Author Topic: Savannah Georgia/South Carolina?  (Read 2009 times)

mcpeepants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
Savannah Georgia/South Carolina?
« on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
Probably moving to South Carolina in a few weeks, more specifically near Beaufort. Anyone from around there or know of fun spots? I'm down to skate, hang out, drink, whatever.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:37:51 PM by mcpeepants »
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

James Tate

• Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: South Carolina?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
I visited that area during the summer a lot when I was in high school. Beaufort has a covered skate park, it might have lights by now as well. I don't remember it too well but think it was kind of shitty. Hilton Head isn't far from there and has a park. Also in Hilton Head there is a post office that had some good stuff to skate, don't remember which side of the island it was on though, and one of the schools on the island had a decent gap. That area is pretty close to Savannah though and that was always a fun town to skate, lots of parking garages to skate and some had ledges or banks inside them. It's been at least 6 years since I've visited that area though so things could have gotten better with skate parks or they could have closed some of them down by now.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
Re: South Carolina?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the info. I figured I'd probably have to do some driving to find spots, but I'm used to that. My dad told me the other day Tony Hawk was down there doing a "street demo" so I figure there must be a decent skate scene if the bird man takes the time to stop by.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
Re: Savannah Georgia/South Carolina?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »
i would love to see tony hawk doing a street demo - or maybe i wouldnt haha.

ive been to the park on hilton head - kinda cool..  savannah is gonna be your best bet and thats a short drive from where youll be. good luck man. mind if i ask what brings you to that area?

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »
Haha, well I found out it was a Birdhouse demo at the Bluffton skatepark. I'm used to driving about 40 minutes to get to any parks where I currently live, so it's no big deal. My dad grew up in SC and always wanted to move back, so he landed a job and moved back down there. I'm just tired of living in Pittsburgh with the snow/cold weather so I'm moving in with him until I find a little apartment of my own.

manbergur

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »
ahh cool..  i grew up in pittsburgh - loved the place except for the winters.. but al least theres snow haha. dont know how old you are but as far as the southeast - atlanta is sick - ive been here for 15 years - rad as fuck skate scene. charleston is also really fuckin rad - not far from where yer gonna be. i go down there every summer and theres some rd shit to skate and just a fun scene in general

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 06:41:44 PM »
No shit! Haha, that's cool. Yeah it's not too bad. I just need a change of scenery. I'm 23 and been in Pittsburgh my whole life so I'm ready to move on. Sounds like I lucked out with the skate scene down there. Now I'm even more excited to get outta here  ;D

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 05:43:35 AM »
random bump...

Anyone been to Plainview in Savannah? Good or bad? Haven't had any run-ins with locals yet to ask where a good shop is and I'm in desperate need of a new deck.

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »
Birdman came to Columbia,SC and my homie showed him and Birdhouse around after a little demo and Birdman boardslid a 9 rail quicker than a couple of guys on the team. WORD.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »
random bump...

Anyone been to Plainview in Savannah? Good or bad? Haven't had any run-ins with locals yet to ask where a good shop is and I'm in desperate need of a new deck.

i was working in savannah about a month ago and stopped by there and grabbed a board and wheels...the owner was super nice and the shop had a good selection of hardgoods...as for shoes it only seemed like they had sole tech and vox, but that could be due to the fact they are super new and haven't had all the shoe accounts set up.  i wish they were in jackson, ms instead of the lame ass shop that is here.
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16:27 PM »
Expand Quote
random bump...

[close]

i was working in savannah about a month ago and stopped by there and grabbed a board and wheels...the owner was super nice and the shop had a good selection of hardgoods...as for shoes it only seemed like they had sole tech and vox, but that could be due to the fact they are super new and haven't had all the shoe accounts set up.  i wish they were in jackson, ms instead of the lame ass shop that is here.

Awesome, good to hear. I gave em a call today and the guy was super nice and seemed to know his shit. Definitely gonna check them out this weekend. Yeah Savannah's about an hour from me, but it's the closest shop in the area.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »
my whole time in savannah was spent just cruising around streets trying my best to find stuff.  i didn't find a whole lot.  this was years ago though. are there real spots there?

stoney66

• Rep: 5
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »
If you're in Beaufort that's not a far drive to Charleston... way more stuff to skate and a great shop downtown -> Continuum

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
If you're in Beaufort that's not a far drive to Charleston... way more stuff to skate and a great shop downtown -> Continuum

yeah I got family near there. Might check it out over thanksgiving.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 613
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
I went to Savannah earlier this year and this site was really helpful as far as finding spots and whatnot http://www.savannahskates.com/

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 04:55:59 AM »
I went to Savannah earlier this year and this site was really helpful as far as finding spots and whatnot http://www.savannahskates.com/

Word. thanks man!