Author Topic: Info about collectible/signed boards?  (Read 694 times)

Schismatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
Info about collectible/signed boards?
« on: November 28, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
I won a signed board in a raffle last night at the Austin TX premier of the Shake Junt video. Since I'm not a collector, and someone writing their name on a board isn't a huge deal to me, I'm thinking about either skating it, selling it to someone who would enjoy owning it, or hanging it over my fireplace because it is a really sick graphic. I would feel kind of bad thrashing something that someone else out there might really appreciate. But it's a sick shape and BBS wood so I know it'll be rad to skate. Might be a little too tempting to have laying around the house...

It's not an old Vision with a Gator autograph or anything, but since I know nothing about this sort of thing, and the value is very subjective, if there's anyone who could share some knowledge I'd appreciate it. Otherwise it'll go on eBay with a high reserve just to see if anyone bites on it. If this board is worth selling then I'm mainly doing it to raise money for my shop team, so any profit is selfless and skate related. I wouldn't sell it to buy a bag of weed or something, it's definitely for a cause.

I do want to say thanks to Troy and Apparition Skate Shop for the premier, and for pulling my number out of the bag. I think this was the 1st raffle I've ever won.

Board specs:

Deathwish "Creeps" team model, 8.25"

Sigs: Eric Ellington, Lizard King, Furby, Slash.

Condition is near perfect, maybe a couple small paint scuffs from carrying an unwrapped board around, but it looks great.