Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166390 times)

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1080 on: May 29, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »
I've been looking for Patton for a long time, but could never find a version where the subtitles worked out. Turns out Netflix (recently?) added it. What a man, what a character, what a great movie. It's a nice, human portrait of the general if anyone's interested. I'm not usually into war films, but I'm glad I finally caught it.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1081 on: May 30, 2017, 10:47:05 PM »
New F is for Family espisodes.
you never know about pre-cum 

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #1082 on: May 31, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
Watched that new Brad Pitt movie War Machine. I liked the first half then I went to go some a cigarette and didn't pay attention to the rest. Stoked Daryl got a role though

I loved it..would recommend

Binged the Bloodline final Season...7/10

Almost done with House of Cards...its alright but a lot better than last seasons

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #1083 on: June 02, 2017, 06:55:40 PM »
I never watched any kind of drama for a long time. I got sucked into Hello, My Twenties on netflix. My kids got to learn about prostitution.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #1084 on: June 03, 2017, 05:40:32 AM »
Bloodline Season 3, Flaked Season 2, F is for Family Season 2 and House of Cards Season 5 all in the last couple weeks! Makes it easy to be a  hermit.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #1085 on: June 03, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
Flaked season 2 was really short, only 6 episodes still enjoyed it. They also just added Doctor Strange, gonna check that out later today

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1086 on: June 03, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »
The BIg Brother doc just went up on Hulu.  What a fun little trip down memory lane.

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • Go buy a Ryan Lay board!
« Reply #1087 on: June 04, 2017, 05:13:31 AM »
Betting On Zero. Herbalife Documentary, Really interesting and really fucked at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:16:44 AM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #1088 on: June 05, 2017, 10:15:07 PM »
Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States

It's a bit biased but on point for certain subjects.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #1089 on: June 17, 2017, 08:05:54 AM »
So I'm watching the Jake the Snake movie right now. It feels like an ad for DDP's yoga program, and I can't help but feel really suspicious about the raw displays of emotion coming from people who have been making their living by acting in fronts of thousands of people every night for the last 30 years. Is it really worth to continue?

shark tits

« Reply #1090 on: June 17, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »
So I'm watching the Jake the Snake movie right now. It feels like an ad for DDP's yoga program, and I can't help but feel really suspicious about the raw displays of emotion coming from people who have been making their living by acting in fronts of thousands of people every night for the last 30 years. Is it really worth to continue?
ha, i'm watching it now and razor ramon is the spitting image of norm mcdonald in the face, isn't he? just in the face when they're wheeling him around the airport or whatever.
i'm into all the behind the scenes of old wrestlers and it's somehow satisfying to see crumpled old guy's stretch.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1091 on: June 17, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »
I got one of those hacked fire sticks, so i can watch whatever.  Home alone all weekend, drinking, started watching American Gods, it's good. Think it's on stars, but if you have Kodi, check it out.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1092 on: June 23, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
I love Alison Brie since the show community so i was stoked when her new show Glow came out on netflix today. Extra stoked you can see her boobs in like the first 5 minutes of the show. She just rules in general though

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 97
« Reply #1093 on: June 23, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
I love Alison Brie since the show community so i was stoked when her new show Glow came out on netflix today. Extra stoked you can see her boobs in like the first 5 minutes of the show. She just rules in general though

Immediately heads to netflix.com...
staining niggas homework wit his buttjuice

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1094 on: June 28, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »

+1 on Glow...fucking love it.  Thoughts on Marc Moran being in it?  Most people I know dont like the dude, but I thought he was perfect for the role.  The 80's setting is the shit!

Also watched the documentry on netflix "american anarchist" the guy who wrote the ararchists cookbook...excellent doc and very very deep in detail

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1095 on: June 28, 2017, 11:57:28 AM »
Just watched Dig Two Graves last night and enjoyed it:

Irvine-Sucks.com

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1096 on: June 28, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »

Immediately heads to netflix.com...

um yeah i'm right behind you..

i thought that was a documentary about G.L.O.W. with the Fabulous Moulah and all that, had no idea it was a show with Alison Brie.  

