Author Topic: Mike V: Skateboard Party  (Read 3721 times)

Facehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
Mike V: Skateboard Party
« on: December 19, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Personally not into skate video games, but ... this is some new skateboard video game with Mike V. Enjoy.

LINK:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/12/19/prweb9050590.DTL

STORY:

Ratrod Studio Inc. is proudly announcing their latest video game title "Mike V: Skateboard Party". The game presented in collaboration with skateboard legend Mike Vallely is now available worldwide for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. An upcoming Android, PC and Mac OS version are also set to launch shortly.

Gatineau, Quebec (PRWEB) December 19, 2011

Ratrod Studio Inc. is proudly announcing their latest video game title "Mike V: Skateboard Party". The game presented in collaboration with skateboard legend Mike Vallely is now available worldwide for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. An upcoming Android, PC and Mac OS version are also set to launch shortly.

Mike V: Skateboard Party is the only HD skateboarding game available on the market. Developed by Ratrod Studio Inc., this new universal title is now available on the AppStore for only $1.99.

Play with your friends using the multiplayer mode, complete achievements, gain experience and upgrade your skaters. Customize your outfits, shoes, board, trucks, wheels and bearings. Challenge skaters from all over the world using Game Center leaderboards.

Mike V: Skateboard Party features next generation 3D graphics specially optimized for your mobile hardware to provide you with the best skateboarding experience.

"Since all titles currently available in the same genre were outdated, we felt like it was time for skateboard fans to finally have a game utilizing the full performance of their recent phone or tablet. We aimed to bring something new, easy to play and well adapted for both casual and advanced players." says Ratrod Studio's President Pat Toulouse.

Play the career mode to complete over 25 achievements while unlocking new items and locations. Gain experience to upgrade your favorite skater's attributes to perform better and achieve higher scores. Practice and improve your skateboarding skills without any constraints using the free skate mode.

Challenge your friends to a skateboard duel using the multiplayer mode. Share and brag your results with your friends on Facebook or Twitter using the built-in social media sharing feature.

Select between 8 characters and customize each of them to your preference. From outfits to shoes, choose your favorite gear. A massive collection of outfits, shoes, boards, trucks, wheels and bearings are available including items from iconic brands such as Airwalk, Powell & Peralta, Bones Wheels, Bones Bearings, Tork Trux and Iron Fist Clothing.

Learn over 40 unique tricks and hundreds of combinations. Follow the tutorial to get started and progress as you go. Execute the craziest combos and trick sequences to rack up some impressive high scores, gain experience and make a name for yourself on the global online leaderboards.

Mike V: Skateboard Party includes a new fully customizable control system allowing you to configure your own button layout. Use the right or left handed control mode, select a control preset or create your own. Use the analog stick or accelerometer option to suit your riding style and adjust your truck tightness to change your steering sensitivity.

The game soundtrack features music by Conditions (Good Fight Music) and Revolution Mother. Players also have the option to listen to their own music library.

More details about this exciting game can be found on the official Mike V: Skateboard Party website at http://mikevskateparty.com

With the mobile gaming field constantly expanding, Ratrod Studio just announced that they have already reached over 9 million users for their games across all platforms.

Several projects are in development including a long awaited sequel to their popular Drift Mania Championship title. More information about Ratrod Studio Inc.'s projects and announcements can be found on their company website at http://ratrodstudio.com.

About Mike V: Skateboard Party (Video Game)
Visit the official Mike V: Skateboard Party video game website which includes: news about the game, updates, leaderboard, instructions, support and more.
(Website: http://mikevskateparty.com)

About Mike Vallely
From skateboard legend to rock star and movie actor, Mike Vallely is known as a pioneer and innovator in the skateboarding world. Discovered by Stacy Peralta (Z-Boys) and Lance Mountain in the 80s, Mike became the first East Coast street skater to emerge on the scene and became an overnight sensation.
(Website: http://mikevallely.com)

About Ratrod Studio Inc.
Ratrod Studio Inc. develops video games for mobile devices including iPhone, Android, handheld devices, game consoles and personal computers. They are experienced game industry experts and licensed developers. Ratrod Studio Inc. is headquartered in Gatineau, Quebec.
(Website: http://ratrodstudio.com)

###

For the original version on PRWeb visit: www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/12/prweb9050590.htm

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/12/19/prweb9050590.DTL#ixzz1h14MhaMH

ratrodstudio

• Rep: -2
Re: Mike V: Skateboard Party
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
That was fast!

Here's the trailer: Mike V: Skateboard Party HD Trailer - Video Game Available For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android

:) Hope you guys enjoy! we are long time skateboarders and that was an internal project that took over 13 months to develop.

Cheers

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 11:40:49 PM »
So, Mike V isn't on Powell anymore. I can't imagine Iron Fist, or Tork Trux are gonna last that much longer either. How does that work?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »
in this modern day and age, I think I''d rather play THPS1 and than play that crappy looking game

thugnificent

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
why the f arent any of the tony hawk games available in the ps store? they have 2extreme but no thps, what is this garbage, thats why i bought a ps3 in the first place

bonerjams03

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
I have thps 2 on my iphone.
and how does one nollie backside 540 heel out of 5-0??

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 08:48:38 AM »
Expand Quote
in this modern day and age, I think I''d rather play THPS1 and than play that crappy looking game
[close]

In this modern day age, I would recommend upgrading your "flip phone" for something more recent to compare what else is out there available on the mobile market. There is no THPS1 available on mobile... for that one  you will need to stick to your PSone.

My reply to that is

I have thps 2 on my iphone.

It's not THPS1, in fact it's an improvement, though I really liked THPS1
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:50:27 AM by boyan »

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In this modern day age, I would recommend upgrading your "flip phone" for something more recent to compare what else is out there available on the mobile market. There is no THPS1 available on mobile... for that one  you will need to stick to your PSone.

You are gay.  You completely jacked the THPS game play design (although this shit looks like it plays waaayyy worse) and threw a kook's name on it.  I wouldn't download this shit even it were free.  Maybe you should've spent 13 months designing something original and had someone relevant to the industry to endorse it.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »
Where was the party?
Do you have to unlock a section where you can go to a secret location and do some blow off of a strippers tits?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

BlackEye77

• Rep: -94
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
That was fast!

Here's the trailer: Mike V: Skateboard Party HD Trailer - Video Game Available For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android

:) Hope you guys enjoy! we are long time skateboarders and that was an internal project that took over 13 months to develop.

Cheers

That trailer should've been about 2 minutes shorter, or not have time waged on it at all. I'm not a gamer per se, I've just worked in the game industry for the past 12 years and though I'm not surprised by another crappy skating game, everything from the mechanics to the level design, to the bad animations is all reminiscent of THPS, which has always been an arcade style stunt platformer more than a skateboarding game. And seriously, it's better to use fictional brands than to waste money licensing brands that will only bring ridicule. Seriously, Airwalk? Seeing someone wearing enigmas in a modern setting is just weird.

And sorry not everyone wants to or can afford to upgrade from their shitty phones, pretentious asshole. Where's Grimcity when you need him? Bring some of that energy from the dopamine skate thread and direct it at these douches.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In this modern day age, I would recommend upgrading your "flip phone" for something more recent to compare what else is out there available on the mobile market. There is no THPS1 available on mobile... for that one  you will need to stick to your PSone.
You should have done some market research before making this disaster of a game.

sonofamallard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
this is the trasher game from way back with new maps and colors, mechanics is the same

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 09:06:05 AM »
this is the trasher game from way back with new maps and colors, mechanics is the same
The Thrasher game was awesome though.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers