots of bad reviews. I am anxiously awaiting season 2!

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #797 on: March 28, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »

Flaked has a great soundtrack as well. I got hyped when I heard Car Seat Headrest.
yeah it really does, I was stoked to hear Car Seat Headrest too and then Alex G coming on right after made it even better

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #798 on: March 28, 2016, 06:54:52 PM »

yeah I noticed that too, lots of bad reviews. I am anxiously awaiting season 2!

I've never seen Californiacation, but I've heard good things. However, I enjoyed Flaked. Not exactly sure what all the critics are ranting about.
For Your Health

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 21
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround
« Reply #799 on: March 28, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
That movie "He Never Died" with Henry Rollin's in it was super sick and a random watch. Totally recommend checking it out.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #800 on: May 26, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »
Bloodline season 2 comes out the 27th (tomorrow)

Also Narcos season 2 should be coming out in about a couple of months

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #801 on: May 28, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
Peaky Blinders too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #802 on: May 28, 2016, 07:43:07 PM »
Peaky Blinders too.

I never got into that show. It seems perfect for me but maybe i was too distracted at the time. Same thing with Copper but bloodline season 2 is already looking great 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #803 on: May 29, 2016, 12:08:15 AM »
Give it another shot. It's a bit of a slow burn, but it's worth it. Season 2 has Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy together. I haven't been around netflix to watch season 3 yet, but I heard Tom Hardy is in there as well. I'm looking forward to startling bloodline too. The first season was great.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

4wheels

« Reply #804 on: May 29, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »
It's not on Netflix but has anyone mentioned Horace & Pete yet? Haven't seen it discussed anywhere. Highly recommend it!
I was just coming to this thread to see if anyone else had watched it. Im currently on episode 8, Louis CK did such a great job writing this thing.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #805 on: May 29, 2016, 10:24:31 PM »
Horace and Pete was heavy handed fucking retarded drivel but Alan Alda killed it

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #806 on: May 30, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »
Stoked to start and probably finish Bloodline Season 2 this week.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #807 on: May 30, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »

I'm like 6 episodes in and its not like anything from the first season. Like how its a slow build up then gets intense, its pretty wild from the first episode and so on

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 97
« Reply #808 on: May 31, 2016, 06:30:17 AM »
I'm really hyped on the Chef's Table series

staining niggas homework wit his buttjuice

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #809 on: May 31, 2016, 01:33:06 PM »

I'm like 6 episodes in and its not like anything from the first season. Like how its a slow build up then gets intense, its pretty wild from the first episode and so on

It's pretty much in your face from the first episode. Shits amaaaaazing. I'm trying not to binge tho
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna