Author Topic: Favorite regular Conspiracy Theory  (Read 30441 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite regular Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »
Expand Quote
"The medieval times one I heard was that it was like 400 years shorter than people claim and that because shit was so fucked up and ass backwards, nobody knew what year it really was."
That doesn't seem too far fetched.
[close]

I know something about this but can't quite remember... Isn't it something to do with the shift to the gregorian calender from the julian calender? I know loads of shit got fucked up back then. Couldn't find what I was looking for but found this on google

In 153 BC the Romans set the new year as January 1st, but set it at 355 days.

A bit later they reverted back to celebrating the new year in March.

Finally in  46 BC Julius Caesar created the the Julian Calendar and the new year was to fall on January 1st again and last 365 days.

Unfortunately the calendar was out of sync and an extra 90 days were added to 46 BC making it the longest year ever clocking in at 445 days.

obviously that doesnt account for 400 years (which is probably a giant exaggeration, but it just shows how the dates were all messed about)

What happens is their math is right. There's a difference of ten days somehow that affected the calender, and if you take those ten days out (which comes to like 1200 years or something), you get 325 left over. They think this is the amount of time that's been made up. If 325 years hadn't been made up, the shift to the Gregorian calendar would have needed to account for 13 days. But what their problem is is that the shift of the Gregorian calender doesn't account back to 1 AD, it only goes back to the Council of Nicea. Which took place in (approx.) 325 AD.

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2011, 11:56:27 AM »
That AIDS doesn't exist is a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2011, 04:47:22 AM »

tribe of shabazz is pretty good too. apparently white people were made in a lab by a giant evil black scientist 66 trillion years ago.

I've never heard that, but it sounds like a P-Funk concept album. 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »
That AIDS doesn't exist is a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_denialism

My God, people that think that AIDS does not exist? Well then Im gonna start a theory of mine own sayin that AIDS denialists do not exist and will be right. Since I can technically gather every single one of them and let them share needles with and fuck infected sluts and each other for a month.

Post more please, Im a sucker for these!

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
JFK put the hit on himself. Largely known that the guy couldn't handle stress or riding in cars for the entire duration of a parade.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2011, 04:16:48 PM »
HIV and/or crack was invented by the CIA to kill off inner city blacks and homosexuals

"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2011, 08:26:54 AM »
Cancer doesn't kill people, Chemo and Radiation does.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2011, 08:45:31 AM »
HIV and/or crack was invented by the CIA to kill off inner city blacks and homosexuals

Someone hand me a tin foil hat...

There is actually some decent evidence that the CIA was involved in introducing crack into the US. Someone do the research for me, I am going back to sleep. Goodnight.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2011, 09:36:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There is actually some decent evidence that the CIA was involved in introducing crack into the US. Someone do the research for me, I am going back to sleep. Goodnight.

it's a little more complicated but the cia was implicated in bringing the first crack shipment to oakland. basically reagan wanted to wage a secret war in nicaragua against the communist government but congress denied him the funds. he illegally raised the funds by selling weapons to iran, who had an embargo placed on it at the time, and importing cocaine into US ghettos. it's not really a conspiracy theory since the reagan administration admitted to doing it.

you can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contras_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

it's a little more complicated but the cia was implicated in bringing the first crack shipment to oakland. basically reagan wanted to wage a secret war in nicaragua against the communist government but congress denied him the funds. he illegally raised the funds by selling weapons to iran, who had an embargo placed on it at the time, and importing cocaine into US ghettos. it's not really a conspiracy theory since the reagan administration admitted to doing it.

you can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_and_Contras_cocaine_trafficking_in_the_US
Thanks for handling it. The one thing I would ad is that the Reagan administration didn't really admit to it, Ollie North was the fall guy. Another fun fact of the contra war is the Iran angle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran?Contra_affair

And just to make the situation even more tin-foil hat inducing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mena,_Arkansas#Allegations_regarding_cocaine_trafficking

edit: I totally didn't read what you typed because you mentioned the Iran part. My eyes were glazed over in a state of complete exhaustion.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:43:40 AM by happenstance »

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »

S.E.

