Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166347 times)

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #840 on: September 16, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
So there is a season 2 of stranger things coming!?!?

It kinda ended like there wasn't gonna be. Except for the bathroom scene just at the end.

Show was 10/10 anyway.

fur sure

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Ross Duffer: We love the idea that [the Upside Down] is an environment that is not a great place for a human being to be living in. Will's been there for an entire week, and it's had some kind of effect on him, both emotionally and perhaps physically. The idea is he's escaped this nightmare place, but has he really? That's a place we wanted to go and potentially explore in season two. What effect does living in there for a week have on him? And what has been done to him? It's not good, obviously.

How does Will communicate through the Christmas lights? Even if they showed up when Reality Bites put them up, it's not like touching or willing should have such an effect on our side.

Big possibility that Eleven isn't going to be in Season 2 :'(

Bruh, did you not see the police chief leaving waffles in a box in the woods? I felt like that was pretty telling she's going to be around somehow.
Irvine-Sucks.com

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #841 on: September 16, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
So there is a season 2 of stranger things coming!?!?

It kinda ended like there wasn't gonna be. Except for the bathroom scene just at the end.

Show was 10/10 anyway.

fur sure

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Ross Duffer: We love the idea that [the Upside Down] is an environment that is not a great place for a human being to be living in. Will's been there for an entire week, and it's had some kind of effect on him, both emotionally and perhaps physically. The idea is he's escaped this nightmare place, but has he really? That's a place we wanted to go and potentially explore in season two. What effect does living in there for a week have on him? And what has been done to him? It's not good, obviously.

How does Will communicate through the Christmas lights? Even if they showed up when Reality Bites put them up, it's not like touching or willing should have such an effect on our side.

Big possibility that Eleven isn't going to be in Season 2 :'(

Bruh, did you not see the police chief leaving waffles in a box in the woods? I felt like that was pretty telling she's going to be around somehow.

http://www.ibtimes.com/stranger-things-season-2-spoilers-will-eleven-return-next-season-creators-dish-plot-2410615
They didn?t confirm whether Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown), who may have died in the final episode after incinerating the Demogorgon, would be back next season Ross only said that her return is still ?up in the air.? But the brothers did share that they will be adding four new characters, who would bring ?a lot of new and interesting dynamics that we didn?t see in Season 1,? according to Matt

shark tits

« Reply #842 on: September 20, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
I, madman is a great thriller w/ a literary bent. The protagonist has that slurry librarian style.
Falling for you  w/ Jennie garth & colt 45s own billy dee williams was good too.
Just watched poison ivy w/ drew Barrymore  (creepy slut) & darling from roseanne. I now see why dirty old men were into drew fore she got all pg Adam sandler

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #843 on: September 20, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »
Anybody else obsessed with longmire? We just renewed our sub to Netflix and discovered it kept going. We started watching it on A&E when I came out but fell off when we heard season two was supposed to be the last one. We are a few episodes away from finishing season 2 atm.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Global Moderator

• Rep: -27
« Reply #844 on: September 20, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »
ARQ is dope... It's fast paced and interesting low budget Sci-Fi. Not super original, but very enjoyable to watch.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #845 on: September 20, 2016, 10:42:47 PM »
I, madman is a great thriller w/ a literary bent. The protagonist has that slurry librarian style.

Whaattt I loved that movie as a kid I think I remember it sucking shit but I still love it

shark tits

« Reply #846 on: September 22, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »

Whaattt I loved that movie as a kid I think I remember it sucking shit but I still love it
Sucks shit? Get outta town, man. Also, if anyone is into neo noir, a real who done it, murder of a cat had me on the edge of my seat.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:12:15 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: September 22, 2016, 11:31:11 AM »
Anybody else obsessed with longmire? We just renewed our sub to Netflix and discovered it kept going. We started watching it on A&E when I came out but fell off when we heard season two was supposed to be the last one. We are a few episodes away from finishing season 2 atm.

Yea the bear episode got me hooked

ScreamingHand

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #848 on: September 24, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »
supermensch is an awesome doc

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »
Been binge watching Gotham season 2 the past 3 days, its just as good as the first season. The kid who plays the joker (hes also in the show Shameless) is fucking fantastic.

I tried watching that new netflix show "easy" but doesn't seem all that interesting.

Also Luke Cage just came out today, watching that after Gotham

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #850 on: September 30, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
I finished Bojack Horseman. It's funny and dark at the same time. All of the jokes and the wacky setting kept things watchable for me. Eagerly awaiting for more!

