Author Topic: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix  (Read 167127 times)

SOTY

Re: Movies/TV shows that don't suck on Netflix
« Reply #1410 on: May 06, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
Monty Python's Life of Brian, Meaning of Life

calvinsdream

• Rep: 13
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #1411 on: May 10, 2018, 11:27:16 AM »
The Rain is pretty good if you liked the 20% of the walking dead that was watchable.

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1412 on: May 11, 2018, 03:04:53 AM »
evil genius is pretty good
it's about the pizza bomber heist
only 4 episodes tho so you'll probably watch it in
one sitting just like I did

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #1413 on: May 12, 2018, 12:46:42 AM »
kinda into the Santa Clarita diet, its not the best show ever but its super easy to watch

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1414 on: May 12, 2018, 08:31:11 AM »
Not on Netflix, but The Terror on AMC is my favorite show going right now.  Amazing acting and setting, really cool blending of a true story with fiction.  Somebody said it's "the Thing meets Master and Commander" and I'd say that's pretty spot on. 

I heard that show Babylon Berlin is really good.  Anybody check it out yet?

Watching the Handmaids Tale on Hulu with the lady... I really enjoyed the first season, but now the second season it's starting to bore me.  I mean how long can they drag this out for?  Eventually something has to change in the storyline.

Been watching The Wiggles with my kid (fuck you, he's only 1).  Is Emma cute?  I don't know.  Songs will drill itself into your brain that you hate it so much you start to like it. 

ER on Hulu... mindless stuff to watch when half asleep or staring at my phone.  Maura Tierney is a babe.

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #1415 on: May 14, 2018, 02:13:06 PM »
Watching the Handmaids Tale on Hulu with the lady... I really enjoyed the first season, but now the second season it's starting to bore me.  I mean how long can they drag this out for?  Eventually something has to change in the storyline.

Ditto. It seemed like a totally different show to us. Very thin on plot. It's so obvious that they ran out of source material.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

feedmeseymour

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • Babba Booey
« Reply #1416 on: May 23, 2018, 07:48:28 AM »
we're in luck, netflix now has cube and cube 2: hyper cube.

EDIT: also if you havent seen the documentary series wild wild country on some crazy cult shit that happened in oregon i suggest you get on that.
You got questions? Ask me like a fucking man. You know my Insta.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
« Reply #1417 on: May 23, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
Not on Netflix, but The Terror on AMC is my favorite show going right now.  Amazing acting and setting, really cool blending of a true story with fiction.  Somebody said it's "the Thing meets Master and Commander" and I'd say that's pretty spot on. 

Been watching The Wiggles with my kid (fuck you, he's only 1).  Is Emma cute?  I don't know.  Songs will drill itself into your brain that you hate it so much you start to like it. 

ER on Hulu... mindless stuff to watch when half asleep or staring at my phone.  Maura Tierney is a babe.

Is it actually lovecraftian or just alludes to it a lot? A coworker has been watching it and I get the vibe that it SEEMS like at the mountains of madness but is just a frozen boat

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #1418 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »

Is it actually lovecraftian or just alludes to it a lot? A coworker has been watching it and I get the vibe that it SEEMS like at the mountains of madness but is just a frozen boat

Well I've never read At The Mountains of Madness so I'm not 100% sure, but based on the wikipedia it does sounds like it was an influence on the book, The Terror. 

The book is based on a true story of an expedition to go through the northwest passage... apparently the boats (and crews) disappeared and it's been a mystery ever since.  The book came out and tells the true story and throws in a fiction element which sounds like Lovecraft. 

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #1419 on: May 23, 2018, 05:18:24 PM »
If you liked Gomorrah, check out Romanzo Criminale on Amazon.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1420 on: May 25, 2018, 07:35:08 AM »

Well I've never read At The Mountains of Madness so I'm not 100% sure, but based on the wikipedia it does sounds like it was an influence on the book, The Terror. 

The book is based on a true story of an expedition to go through the northwest passage... apparently the boats (and crews) disappeared and it's been a mystery ever since.  The book came out and tells the true story and throws in a fiction element which sounds like Lovecraft.

Ah okay I didn't know it was based on a book/true story I only knew what my coworker told me about it.

