Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166493 times)

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1140 on: August 02, 2017, 11:52:24 PM »
The documentary over the author of the Anarchist Cookbook was pretty good...it's called American Anarchist, I think.
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1141 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
Watched the documentary "Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead" about National Lampoon.  Pretty great watch... I always loved looking at some of those old N.L. magazines (similar to Mad but way more adult and way more harsh).  A lot of drugs, sex and amazing comedy.

Interesting when they started doing records/radio and all the Second City guys came in, which were basically a who's who of the funniest people to ever walk the planet: Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill and Brian Murray, Gilda Radner, Harold Ramis, etc..  and how they were all stolen for SNL, and eventually went on to make those great movies.

Great watch!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 08:19:18 PM by bea! »

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • Go buy a Ryan Lay board!
« Reply #1142 on: August 04, 2017, 08:43:33 PM »
Narcos season 3 is coming, anybody else watch it?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #1143 on: August 04, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
I will when it airs.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #1144 on: August 05, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
We should change this thread title to "streaming networks" rather than just netflix. That said, I'm finally getting around to watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. The end of the second episode hooked me. My wife and I have also been watching Orphan Black and The Americans.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

noileum

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1145 on: August 07, 2017, 03:34:21 AM »
Watched Castlevania this weekend in one sitting and it was as good as everyone said

Also have finally started watching Rick and Morty - not sure whey I've slept on it all this time

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1146 on: August 09, 2017, 03:58:50 PM »
What are other peoples thoughts on the new season of wet hot american summer 10 years later? I'm only 5 episodes in and I just think it's "meh". Only parts I laughed at were when Paul Rudd gets into verbal arguments with the kid camper. I mean it's not horrible but really not that funny either

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1147 on: August 11, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
This who drew the dicks show looks choice......

Joe Pesci

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -87
« Reply #1148 on: August 11, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »
Started watching a new Netflix show, Atypical. I think it's pretty hilarious in a more aggressive Napoleon Dynamite kind of way, I feel like I binge watched it to the 6th episode but then again the episodes are 30 minutes and not 50 minutes to an hour. But fuck it

jomeara1

« Reply #1149 on: August 12, 2017, 07:12:13 AM »
Don't know if anyone mentioned it already, but I watched St. Vincent last night and I thought it was pretty good.  Really liked Bill Murray's acting in it.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1150 on: August 12, 2017, 09:09:31 AM »
Norm MacDonald's stand-up...only heard of the guy becausee Todd Francis mentioned him and Louis C.K. as influences in an interview. It was a bit slow but pretty good. The guy also does the voice-over for the pigeon in Mike Tyson Mysteries.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #1151 on: August 12, 2017, 10:44:51 PM »

His podcast is wonderful....

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #1152 on: August 14, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »
Norm MacDonald's stand-up...only heard of the guy becausee Todd Francis mentioned him and Louis C.K. as influences in an interview. It was a bit slow but pretty good. The guy also does the voice-over for the pigeon in Mike Tyson Mysteries.
norm is a legend, he also used to do 'weekend update' on snl in the better years. you should watch a movie he stars in called 'screwed' with dave chappelle, it used to crack me up when i was a kid.

as for stand-ups.. i don't know if it's been brought up in here yet but the newest joe rogan special on netflix is amazing.

He always has a smile on his face so he's gotta be making 6 figures

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
The Defenders is really fucking good, it's a slow build up though but I just got done episode 3 and now debating if I should stay up all night and finish the season after that episode

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2017, 05:50:23 PM »
The Void sucks in an awesome way.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1155 on: August 20, 2017, 08:19:43 PM »
norm is a legend, he also used to do 'weekend update' on snl in the better years. you should watch a movie he stars in called 'screwed' with dave chappelle, it used to crack me up when i was a kid.

as for stand-ups.. i don't know if it's been brought up in here yet but the newest joe rogan special on netflix is amazing.

