Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166821 times)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #990 on: March 19, 2017, 03:24:14 PM »
God I hate hot chicks who use there powers for evil.

shark tits

« Reply #991 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:04 AM »
iZombie and my crazy ex girlfriend.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #992 on: March 20, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
Iron Fist sucked balls...pretty bad acting (except Rosario), bad fighting scenes, lacks continuity...shit dialogue...damn Marvel dropped the ball on this one

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 1
« Reply #993 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »
Just watched this show shrink on seeso. It's the funniest show i've seen in a long time. And if you haven't gotten seeso, I think its 3.99 a month and you get every episode of parks and rec, snl, a matt besser stand up special, and a shit ton of other comedy content you might like.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #994 on: March 21, 2017, 04:04:30 AM »
Iron Fist sucked balls...pretty bad acting (except Rosario), bad fighting scenes, lacks continuity...shit dialogue...damn Marvel dropped the ball on this one

i liked it, but i don't think any of the marvel shows are particularly great..

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #995 on: March 21, 2017, 04:46:55 AM »

Only seen 2 eps so far but I'm into it. Now you'll have me looking for shitty acting. I think it'd just the nature of any "superhero" story to be overly dramatic. Comes with the territory I suppose...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:39 AM »
i agree the fighting sequences looks kinda fake and boring. a lot of bad cuts in thoese scenes too. but yeah, it's pretty enjoyable overall. jessica jones also had shitty dialogue and action, but i liked that show as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:44:15 AM by darkslideoftheforce »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
Finally sat down to watch Marco Polo and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely wish they were coming out with more seasons.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »

Only seen 2 eps so far but I'm into it. Now you'll have me looking for shitty acting. I think it'd just the nature of any "superhero" story to be overly dramatic. Comes with the territory I suppose...
I actually enjoy Agents of Shield which has some pretty bad stories/plots/acting, but this shit was on a level worse than that show...
well the acting comes off like its a lot of peoples first rodeo.  Rosario, Trinity, and Madame Gao were great...but everyone else is just a drag.
Was only feeling the fight club scenes tbh.

Finally sat down to watch Marco Polo and was pleasantly surprised. Definitely wish they were coming out with more seasons.
yea i got into it late, but once i did I binged the 2 seasons. A lot of it should have been copied into Iron Fist especially 100 eyes...oh well
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:54:32 PM by Abyss1 »

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #999 on: March 22, 2017, 09:56:26 AM »

I actually enjoy Agents of Shield which has some pretty bad stories/plots/acting, but this shit was on a level worse than that show...
well the acting comes off like its a lot of peoples first rodeo.  Rosario, Trinity, and Madame Gao were great...but everyone else is just a drag.

yea i got into it late, but once i did I binged the 2 seasons. A lot of it should have been copied into Iron Fist especially 100 eyes...oh well

I've been hearing some not too good things about Iron Fist and having never really liked him in the comics, probably won't watch. I don't remember the first season of Arrow to well but does it seem like most super hero shows have a rocky start? I felt like Luke Cage was a bit of a letdown.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1000 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »

I've been hearing some not too good things about Iron Fist and having never really liked him in the comics, probably won't watch. I don't remember the first season of Arrow to well but does it seem like most super hero shows have a rocky start? I felt like Luke Cage was a bit of a letdown.
I really do hope they get their shit together for Season 2...It would mean Iron First would need a lot more martial arts training, film gets more budget , and potentially the director for DareDevil for it to shine better than season 1

For me the hiearchy of Marvel TV shows goes DareDevil --> Jessica Jones --> Luke Cage ---> Agents of Shield -->Agent Carter -->Iron Fist
and I still havent seen Agent Carter  :-X

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #1001 on: March 22, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
isn't Legion a marvel one ? this one is good

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #1002 on: March 22, 2017, 10:50:54 AM »
Legion is an xmen show, so not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Saw first episode of Iron Fist. Can't really say much but Finn Jones is just so meh in it. I'm a fan of Jessica Henwick and she's a babe for life too. Can't wait to see what she brings to the show.

It's one of those shows where you have to watch because it leads up to the next show (The Defenders) and might not really know whats going on unless you see it.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1003 on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »

Saw first episode of Iron Fist. Can't really say much but Finn Jones is just so meh in it. I'm a fan of Jessica Henwick and she's a babe for life too. Can't wait to see what she brings to the show.

It's one of those shows where you have to watch because it leads up to the next show (The Defenders) and might not really know whats going on unless you see it.
I never heard of legion...will add to the cue
honestly with Iron Fist you can skip from ep.1 to ep.6 ...and then skip to ep.13 and youd miss nothing

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #1004 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
The Dave Chapelle stand-up is great.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #1005 on: March 22, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »

I never heard of legion...will add to the cue
honestly with Iron Fist you can skip from ep.1 to ep.6 ...and then skip to ep.13 and youd miss nothing
try Legion, it worths the watch, special effects are well made and the filming is good, i think i'll avoid ironfist, just have one life to live, arrow, the flash and luke cage already punctionned too much of it ;D

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1006 on: March 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
The Dave Chapelle stand-up is great.
THIS THIS THIS!!!!!
Watched both of them back to back, was going to ration it out but could not resist.
Third one on the way as well , Dave is the fucking man, just absolutely killed it with these.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1007 on: March 23, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Anybody fuck with Grace and Frankie? New season comes out tomorrow i believe and Jane Fonda is the best

shark tits

« Reply #1008 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »
watched 'hap and leonard' for ambiance [louisisana]. pretty dece. omar from the wire and his white trash sidekick kicking ass.
'wentworth' is a gnarlier, for serious 'orange is the new black' set in australia. everything in straya is 10 X gnar. that should be the national motto.
i tried to watch tobey's 'bitch in apt 23' but only made it a few episodes in.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1009 on: March 23, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
Watched "Train to Busan" last night. It's a Korean movie about zombies. If you like zombie flicks, you'll like it. This was not a great review, and for that I apologize.

Irvine-Sucks.com

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1010 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
watched 'hap and leonard' for ambiance [louisisana]. pretty dece. omar from the wire and his white trash sidekick kicking ass.
'wentworth' is a gnarlier, for serious 'orange is the new black' set in australia. everything in straya is 10 X gnar. that should be the national motto.
i tried to watch tobey's 'bitch in apt 23' but only made it a few episodes in.
i fuck with hap and leonard, season 2 just started and its getting pretty good
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
I got done Iron Fist yesterday and yeah its definitely the weakest out of all the marvel shows on netflix but i still enjoyed it.

I just tried this new show called Hap and Leonard. Has a pretty good cast, Michael K. Williams (Omar from the wire), James Purefoy (The killer in the following), and Christina Hendricks. Sundance makes it and there's only one season so far on netflix (6 episodes) but the show is still running, it started last year. Only negative i can come up with is their southern accents, i just don't think its that believable. Anyway check it out, or don't, i don't care

I like shark tits review better
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:48:22 PM by tobey »

shark tits

« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
how are you watching season 2 brent?
i'm watching 'peter and the farm' right now.  documentary about what it sounds like.
i want a range life. if i can settle down.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
LOL fuck my bad shark tits, didn't realize you already posted that show

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »
Finished Hap and Leonard Season 1 and was kinda bummed on there only being 6 episodes available looking forward to season 2 but at least Christina Hendricks rack still looks awesome

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Finished Hap and Leonard Season 1 and was kinda bummed on there only being 6 episodes available looking forward to season 2 but at least Christina Hendricks rack still looks awesome

Well you should be stoked you finished it because season 2 of better call saul just got added today and now you can binge that

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1016 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »

Well you should be stoked you finished it because season 2 of better call saul just got added today and now you can binge that
Damn straight

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1017 on: April 02, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »
I'm really enjoying this new sitcom Life in pieces that just got added on to netflix, one season so far. It's kind of like modern family show but maybe a little more r rated and Tom Hanks son is pretty funny in it. Also the dude from Legit is in it, the bald one and he kills it in it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:05:51 PM by tobey »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1018 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »
It was too NBC/ABC for me......writing was just ok......

Jumping Beans

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #1019 on: April 03, 2017, 02:47:15 AM »
Last half of Love season 2 was like watching a train wreck and gave me relationship anxiety, but definitely looking forward to season 3 whenever that's out.

Started watching Riverdale this weekend, only 5 episodes in, but as someone who grew up on Archie comics I'm feeling it.  Pretty over the top at times but definitely entertaining and all the characters bring something to the table.  All the parents are such assholes, and I'm waiting for Ethel aka Barb to get iced a la Stranger Things.