Author Topic: Introducing: Bitter Bushings (Cold Weather Skateboard Bushings)  (Read 13171 times)

Hagwag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Introducing: Bitter Bushings (Cold Weather Skateboard Bushings)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
I'm from the UK and these sound good.  Not that cold over here but I can feel the difference depending what time I go for a sesh. 7? difference in a couple of hours so nothing major but enough to have to twiddle your trucks.

Any plans on a Euro distro?  If these are good (compared to Bones) and certainly at that price then you'd be onto a winner in Europe as long as they don't fall apart after 2 months (like Bones).

Any plans for harder ones - I'm a fat fuck!?

trannies and mannies

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
i got some and put them in my indys (standard 139s) and they have no response. like whwn the truck turns, it stays bent and they dont turn smoothly. when ive had brand new indy bushings this never happened. i guess they just need to break in?

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
i got some and put them in my indys (standard 139s) and they have no response. like whwn the truck turns, it stays bent and they dont turn smoothly. when ive had brand new indy bushings this never happened. i guess they just need to break in?

Is there a break-in period before Bitter Bushings skate like normal?
Yes. Bitter Bushings will be somewhat stiff when first installed on your trucks. However the stiffness will typically only last for the first couple minutes of skateboarding.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »
i never got to read the faq cuz the site doesnt work on my phone, but ive skated them for about an hour and they still turn shitty. i guess they need still need more time

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 08:45:38 AM »
They might just need more time to break-in. Or consider playing around with your set-up a bit. We've had positive responses about the bushing's rebound. At the end of the day, a lot of it comes down to personal preference too.

Check-out this clip shot a few days ago in the Toronto cold -

Skate Loft / Bitter Bushings Contest entry - Nicky Young
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:25:55 AM by Bitter »

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »
That was a pretty sick edit! Inspiring to keep skating in the snow and cold!

TieDyedHipster

• Rep: -8
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
clint, the bushings don't turn smoothly, they rock back and forth. and they're broken in. not sure why.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Sorry to hear that man. The initial response has been generally positive. I've had some complaints about softness/turning, but I'm realizing that largely comes down to personal preference. I wish I could offer more advice, because I really appreciate you trying them out.

Here's a winter skating clip I just got sent. Dude rocks loose trucks, so he's stoked to skate Bitter Bushings in the winter...

Slow Motion Minute ft. Nicky Young

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
Sorry to hear that man. The initial response has been generally positive. I've had some complaints about softness/turning, but I'm realizing that largely comes down to personal preference. I wish I could offer more advice, because I really appreciate you trying them out.

Here's a winter skating clip I just got sent. Dude rocks loose trucks, so he's stoked to skate Bitter Bushings in the winter...

Slow Motion Minute ft. Nicky Young

sick. they are really really soft bushings. you really can't tighten them up. i had them set up for some sub freezing days. they didn't freeze.. like my bones had the day before. but they were to loose for me. and i like loose. but its really closer to jiggly loose, without the jiggle. IMO

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:22 PM »
I would love to try them, Sweden is cold as fuck right now + i like lose trucks.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 07:50:33 PM »
I was thinking about trying out a set, but then i read about how soft they are. I rock my trucks on the tighter side of medium. You think you'll be coming out with a higher duro bushing in the near future?

trannies and mannies

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »
if you made some that were a little bit harder thatd be great. i like loose trucks too, but these just arent really working, they just made my trucks so wobly it was hard to skate.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
Canadian ripper Trevon Casselman skating Bitter Bushings...

Trevon Casselman 2011