Norm Macdonald is one of the greatest comedic minds of our time.  His stand up specials are great, but do yourself a favor and go on youtube and watch his appearances on Letterman/Conan, etc..  For some reason that setting is when he really shines through.

Oh, watch Dirty Work.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #1156 on: August 22, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
What are other peoples thoughts on the new season of wet hot american summer 10 years later? I'm only 5 episodes in and I just think it's "meh". Only parts I laughed at were when Paul Rudd gets into verbal arguments with the kid camper. I mean it's not horrible but really not that funny either

I couldn't get through 2 episodes.

It's kinda been slim pickings on Netflix lately unless there are some gems im missing ?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
« Reply #1157 on: August 27, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
Finished Ozark and was really surprised how good it was

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1158 on: August 27, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
binge watched Breaking Bad...couldn't get into it a couple years ago but now it's hard for me to get off the couch.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1159 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:59 PM »
Love Kathy Bates but god damn her new show "disjointed" is just fucking horrible. Try to get through an episode of that and tell me you don't want to blow your brains out after
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:31:38 PM by tobey »

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1160 on: September 01, 2017, 06:25:12 PM »
I just watched the new Netflix original Death Note and thought it was super entertaining. I was reading up on it before I watched it and was prepped for nothing amazing. It got pretty bad reviews, and it was adapted from an anime series, which I know nothing about, but everyone was tearing apart the director for ruining it. He's done some other movies I really liked, so I gave it a shot and enjoyed it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1161 on: September 01, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »
Gangs of New York

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1162 on: September 01, 2017, 07:23:12 PM »
Gangs of New York

To add to this, September was a great month for additions to the streaming selections. Check them all here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/netflix-september-2017-new-releases-movies-tv-1031955/item/netflix-sept-1-1031959
Irvine-Sucks.com

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1163 on: September 01, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »
Gangs of New York

To add to this, September was a great month for additions to the streaming selections. Check them all here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/netflix-september-2017-new-releases-movies-tv-1031955/item/netflix-sept-1-1031959
Thanks for the link it'll be easier to keep up with what I'm trying to watch, I'm stoked they put back Pulp Fiction and City of God.

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1164 on: September 01, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »
About to start the New season of Narcos, has anyone started watching it yet?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #1165 on: September 01, 2017, 08:54:35 PM »
Love Kathy Bates but god damn her new show "disjointed" is just fucking horrible. Try to get through an episode of that and tell me you don't want to blow your brains out after
Yeah it's awful, i actually tried watching the second episode a few days after seeing the first and i didn't last 2 minutes.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #1166 on: September 02, 2017, 06:21:28 AM »

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I can't get myself to keep watching season 3 with Boyd Holbrook being gone  >:(

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1167 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26:25 AM »

I really liked the first 2 seasons but I can't get myself to keep watching season 3 with Boyd Holbrook being gone  >:(

Started it tonight, it's alright. Pena is still a good character, but so far that's all this one has going for it.
you never know about pre-cum 

Monkey_Mcpott

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1168 on: September 03, 2017, 05:26:36 AM »

Started it tonight, it's alright. Pena is still a good character, but so far that's all this one has going for it.

Just finished it and it was great. Pena is better as a narrator/lead then murphy IMO. This seasons story was more captivating than the last and it had less to do with bloodshed on every episode. They really make you feel for the villains at times over the protagonist, you really want Jorge to get out of the cartel without getting caught. Also i wanted to see more of Pacho, he stole the show on most of his scenes.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 97
« Reply #1169 on: September 03, 2017, 07:44:33 AM »

Norm Macdonald is one of the greatest comedic minds of our time.  His stand up specials are great, but do yourself a favor and go on youtube and watch his appearances on Letterman/Conan, etc..  For some reason that setting is when he really shines through.

Oh, watch Dirty Work.

His "roast" of Bob Saget is one of the funniest things in the history of funny things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/6bd322/norm_macdonalds_roast_of_bob_saget/
staining niggas homework wit his buttjuice