Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 166956 times)

twinskates

• Rep: -23
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1260 on: November 17, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
Freak and Geeks

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #1261 on: November 27, 2017, 10:20:04 PM »
Anyone watch Godless yet? I've been hearing good things.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #1262 on: November 28, 2017, 03:57:46 AM »
Patton Oswalt newest standup is awesome, roasts the fuck out of Trump among other things.

calvinsdream

• Rep: 14
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1263 on: November 29, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
Manhunt: Unabomber is really good. Wasn't expecting that.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1264 on: November 29, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
Manhunt: Unabomber is really good. Wasn't expecting that.
Yeah same here really enjoyed it, also Mind Hunt fucking ruled can't wait for season 2

Kumiko

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1265 on: November 29, 2017, 05:37:58 PM »
Ice Guardians is a pretty cool documentary about the enforcer role and fights in pro hockey. A lot of insight to it all and has a lot of high quality archive footage of older fights.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
    • Whitebread Skateboarding
« Reply #1266 on: November 29, 2017, 08:55:39 PM »
Gerald’s Game, a Netflix original based off of a Steven King book. Really good in my opinion... two very... uh... the recommendation I read referred to them as “squirmy” scenes, and I’ll go ahead and agree.

Sanka Coffie

• Rep: 57
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1267 on: November 30, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »
Tom Segura's new stand up, Mostly Stories, is pretty great.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1268 on: December 09, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »
The Mike Tyson documentary

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1269 on: December 10, 2017, 06:18:14 AM »
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was way more enjoyable than I expected and is on Netflix now...

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #1270 on: December 10, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »
Godless was pretty good. Slow build up but the last episode was wild. Only 7 episodes though, I'll watch a season 2 if they make it

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #1271 on: December 10, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1272 on: December 13, 2017, 04:13:17 AM »
Anybody ever watch the netflix show called Glitch?

It was always on my list to watch but there was only one season and it came out in 2015, so I thought it was canceled. Why I haven't gave it a shot till now because they just came out with a season 2. First episode wasn't the best but still kind of decent for me to watch another but after that you get kind of hooked in. Definitely recommend it if you currently have nothing else to watch

chillclinton87

• Rep: -128
« Reply #1273 on: December 17, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
just really new to netflix but due to some time off the board and being sick recently i watched mindhunter, manhunt: unabomber and started with castlevania today!

really liked all of them so far!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1274 on: December 17, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
I got into white gold and I'm reluctant to finish it because looks like the lead actor got accused of sexual assault so I doubt theres gonna be a Season 2, 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: December 17, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
I got into white gold and I'm reluctant to finish it because looks like the lead actor got accused of sexual assault so I doubt theres gonna be a Season 2, 

I follow James Buckley on youtube and he said in one of his videos that they were filming season 2. That was like a month ago but I haven't seen him say that the show got canceled. I saw the headlines for that too but it seemed like it was swept under the rug pretty damn quick. I haven't seen any updates about him or the woman who accused him. James Buckley is tight and ill watch anything hes in 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1276 on: December 18, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
Did anybody watch the new Will Smith movie?

It looks like a really dumb version of Bad Boys and Men in Black mixed together 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1277 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:38 PM »

I follow James Buckley on youtube and he said in one of his videos that they were filming season 2. That was like a month ago but I haven't seen him say that the show got canceled. I saw the headlines for that too but it seemed like it was swept under the rug pretty damn quick. I haven't seen any updates about him or the woman who accused him. James Buckley is tight and ill watch anything hes in
Yeah only reason I decided to watch WG is because he was hilarious in The Inbetweeners, I'll probably end up finishing it regardless if there's another season or not

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1278 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
Did anybody watch the new Will Smith movie?

It looks like a really dumb version of Bad Boys and Men in Black mixed together

Ha it looks seriously bad. And it cost Netflix 90 million.