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2011, 09:52:28 AM »
Cancer doesn't kill people, Chemo and Radiation does.

damn, tell me more about his one

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
Obama passed the NDAA bill when he said he wasnt going to. Now people think were all fucked.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
Obama passed the NDAA bill when he said he wasnt going to. Now people think were all fucked.
he disapproves of it though. so were not fucked as long as hes president

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2012, 12:04:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So for a couple more months then? I hope what one analyst said Obama should do is right. He suggested that Obama was passing the bill knowing there were unconstitutional parts only to allow the military to continue running and then will bring it up to a courts that there are unconstitutional provisions within it.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2012, 01:13:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

So for a couple more months then? I hope what one analyst said Obama should do is right. He suggested that Obama was passing the bill knowing there were unconstitutional parts only to allow the military to continue running and then will bring it up to a courts that there are unconstitutional provisions within it.
A few things to keep in mind - An NDAA is passed every fiscal year, it is the budget of the DoD. The NDAA is literally impossible not to pass, the strength of the military industrial complex and the clout of the military itself makes it so that no one can appose it. There are many reasons why ('funding the troops', military production is spread into substantial amount of congressional districts so to appose it 'takes away jobs', we are fighting wars, campaign contributions from contractors, the military is too big to underfund, etc. etc.). It would have been suicide for Obama going into the election to appose it and there was no easy and quick conference committee type solution to get that minute (yet powerful) piece of the bill removed (due to the political landscape of the congress and the necessity 'to get things done' [i.e. - election 2012]). I think what I bolded was sarcasm but his disapproval was only in that it challenged his executive authority and not because of any sort of concern for rights. They made a small amendment giving him greater purview on the matter and he signed it into law. So yeah, moral of the story is Obama sucks like all the others.

Chalmers Johnson has written a lot of great stuff on the power of the military industrial complex and how it is seriously driving our economy into the ground. I would check out "Dismantling the Empire".

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 09:33:51 AM »
this lady drops mad knowledge  :o

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2012, 12:11:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You got it close, but here is the (confirmable) truth to the situation. It wasn't Oakland but LA. After congress banned funding the Contras The Reagan administration was doing everything they could to fund them without using the congressional purse strings. They apparently became connected to a Contra and cocaine trafficker named Danilo Blandon. The U.S. didn't actually bring the coke in, and it wasn't crack yet, but they intentionally looked the other way when Blandon's shipments would be flown in. Customs was told to look the other way, and nothing was stopped from being unloaded from the planes.
Blandon made a connection with a man named "Freeway" Ricky Ross. The nickname was given because he grew up in the shadow of the 110 freeway in South central LA, and later would set up a large series of crackhouses along the same highway. It should also be noted that the rapper Rick Ross stole his name from him, and they aren't the same guy.
The thing is, with Blandon's direct connection to producers in South America, and the fact that there was pretty much no risk in terms of the importation, he was able to offer coke for insanely low prices. When Ross got this deal going he was swimming in coke and money. He started experimenting with it. The first crack was made in the laboratories of LA trade tech. community college in South Central during this time. It was very profitable, and Ross started literally throwing huge piles of coke in with whatever the fuck else you make crack out of into microwaves to make it when it took off.
Because he was getting it from Blandon, Ross could undercut any coke dealer in LA, and became the original king of crack. He was undercutting by so much, people were coming as far as from Detroit and Washington DC to buy coke off of him and crack spread from city to city. At his peak, Ross made over $3 million in one day from coke/crack.
Eventually shit caught up with Ross, and police caught him. When he was arrested, he was put in jail for like 20+ years or something. He snitched out on Blandon. Blandon, who obviously was working in bigger numbers only got 1 year in prison, and is, to this day, the only foreign national who was arrested for drug trafficking, and was given a green card rather than deported. After his jail term, he went to work for the cia for a couple years, until disappearing entirely.

