Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383089 times)

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #990 on: March 22, 2017, 10:58:18 AM »
Legion is an xmen show, so not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Saw first episode of Iron Fist. Can't really say much but Finn Jones is just so meh in it. I'm a fan of Jessica Henwick and she's a babe for life too. Can't wait to see what she brings to the show.

It's one of those shows where you have to watch because it leads up to the next show (The Defenders) and might not really know whats going on unless you see it.
I never heard of legion...will add to the cue
honestly with Iron Fist you can skip from ep.1 to ep.6 ...and then skip to ep.13 and youd miss nothing

Pigeon

« Reply #991 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
The Dave Chapelle stand-up is great.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #992 on: March 22, 2017, 12:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Legion is an xmen show, so not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Saw first episode of Iron Fist. Can't really say much but Finn Jones is just so meh in it. I'm a fan of Jessica Henwick and she's a babe for life too. Can't wait to see what she brings to the show.

It's one of those shows where you have to watch because it leads up to the next show (The Defenders) and might not really know whats going on unless you see it.
[close]
I never heard of legion...will add to the cue
honestly with Iron Fist you can skip from ep.1 to ep.6 ...and then skip to ep.13 and youd miss nothing
try Legion, it worths the watch, special effects are well made and the filming is good, i think i'll avoid ironfist, just have one life to live, arrow, the flash and luke cage already punctionned too much of it ;D

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #993 on: March 22, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »
The Dave Chapelle stand-up is great.
THIS THIS THIS!!!!!
Watched both of them back to back, was going to ration it out but could not resist.
Third one on the way as well , Dave is the fucking man, just absolutely killed it with these.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Anybody fuck with Grace and Frankie? New season comes out tomorrow i believe and Jane Fonda is the best

shark tits

« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »
watched 'hap and leonard' for ambiance [louisisana]. pretty dece. omar from the wire and his white trash sidekick kicking ass.
'wentworth' is a gnarlier, for serious 'orange is the new black' set in australia. everything in straya is 10 X gnar. that should be the national motto.
i tried to watch tobey's 'bitch in apt 23' but only made it a few episodes in.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
Watched "Train to Busan" last night. It's a Korean movie about zombies. If you like zombie flicks, you'll like it. This was not a great review, and for that I apologize.

Irvine-Sucks.com

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #997 on: March 24, 2017, 05:37:51 AM »
watched 'hap and leonard' for ambiance [louisisana]. pretty dece. omar from the wire and his white trash sidekick kicking ass.
'wentworth' is a gnarlier, for serious 'orange is the new black' set in australia. everything in straya is 10 X gnar. that should be the national motto.
i tried to watch tobey's 'bitch in apt 23' but only made it a few episodes in.
i fuck with hap and leonard, season 2 just started and its getting pretty good
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
I got done Iron Fist yesterday and yeah its definitely the weakest out of all the marvel shows on netflix but i still enjoyed it.

I just tried this new show called Hap and Leonard. Has a pretty good cast, Michael K. Williams (Omar from the wire), James Purefoy (The killer in the following), and Christina Hendricks. Sundance makes it and there's only one season so far on netflix (6 episodes) but the show is still running, it started last year. Only negative i can come up with is their southern accents, i just don't think its that believable. Anyway check it out, or don't, i don't care

I like shark tits review better
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:48:22 PM by tobey »

shark tits

« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2017, 04:45:14 PM »
how are you watching season 2 brent?
i'm watching 'peter and the farm' right now.  documentary about what it sounds like.
i want a range life. if i can settle down.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1000 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
LOL fuck my bad shark tits, didn't realize you already posted that show

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1001 on: March 27, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »
Finished Hap and Leonard Season 1 and was kinda bummed on there only being 6 episodes available looking forward to season 2 but at least Christina Hendricks rack still looks awesome

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1002 on: March 27, 2017, 05:37:10 PM »
Finished Hap and Leonard Season 1 and was kinda bummed on there only being 6 episodes available looking forward to season 2 but at least Christina Hendricks rack still looks awesome

Well you should be stoked you finished it because season 2 of better call saul just got added today and now you can binge that

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1003 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well you should be stoked you finished it because season 2 of better call saul just got added today and now you can binge that
Damn straight

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1004 on: April 02, 2017, 06:24:35 PM »
I'm really enjoying this new sitcom Life in pieces that just got added on to netflix, one season so far. It's kind of like modern family show but maybe a little more r rated and Tom Hanks son is pretty funny in it. Also the dude from Legit is in it, the bald one and he kills it in it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:05:51 PM by tobey »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #1005 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »
It was too NBC/ABC for me......writing was just ok......

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1006 on: April 03, 2017, 02:47:15 AM »
Last half of Love season 2 was like watching a train wreck and gave me relationship anxiety, but definitely looking forward to season 3 whenever that's out.

Started watching Riverdale this weekend, only 5 episodes in, but as someone who grew up on Archie comics I'm feeling it.  Pretty over the top at times but definitely entertaining and all the characters bring something to the table.  All the parents are such assholes, and I'm waiting for Ethel aka Barb to get iced a la Stranger Things.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #1007 on: April 03, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
It's on Amazon not Netflix, but Patriot is pretty fucking great.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Pigeon

« Reply #1008 on: April 04, 2017, 08:32:39 AM »
Season 7 of Archer and season 2 of Better Call Saul are pretty good. I have Get the Gringo, the Mel Gibson movie, playing in the background, and wouldn't recommend it.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1009 on: April 04, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »
Also new season of Trailer Park Boys. So far its pretty good, i don't think J roc is in it which is a huge bummer for me but still it holds up

EDIT: Just looked it up, he left after season 10. This fucking sucks now
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:33:52 AM by tobey »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #1010 on: April 04, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
It's on crave but I think jroc is on letterkenny....

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1011 on: April 05, 2017, 01:20:21 AM »
Tropic Thunder

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1012 on: April 05, 2017, 08:28:19 AM »
Also new season of Trailer Park Boys. So far its pretty good, i don't think J roc is in it which is a huge bummer for me but still it holds up

lucy left the show too, but shes nobodys favorite character and it wont matter much without her. im a few episodes in and it seems a lot better than the last two netflix seasons, which is good. so far they havent brought back don/donna and that fat bull dyke from the last season and i really hope it stays that way. they were the worst.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1013 on: April 05, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lucy left the show too, but shes nobodys favorite character and it wont matter much without her. im a few episodes in and it seems a lot better than the last two netflix seasons, which is good. so far they havent brought back don/donna and that fat bull dyke from the last season and i really hope it stays that way. they were the worst.

You're good, they aren't anywhere in this season

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1014 on: April 05, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »
Probably late to the party, but I've been watching Hing all the marvel miniseries

Iron fist is dope
Gentleman ninja warlock

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1015 on: April 05, 2017, 03:39:50 PM »
Probably late to the party, but I've been watching Hing all the marvel miniseries

Iron fist is dope

What was so dope about it?  Binged it and hated it (except for Colleen and fight club)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1016 on: April 05, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote

Iron fist is dope
[close]

What was so dope about it?  Binged it and hated it (except for Colleen and fight club)

Bummer...

I just like the story, to me it's interesting and its non stop action.

It's not the best show on earth but it keeps me glued to the TV from 11 to 3 am.

Then it's back to Daredevil and whatever else. I've watched the series ass backwards I believe
Gentleman ninja warlock

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1017 on: April 05, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »
Tropic Thunder

Just watched that again. It really is an underrated movie, forgot how big the cast was butt fuck Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller are just so great in that movie. I remember when it first came out there were a bunch of news coverage about that movie because of the whole Simple Jack thing in the movie, just so good though 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: April 06, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Iron fist is dope
[close]

[close]

Bummer...

I just like the story, to me it's interesting and its non stop action.

It's not the best show on earth but it keeps me glued to the TV from 11 to 3 am.

Then it's back to Daredevil and whatever else. I've watched the series ass backwards I believe

If you liked iron fist youll like Marco Polo, i think it has what i expected from Iron Fist .

Watched the season premier of Agents of Shield (Hulu) and it was pretty damn good

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1019 on: April 06, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Tropic Thunder
[close]

Just watched that again. It really is an underrated movie, forgot how big the cast was butt fuck Robert Downey Jr and Ben Stiller are just so great in that movie. I remember when it first came out there were a bunch of news coverage about that movie because of the whole Simple Jack thing in the movie, just so good though 

Probablymy favorite RDJr performance, I find it hilarious he was nominated for an academy award for it