Also "Evil Genius" should've been called "Stupid Retard"

Jumping Beans

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #1421 on: May 26, 2018, 03:35:49 PM »
Ozark is pretty good.  Season 1 finale was kinda meh though.  Def has some Breaking Bad vibes, just not as extreme or humorous.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1422 on: June 03, 2018, 02:36:10 PM »
Ali Wong's "Baby Cobra" special on netflix was one of the best standups I've seen in a really long time. I had never heard of her before and I was laughing my ass off. She has another one that's newer that I haven't finished yet, but so far the first one is a lot better.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #1423 on: June 03, 2018, 03:02:03 PM »
Ali Wong's "Baby Cobra" special on netflix was one of the best standups I've seen in a really long time. I had never heard of her before and I was laughing my ass off. She has another one that's newer that I haven't finished yet, but so far the first one is a lot better.
That bit she has about fucking skaters is gold.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1424 on: June 06, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
The Netflix western miniseries Godless was good.

I enjoyed it quite a bit although it plays more like an 8 hr movie than a series: that is, the plot could probably be summarized in 3 sentences but you spend time with a lot of characters and it takes its time with a few side plots.

I suppose that's what a miniseries is although it just feels a bit less dense than a lot of what's out there now.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 97
« Reply #1425 on: June 08, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
Thor Ragnarok was just added. Definitely one of my favorite MCU movies.
staining niggas homework wit his buttjuice

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1426 on: June 19, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »
Just watched Cargo, and thought it was solid. It's zombie flick with barely any interactions with zombies, which makes it slow at times, but I thought it was a good story.

Irvine-Sucks.com

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #1427 on: June 23, 2018, 04:35:35 PM »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #1428 on: June 24, 2018, 12:07:38 PM »

Just watched this the other night and enjoyed it as well. Made me really want to visit there.
Irvine-Sucks.com

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #1429 on: June 24, 2018, 04:55:16 PM »
Thatís what i was thinking throughout the film. Contrary to Farrellís dialogue it looks like a nice place.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1430 on: June 25, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
I generally liked the Netflix series Altered Carbon.

The tempo of the story changes from episode to episode and some are just most engrossing than others. The production values seesaw as well with some parts looking like a million dollars and others looking like an episode of Stargate SG1.

The violence was a bit much although it went in hand with the level of dystopia they were trying to convey.

The wrap up was a little corny.

woodsman

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1431 on: June 27, 2018, 08:00:51 AM »
New season of Glow starts Friday I think.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #1432 on: June 28, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »
I had surgery yesterday, so I'm laid up for at least a week, going to catch up on everything.  I just watched that Will Smith fantasy cop movie Bright. I liked it.  Just started Okja, I want a super pig.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #1433 on: June 28, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »
New season of Glow starts Friday I think.
Alison Brie in spandex what more could you ask for  :D

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #1434 on: June 28, 2018, 07:42:39 PM »
I just watched Midnight Run and it was great.
You're hollerin' Don Fisher

I'm screamin' Buddy Carr

Thrillho

• Rep: 107
« Reply #1435 on: July 26, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
The Motivation 3 is on Netflix, but it definitely does suck.

Building up Tampa Am like I care for 45 minutes just to see one dude not even go and the other dude that literally cried real tears on camera because someone stole his jacket bail every trick in the last 10. Also, I'm pretty sure they just used Google Translate on everybody.

shark tits

« Reply #1436 on: July 28, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »
OITNB and shameless have new seasons on netflix.

AsianVegan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #1437 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:35 AM »
The Defiant Ones was great.

rapscallion

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1438 on: July 29, 2018, 06:22:26 AM »
The Motivation 3 is on Netflix, but it definitely does suck.

Building up Tampa Am like I care for 45 minutes just to see one dude not even go and the other dude that literally cried real tears on camera because someone stole his jacket bail every trick in the last 10. Also, I'm pretty sure they just used Google Translate on everybody.
This sounded so funny that I watched the whole thing, just to find out that his only jacket was stolen unrelated to the contest before he had anything and he had to go a whole winter without one. A bit sadder than expected.

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1439 on: July 29, 2018, 09:06:16 AM »
It's on Hulu not Netflix but Castle Rock is good