The only way this could be a "conspiracy" and not well confirmed history that I could reason out is if Reagan's goal was to destroy the black community, rather than it being a coincidence. I personally thin he knew what he was doing to the black community, and if it wasn't an intentional racist attack, at the very least, he didn't care what happened to an area he referred to as "the jungle" after the Watts riot.
I think the conspiracy is the fact that it is not well known history.

Oh, and the Reagan Administration never admitted responsibility. They admitted it might have happened, but that they knew nothing about what was going on when it happened (obvious lie)
For some sources, check out:
Gary Webb's famous series of articles for the San Jose Mercury Times exposing it in the 90's
The results of The second Kerry Commission
The second episode of the A & E series "American Gangster" about Ricky Ross. It's available on netflix.
Also, just google any source for Danilo Blandon.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not to start a side argument, but who's going to push him out of office? Rick Santorum? Mitt Romney? Newt Gingrich? He may be getting people pissed, but no chance he loses in November.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Scribbler

• Rep: -1
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
Young Earthers, Flat Earthers, Ceationists, Intelligent Design, NWO. I can sympathize with 911ers a little as the Governments story doesn't hold the road though I remember hearing about a guy who believes that the attacks never happened and were optical illusions created by the media - Out west a little too far I think.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 01:50:39 AM »
that tom brady left inconspicuous 'hints' in drew hensons life while he was at michigan. eventually convinced him to drop football to pursue baseball.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

TonyBologna

• Rep: 0
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2012, 08:26:56 AM »
That we somehow rape third would countries of their natural resources so we can exploit them. Oh come on, America is the world's police, not the theives.
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2012, 08:55:07 AM »
Young Earthers, Flat Earthers, Ceationists, Intelligent Design, NWO. I can sympathize with 911ers a little as the Governments story doesn't hold the road though I remember hearing about a guy who believes that the attacks never happened and were optical illusions created by the media - Out west a little too far I think.

sounds like he's on drugs.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »
That we somehow rape third would countries of their natural resources so we can exploit them. Oh come on, America is the world's police, not the theives.

TonyBologna

• Rep: 0
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sarcasm creates a great mystery on the internet.
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Cheney is not a pederast because his large genitals horrify children.
[close]

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
The holocaust denial is pretty ridiculous.

Give me a tin foil hat but I do believe in bad use of the military with the NDAA. DHC Officers already out there setting up checkpoints.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2012, 08:12:25 AM »
Another absurd one is the whole Eyes Wide Shut/Kubrick and the Illuminati thing. The crazy thing is that a lot of people actually buy into this one. They think Kubrick made Eyes Wide Shut to "expose" the Illuminati and they killed him for it. What exactly was he exposing? That rich white men like to wear funny clothes and have sex with hookers? I think everyone already knew that. Also, if the Illuminati exists and is this big omnipotent group, why on Earth would they let this film get passed the preproduction phase let alone actually filming, editing, and then on top of that still release the film under one of their brands? & I'm sure working 12 hour+ days for over a year straight while being elderly and over weight had nothing to do with Kubrick's death, right?  ::) People are regular.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 08:16:19 AM by Kristi Yamaguchi »

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2012, 08:17:52 PM »
Aleister Crowley is George Bush's Grandfather.

Ayn Rand was instructed by one of the Rothschilds to write Atlas Shrugged

"the Hebrew socialist revolution against the fascist national Golgotha"

Banks runs the world

Fluoride in tap water calcifies your third eye
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:02:59 PM by David »

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2012, 08:40:48 PM »
that tom brady left inconspicuous 'hints' in drew hensons life while he was at michigan. eventually convinced him to drop football to pursue baseball.

HAHAHAHA amazing.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
The most regular conspiracy theories are

1. "creationism": Evolution doesn't exist
2. Climate change denial

What I do believe is that the people we get so see in the media are mostly puppets of those who control everything.
E.g. check out the Bilderberger conferences and all that. But in general we are powerless when it comes to finding out what's really going on behind the curtains.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)