Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 383030 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1260 on: December 17, 2017, 04:21:37 PM »
just really new to netflix but due to some time off the board and being sick recently i watched mindhunter, manhunt: unabomber and started with castlevania today!

really liked all of them so far!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1261 on: December 17, 2017, 04:29:48 PM »
I got into white gold and I'm reluctant to finish it because looks like the lead actor got accused of sexual assault so I doubt theres gonna be a Season 2, 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1262 on: December 17, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
I got into white gold and I'm reluctant to finish it because looks like the lead actor got accused of sexual assault so I doubt theres gonna be a Season 2, 

I follow James Buckley on youtube and he said in one of his videos that they were filming season 2. That was like a month ago but I haven't seen him say that the show got canceled. I saw the headlines for that too but it seemed like it was swept under the rug pretty damn quick. I haven't seen any updates about him or the woman who accused him. James Buckley is tight and ill watch anything hes in 

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1263 on: December 18, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
Did anybody watch the new Will Smith movie?

It looks like a really dumb version of Bad Boys and Men in Black mixed together 

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1264 on: December 18, 2017, 04:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I follow James Buckley on youtube and he said in one of his videos that they were filming season 2. That was like a month ago but I haven't seen him say that the show got canceled. I saw the headlines for that too but it seemed like it was swept under the rug pretty damn quick. I haven't seen any updates about him or the woman who accused him. James Buckley is tight and ill watch anything hes in
Yeah only reason I decided to watch WG is because he was hilarious in The Inbetweeners, I'll probably end up finishing it regardless if there's another season or not

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #1265 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »
Did anybody watch the new Will Smith movie?

It looks like a really dumb version of Bad Boys and Men in Black mixed together

Ha it looks seriously bad. And it cost Netflix 90 million.

I only saw the trailer for it, but it reminded me of this episode of Rick & Morty, trying to take itself serious:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJYyK4EM-es

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1266 on: December 18, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah only reason I decided to watch WG is because he was hilarious in The Inbetweeners, I'll probably end up finishing it regardless if there's another season or not

His youtube videos are hilarious. He basically just plays Call of Duty and camps in a corner and gets extremely mad himself when he doesn't do good, even though he always like number one on the team. His youtube channel is "completed it mate"

Also can't believe Netflix spent 90 million on that movie, what the fuck were they thinking?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1267 on: December 23, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
Christmas stuff to watch on Netflix:

GREMLINS

Trading Places (Bonus points cause it's based/filmed in Philly.)

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Mystery Science Theater 3000- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

MST 3K The Return- The Christmas that Almost Wasn't (This movie is hilarious. Santa winds up broke, because of a bad real estate deal, and the children need to bail him out.)

Black Mirror- White Christmas (The Christmas special with Jon Hamm)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The live action Jim Carrey one. Probably only watch this if you're drunk/high, and have some nostalgia attached to the film cause you saw it when you were young. I watched it last night, and it's seriously bad, but a kinda fun watch if you have friends over.)

The Twilight Zone- Night of the Meek (Season 2), The Changing of the Guard (Season 3)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1268 on: December 23, 2017, 03:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the list CH,^

Just finished The Punisher tv show and it was super sick, wasn't really into the Marvel stuff on Netflix but after watching that I'm gonna for sure check  out the other stuff they've made. Any idea what order I should watch the shows in?

shark tits

« Reply #1269 on: December 23, 2017, 04:31:50 PM »
ash vs evil dead

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1270 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the list CH,^

Just finished The Punisher tv show and it was super sick, wasn't really into the Marvel stuff on Netflix but after watching that I'm gonna for sure check  out the other stuff they've made. Any idea what order I should watch the shows in?