Also, I started to watch Narcos yesterday. Seeing CAPTAIN NASCIMENTO act Colombian is amusing, but he's a great actor and I can't speak enough Spanish to judge him... or anyone who isn't Peggy Hill. How did they come up with the idea of getting Rodrigo Amarante to sing the main theme? Did they just need a singer-songwriter based in the LA area to moan a bluesy song full of similes in his fourth language? I hope the paycheck keeps him from making yet another Los Hermanos reunion. It's embarassing and he's a sad drunk.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #851 on: September 30, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »
Been binge watching Gotham season 2 the past 3 days, its just as good as the first season. The kid who plays the joker (hes also in the show Shameless) is fucking fantastic.

I tried watching that new netflix show "easy" but doesn't seem all that interesting.

Also Luke Cage just came out today, watching that after Gotham
started watching at midnite...shit is dope!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #852 on: September 30, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »
Luke Cage is killing it right now.

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #853 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:53 PM »
Yeah, everything about Luke Cage is great.  Tone, acting, casting etc.  All of it rules.  Also, Colter is born for the role.  It's pretty cool finally seeing someone with his type of powers fighting regular dudes the way it would actually look, with him barely moving.  Misty Knight and Cottonmouth are also great.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #854 on: October 01, 2016, 09:21:55 PM »
Dazed and confused got added today. Alright alright alright

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #855 on: October 01, 2016, 11:03:04 PM »
Easy....you get to see the little chick from garfunkle and Oates naked.....

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #856 on: October 02, 2016, 02:26:20 AM »
Just found out that the new season of Black Mirror is coming out in a few weeks.
Really excited, I didn't even think it was coming out this year
Nancy Drew

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #857 on: October 15, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #858 on: October 15, 2016, 06:44:46 PM »
I'm pretty pissed that Angela from The Office and Stevie from eastbound and down are in that stupid youtube girls netflix show. I watched one episode though and i didn't hate it but i also didn't like it

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
you never know about pre-cum 

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #860 on: October 16, 2016, 10:10:04 PM »
Luke Cage is made corny. I get that it's based off a comic but damn it's cringe worthy. Plus the fact everyone is raving about it might have ruined it for me

"Easy" was watchable... Some stories better than other. Some were super boring.

"People just do nothing" is fucking rad. Love it.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #861 on: October 17, 2016, 09:04:55 PM »
New Christopher Guest movie

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #862 on: October 18, 2016, 05:30:28 PM »

Love it. I am on the last couple episodes of season 5.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #863 on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:53 PM »
Watching the life in videos thing with Reynolds I'm convinced that the PD baby grew up to be 11 from Stranger things.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: October 21, 2016, 10:11:59 AM »

Love it. I am on the last couple episodes of season 5.

finished season 5 last night...its surprisingly dope

jomeara1

« Reply #865 on: October 21, 2016, 12:56:12 PM »
Almost Famous

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b]
« Reply #866 on: October 21, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
Just found out that the new season of Black Mirror is coming out in a few weeks.
Really excited, I didn't even think it was coming out this year

IT'S OUT TODAY I'M SO EXCITED

For when you eventually are done binging that, I suggest Dead Set. It's another British show made by Charlie Brooker (same guy who made BM) with a similar dark satirical feel to it. It's only 6 episodes and is about the cast of the reality show Big Brother and what happens during the zombie apocalypse.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #867 on: October 21, 2016, 02:26:41 PM »
Luke Cage is made corny. I get that it's based off a comic but damn it's cringe worthy. Plus the fact everyone is raving about it might have ruined it for me

The soundtrack is dope...but for me It was all down hill after Cottonmouth/ Stryker introduction ...the last 2 episodes were disappointing for sure
Only person who kept it live till the last episode was Shades

stoked Black Mirror is out today

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #868 on: October 22, 2016, 03:35:21 AM »
Yeah, watched the first episode of the new Black Mirror season tonight
Really enjoyed it, that show hits on some many points of my interest.

Gonna try to just watch an episode a week though, rather than binging it, in the hope that I'll appreciate it more.

Never would have thought that Charlie Brooker, the funny, sardonic, insightful host of a BBC (?) series on tv criticism, that I used to watch on youtube like ten years ago, would wind up creating and writing one of the most unique and interesting sci-fi shows of the past 5 years.
Nancy Drew

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: October 22, 2016, 07:06:43 AM »
Yeah, watched the first episode of the new Black Mirror season tonight
Really enjoyed it, that show hits on some many points of my interest.

Gonna try to just watch an episode a week though, rather than binging it, in the hope that I'll appreciate it more.

Never would have thought that Charlie Brooker, the funny, sardonic, insightful host of a BBC (?) series on tv criticism, that I used to watch on youtube like ten years ago, would wind up creating and writing one of the most unique and interesting sci-fi shows of the past 5 years.

watched 4 episodes last night, It only gets better after the first.  Best horror show ever, I had some fucked up nightmares last night too