New season of Bloodline is great (still have a few more episodes to go).  I am rooting for Kevin to disappear from this earth so I guess they succeed in the frustration of his story line.  The show is great, but it kinda needs Danny.  That guy was too good of an actor and really made a huge impact.

I've mentioned this before but if you haven't watched the show Gomorrah I highly recommend you do so.  Quite possibly the best show on TV (well, Italian TV.. and it's on iTunes not Netflix or Hulu).  Absolutely worth the $$ though.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:43:11 AM by bea! »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1097 on: June 28, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »

+1 on Glow...fucking love it.  Thoughts on Marc Moran being in it?  Most people I know dont like the dude, but I thought he was perfect for the role.  The 80's setting is the shit!

Also watched the documentry on netflix "american anarchist" the guy who wrote the ararchists cookbook...excellent doc and very very deep in detail

I like him. When i posted in this thread saying the last season of Maron just came out on netflix a lot of posters said they don't like him. I think they said he just whines on his podcast but i never listened to it so i think hes okay

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1098 on: June 28, 2017, 03:44:16 PM »
^
Im not huge into his podcast but the episodes I've heard him do weren't that bad, he does like to rant and i usually skip it and go the interviews discussions.   Liked the first couple of seasons of his show, and I didn't like the first couple of episodes of the last season so i didnt finish.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1099 on: June 29, 2017, 11:42:32 PM »
Flaked is fucking infuriating...

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1100 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:08 AM »
I want to check out Okja. The Host was the shit.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1101 on: June 30, 2017, 01:26:47 PM »
Anybody ever check out Riverdale? I'm a fan of The CW shows, like the flash, the 100, and Arrow. Sure they can get pretty corny sometimes but overall they have a pretty good story to them. Riverdale the same as them? Only thing that's kind of stopping me from watching it is it seems kind of like a high school drama show. Which reminds me of all those corny fucking shows my sister made me watch growing up, shit like One Tree Hill as an example

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1102 on: June 30, 2017, 07:16:03 PM »
the fucking archie show? oh boy
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #1103 on: June 30, 2017, 07:20:42 PM »
Planning on watching this later tonight, I've been seing mostly positive reviews

jamersonbass

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1104 on: July 02, 2017, 07:20:59 AM »
Planning on watching this later tonight, I've been seing mostly positive reviews

As someone who hates CGI, I found the use of it in this to be really well executed.  Loved how they made the evil, Monsanto-like corporation AND the ALF look bad.

Glow was great too.  I'm hot and cold towards Marc Maron, and they casted him perfectly.  Also, Allison Brie...  So much to love about it.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1105 on: July 02, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
She's too skinny now  and they veer too far away from the original GLOW show which makes me Wikipedia something every five minutes.....

I honestly think they had her topless in the first one to get everyone watching it and it's working super good....

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #1106 on: July 06, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »
New Pee Wee Herman movie coming out March 18..."Pee Wee's Big Holiday". Looks awesome fucking can't wait. His original "Big Adventure" was one of my favorite watch high movies back in the day.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
« Reply #1107 on: July 06, 2017, 09:11:42 AM »
Netflix recently added "Extraordinary: the Stan Romanek Story"

Complete rubbish. I really enjoy hearing anything about UFO/Aliens, but this is just mocking that community of people who may or may not have been actually "abducted". At the beginning it seemed sincere and genuine, until about 20 mins in when he just so happened to film a "peeping tom" alien looking through his window at night. That's when I started laughing out loud. Add alien puppets and light orbs on strings, I may rewatch it for unintentional comedy gold.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #1108 on: July 06, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »
I watched Gypsy in 1 day. A little bit slow but it sucked me in. Pretty interesting psychological thriller type show.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1109 on: July 06, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
New Pee Wee Herman movie coming out March 18..."Pee Wee's Big Holiday". Looks awesome fucking can't wait. His original "Big Adventure" was one of my favorite watch high movies back in the day.

Did this comment get stuck in the Internet and just pop out today?

There are a few fun parts but overall it's weak. I love Big Adventure but I'd probably rank the new one behind Big Top Pee Wee (and I don't like Big Top at all).