I only saw the trailer for it, but it reminded me of this episode of Rick & Morty, trying to take itself serious:
Nancy Drew

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: December 18, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »

Yeah only reason I decided to watch WG is because he was hilarious in The Inbetweeners, I'll probably end up finishing it regardless if there's another season or not

His youtube videos are hilarious. He basically just plays Call of Duty and camps in a corner and gets extremely mad himself when he doesn't do good, even though he always like number one on the team. His youtube channel is "completed it mate"

Also can't believe Netflix spent 90 million on that movie, what the fuck were they thinking?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1280 on: December 23, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
Christmas stuff to watch on Netflix:

GREMLINS

Trading Places (Bonus points cause it's based/filmed in Philly.)

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Mystery Science Theater 3000- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

MST 3K The Return- The Christmas that Almost Wasn't (This movie is hilarious. Santa winds up broke, because of a bad real estate deal, and the children need to bail him out.)

Black Mirror- White Christmas (The Christmas special with Jon Hamm)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The live action Jim Carrey one. Probably only watch this if you're drunk/high, and have some nostalgia attached to the film cause you saw it when you were young. I watched it last night, and it's seriously bad, but a kinda fun watch if you have friends over.)

The Twilight Zone- Night of the Meek (Season 2), The Changing of the Guard (Season 3)
Nancy Drew

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: December 23, 2017, 03:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the list CH,^

Just finished The Punisher tv show and it was super sick, wasn't really into the Marvel stuff on Netflix but after watching that I'm gonna for sure check  out the other stuff they've made. Any idea what order I should watch the shows in?

shark tits

« Reply #1282 on: December 23, 2017, 04:31:50 PM »
ash vs evil dead

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1283 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the list CH,^

Just finished The Punisher tv show and it was super sick, wasn't really into the Marvel stuff on Netflix but after watching that I'm gonna for sure check  out the other stuff they've made. Any idea what order I should watch the shows in?

Daredevil first which introduces the Punisher in the second season. Then Jessica Jones and after that Luke Cage. You could probably skip Iron Fist and just watch the Defenders after Luke Cage. Iron Fist was the weakest of the shows, seemed rushed. I still enjoyed it but definitely my least favorite out of everyone

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1284 on: December 23, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
Thanks for the list CH,^

Daredevil first which introduces the Punisher in the second season. Then Jessica Jones and after that Luke Cage. You could probably skip Iron Fist and just watch the Defenders after Luke Cage. Iron Fist was the weakest of the shows, seemed rushed. I still enjoyed it but definitely my least favorite out of everyone
Sweet thanks Tobey

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #1285 on: December 24, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
New season of Peaky Blinders is up. Hopefully I'll get time to watch it over break.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jake18

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1286 on: December 24, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »
Joan Didion documentary was good.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1287 on: December 24, 2017, 09:08:55 PM »
Christmas stuff to watch on Netflix:

GREMLINS

Trading Places (Bonus points cause it's based/filmed in Philly.)

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Mystery Science Theater 3000- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

MST 3K The Return- The Christmas that Almost Wasn't (This movie is hilarious. Santa winds up broke, because of a bad real estate deal, and the children need to bail him out.)

Black Mirror- White Christmas (The Christmas special with Jon Hamm)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The live action Jim Carrey one. Probably only watch this if you're drunk/high, and have some nostalgia attached to the film cause you saw it when you were young. I watched it last night, and it's seriously bad, but a kinda fun watch if you have friends over.)

The Twilight Zone- Night of the Meek (Season 2), The Changing of the Guard (Season 3)

That episode of Black Mirror is my go to when I'm introducing the series to folks. As long as they have any modicum of patience and taste it never fails to turn them onto the show.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1288 on: December 25, 2017, 04:46:07 PM »
Just got into this show called "People Just Do nothing" it's a British mockumentary about these dudes who run a pirate radio station and are trying to be rappers. It's similar to the office in terms of humor and awkward character interactions.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #1289 on: December 28, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
Yo I could not get through the first 20 min of Motivation 3...shit showed up on my List last night...shit was whack