Daredevil first which introduces the Punisher in the second season. Then Jessica Jones and after that Luke Cage. You could probably skip Iron Fist and just watch the Defenders after Luke Cage. Iron Fist was the weakest of the shows, seemed rushed. I still enjoyed it but definitely my least favorite out of everyone

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1271 on: December 23, 2017, 05:47:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks for the list CH,^

[close]

Daredevil first which introduces the Punisher in the second season. Then Jessica Jones and after that Luke Cage. You could probably skip Iron Fist and just watch the Defenders after Luke Cage. Iron Fist was the weakest of the shows, seemed rushed. I still enjoyed it but definitely my least favorite out of everyone
Sweet thanks Tobey

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1272 on: December 24, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
New season of Peaky Blinders is up. Hopefully I'll get time to watch it over break.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #1273 on: December 24, 2017, 06:33:31 PM »
Joan Didion documentary was good.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 58
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #1274 on: December 24, 2017, 09:08:55 PM »
Christmas stuff to watch on Netflix:

GREMLINS

Trading Places (Bonus points cause it's based/filmed in Philly.)

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Mystery Science Theater 3000- Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

MST 3K The Return- The Christmas that Almost Wasn't (This movie is hilarious. Santa winds up broke, because of a bad real estate deal, and the children need to bail him out.)

Black Mirror- White Christmas (The Christmas special with Jon Hamm)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (The live action Jim Carrey one. Probably only watch this if you're drunk/high, and have some nostalgia attached to the film cause you saw it when you were young. I watched it last night, and it's seriously bad, but a kinda fun watch if you have friends over.)

The Twilight Zone- Night of the Meek (Season 2), The Changing of the Guard (Season 3)

That episode of Black Mirror is my go to when I'm introducing the series to folks. As long as they have any modicum of patience and taste it never fails to turn them onto the show.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1275 on: December 25, 2017, 04:46:07 PM »
Just got into this show called "People Just Do nothing" it's a British mockumentary about these dudes who run a pirate radio station and are trying to be rappers. It's similar to the office in terms of humor and awkward character interactions.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1276 on: December 28, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
Yo I could not get through the first 20 min of Motivation 3...shit showed up on my List last night...shit was whack

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1277 on: December 28, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
ash vs evil dead

Better than I expected for sure. Definitely worth a watch if you're into Evil Dead.

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #1278 on: December 28, 2017, 02:14:43 PM »
Godless...not bad!

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1279 on: December 29, 2017, 02:47:07 PM »
New episodes of Black Mirror are up!
I've only watched the first one, but it's good.

Vulture puts out this list every month, that's helpful for keeping track of what's on Netflix:
http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/whats-new-on-netflix-january-2018.html

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1280 on: December 29, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
Expand Quote
ash vs evil dead
[close]

Better than I expected for sure. Definitely worth a watch if you're into Evil Dead.

Just checked it out ...hilarious shit!! Thanks for that

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1281 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:01 AM »
A little over halfway through the new Black Mirror season (it's a short British season), and I think it's my favorite Netflix show of the year.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1282 on: December 31, 2017, 01:07:38 AM »
New Chappelle stand up special is live

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #1283 on: December 31, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
just caught this on Amazon.  2 thumbs up from me. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxjyRr9k2E
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #1284 on: January 01, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »
I really liked it too. Aside from the obvious plot hole of a random citizen become a shot caller in just a short couple of years, with zero history as a criminal.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1285 on: January 01, 2018, 06:50:22 PM »
A little over halfway through the new Black Mirror season (it's a short British season), and I think it's my favorite Netflix show of the year.

That third episode was complete fucking bullshit. It was bland, uninspiring, pure sci fi with nothing to take from it. The characters are shallow and it's all shock value. The second wasn't too good either, but it does feel like a proper episode, and I really appreciate the shorter length. USS Callister was really neat, though.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #1286 on: January 01, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
I'm a few episodes in on Mad Dogs on Amazon and its entertaining.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1287 on: January 02, 2018, 07:04:46 AM »
Manhunt Unabomber was finally on Canadian Netflix so I binged that, pretty great, hopefully they do another season on someone else.

Watched the first Black Mirror pig fucking episode and thought I'd get hooked, but every other ep I tried to watch was really boring.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #1288 on: January 02, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
They added a new season of last nan standing

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1289 on: January 02, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »
Manhunt Unabomber was finally on Canadian Netflix so I binged that, pretty great, hopefully they do another season on someone else.

Watched the first Black Mirror pig fucking episode and thought I'd get hooked, but every other ep I tried to watch was really boring.

Unabomb was cool, saw Kevin Spacey was Executive Producer of it also, so not sure we see a sequel