Author Topic: Skate jeans  (Read 9451 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
Re: Skate jeans
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »
Just ordered a pair of Volcom Nova twill pants in brown for $30. Anyone had em before?

prettybird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
anyone know how matix runs fit-wise? specifically the welder skinnys

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »
I haven't extensively skated in them, but my Analog Arto Saari jeans and Quiksilver Reese Forbes jeans both are good to skate in. I like a little bit of looses/bagginess to my jeans when I skate.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2011, 03:50:23 AM »
I have some Vans AVE selvedge denims, I bought them a size big because they were on sale but they are also cut wider on the top for better skating comfort and are pretty slim in the legs. The cut makes them comfortable even though they are pretty sturdy, but also makes your butt look all saggy and some people don't like that kind of a thing...
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Wh0l3

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
that's why i've never bought levis, i think they'd just be uncomfortable to skate in. all of them look like they're really tight or too loose, there's no slim. plus they're not even cheap, not here anyway.

Levi's 501's are slim on me. I love them to death, skate clothes are a huge rip off.

505's are a bit stretchier and looser, better for skating in my opinion than 501's.

Also I've been hearing a lot of bad things lately about Dickies. I think since they've started to market themselves as a fashionable brand instead of just workwear their quality has gone down. I bought a pair of Red Kap work pants at my army navy store for $10 (on sale though) and I like them a lot more than Dickies. My Dickie's end up feeling like pajamas after so many washes but the Red Kap's have stayed somewhat rigid like pants should be so they don't fall apart. Carhartt is also really good but pricey for workwear.

suetra

• Rep: 5
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Altamont wilshires are great. Just bought a pair a few days ago and the material is quite strong, but much more comfortable than levis and just a little bit looser than 501's.
We got alot of walls, alot of fucking shit!

BlackDemonShreds

• Rep: -4
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
Hopefully Dickies puts some stretch in their pants for the skate team. Until then, i will always own some skate chinos.

Chocolaterain

• Rep: -7
  • awesome
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2011, 07:01:20 PM »
Volcom and Dickies

Front Crooks

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2011, 02:43:42 AM »
Levi's 513 which is a newer fit, I got the solid black ones that have some stretch to them.  I'm waiting for more colors, but sometimes they're 100% cotton instead of having some elastic or whatever.  Plus, the 513's don't swallow up my shoes at the ankle opening like 514's do.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2011, 12:13:30 PM »
haven't skated in them, but I just got Some Analog Dylan's and some Matix miners and they fit good

water

• Rep: -3
  • southbound pachyderm
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
Altamonts are nice, I've got two of the wilshire fit and they're a little bagger but feel good.

wilshire fit is perfect, a lil stretchy and more straight than slim but the leg tapers

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 05:28:40 AM »
only pair of skate jeans i ever owned were the reynolds krew jeans in that dyed black denim/white understiching and they were honestly one of the best pairs of jeans ive owned, super comfortable while still being tight as fuck, lasted for ages till the inevitable crotch hole came through, they were 50 quid, got a fiver off them and i loved them but im over paying over 20 for a pair of jeans, so this is why i never own a pair of skate make jeans.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.