Author Topic: Unpleasant pro/am encounters  (Read 25018 times)

Grubby Mits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Unpleasant pro encounters
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
At a Flip demo in Minneapolis, Tom Penny signed an autograph for my friend, then asked him where he could pay for some pussy in this city.

[close]
similar and also not unpleasant: we were at a Flip demo in Germany chilling outside by ourselves, van rolls up and part of the flip team jumps out. penny approached us and cried super-mumblish something like: yo guys, you got some weed... we had none
[close]

I've posted this before, but you reminded me and It always makes me laugh. My friend is a deals drugs in Barca and one time PJ Ladd asked him for an eighth and for some reason he gave him his shittiest one haha
[close]

an eighth-ounce should weigh 3.5 grams or more always.� "shittiest one", you fucking people give drug dealers a bad name.

Are you regular? Firstly I never said I sold him the drugs, so it has nothing to do with me, I wasn't even there. Secondly you are either very naive, know one great dealer or smoke some boggy weed if you think every dealer is going to weigh in every eighth at 3.5gs all the time. By 'shittiest' draw I am referring to the one that he had probably pinched a bit from, maybe it had some stalk in it, whatever, i dont know. It's funny because you would expect him to fan out and maybe even bump his bag, but he did the opposite. And since when have drug dealers as a whole had a good name? It has been known for people to put crushed glass into bags to make it look crystally and add weight, this is nothing.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »
i met reese forbes once,he was a bitch after that he sucks but i'm cool because he took a photo for the website i work but shier, clint peterson, jose rojo, and fred gall are so down to earth

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
I hate talking to people at parties  that have decided that they are going too bond with me. Imagine if that happened twenty times (or so) the amount you experience now. On top of that people felt they were entitled to you always being down to talk with them/be nice.

It doesnt really have to have anything to do with being arrogant, not all people are that talkative.
I would hate that part of being pro.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2011, 01:45:31 PM »
It's the crazy ex girlfriend approach that probably gets you dudes some weird stares. There's no harm in a good ol' "Nice to meet you" and hand shake. Telling a dude you think they're awesome before they've even spoken to you, is putting the cart before the horse.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »
I gave Ryan Dezento some Plan B stickers that was handed to me after he won a contest.
I think he thought that i confused him with his brother.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Jeremy Wray is a regular at a bar I used to go to.  We have mutual friends and he has always seemed very cool, though I never fanned out on him, or even let on I knew who he was.  One time I was playing basketball with the brother of one of those mutual friends at the park in Brea where the 12 stair is at.  Jeremy cruises up skating flatground on the other side of the court.  The guy I'm with says whats up to Jeremy then right after says something like "do something crazy"  he's like "ha, uh, I'm just warming up still"  then he went and skated on the other side of the park.  It was not unpleasant for me so much as it probably was for him.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
one time i sold chris troy some weed at an adio demo. he rolled it all up & smoked it with me, it was pleasant. same thing happened with tony silva at a bummer high demo. belton was really quiet, all he said to me was he liked my roky shirt. bonvilla or whatever seemed like a pile but, he was cool i guess.

un-pleasant- one of the very first times i had ever skated for more then transportation was at the block. my brother wanted to teach me how to drop-in but, i told him i'd rather learn on my own. i rolled into the smaller section & got right in austin seaholm's way while he was trying a one wheel nose manual. he started screaming like a child that didn't get his way & throws his board at the ground as hard as he can. i was 7 so, normally this kind of situation would freak me out but, he looked so obnoxious to me that i couldn't help but laugh. my brother just came up to me, grabs me calmly & says "fuck that guy he's just.... whatever" even if it was kind of un-pleasant, it's one of my best memories & it made me know how much i would love skateboarding.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 03:13:40 PM »
Unpleasant pro encounters , only 1 , Aaron Snyder , hahaha , I'm sorry , but what a kook " YEAH Of course I'm AARON SNYDER!!!" Dwindle tour , early 2000 ish in Calgary AB, But I chilled with Marcus McBride, rad dude,super humble, so it was worth it . haha :)

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
it's weird, most of the dudes that i expected to be dicks were really cool, and many of the ones i thought would be nice are just shit humans. maldonado was the first pro i ever met and i thought he'd probly be an asshole but he was a really really nice dude. corey duffel ate lunch with us and shit aat woodward, he smells god awful but he's so nice and hyped on everything.even sheckler was really cool. billy marks is a cunt, nick dompierre told me to fuck off, and cornholio you're right on the money matt allen is all sorts of a sack of assholes. I was like 13, my board got away from me and was in mister allen's vicinity, and this dude, while looking directly at me, pushed my board super hard the opposite way and into a wall with the worst shit eating grin on his face. im glad he fell off too.

im probably lying

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
I was at this bar once and Joel Meinholz came over and sat right next to me. He said hello and put his hand on my leg. I tried to ignore his advances but he wouldn't stop. He eventually started licking my neck and nibbling my ear. I told him I wasn't having any part in this and walked out. When I made it to my car he was still behind me. He embraced me and we started to make out even though I didn't want to. I finally pushed him away drove off into the sunset. He still writes to me.

life support

• Rep: 6
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 03:35:18 PM »
Couple years ago I went to the film festival in Cannes. I ran into Quentin Tarantino and asked him for a photo together.
He was really upset and told me no.

That night was the Gumball 3000 end of the line party.
Walked up to Dyrdek to shoot the shit and he was stoked.
We hung out and he bought us all drinks all night long on the DC company credit card.
blah

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
When I was a brace-faced high school freshman I went to a Habitat-Workshop demo for the ''Mosaic Tour'' thing and told Ted De Gros he did a sick bigflip or something after the demo. He just stared at me with fire in his eyes and walked away, I mean if he didn't want people to talk to him he could have just chilled in the van w/ Janoski and the cool dudes instead of hanging out by Tim O and swarms of kids.

But then he skated to Coldplay, c'est la vie.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 04:09:12 PM »
went to San Diego to visit a hometown hero who made the big time.  he had just gotten sponsored, but would later turn pro.  anyway, his new sponsored guy friends decided that me and my homie weren't cool enough so dude cut us off.  a month in SD with no place to stay (ended up staying with my friend's cousin), no one to skate with, no rides, etc...btw we were considered "uncool" for thinking skateboading consisted of more than angrily driving to a spot, trying a trick for 5 minutes, focusing our board, then going home to sulk...

danny renaud; sorry he fell off a building and all, but he really was a complete cunt everytime i've met him.  kinda got into it with him once at a spot because he tried to clown me for saying "whats up".  maybe this makes me a kook, but i try to acknowlege people when they show up at a session, and i don't think anyone is too big for a simple "whats up" back or even a head nod.  met another "big" sponsored guy at the same session and he ended up becoming one of my best friends.  

it's weird, most of the dudes that i expected to be dicks were really cool, and many of the ones i thought would be nice are just shit humans.

this is almost always the case.  don't judge a book by its cover, and don't meet your idols unless you're prepared to be disappointed.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• big money big cars!
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 04:16:15 PM »
I was at this bar once and Joel Meinholz came over and sat right next to me. He said hello and put his hand on my leg. I tried to ignore his advances but he wouldn't stop. He eventually started licking my neck and nibbling my ear. I told him I wasn't having any part in this and walked out. When I made it to my car he was still behind me. He embraced me and we started to make out even though I didn't want to. I finally pushed him away drove off into the sunset. He still writes to me.
i LOL hahahaha that was great

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 04:18:35 PM »
Just remembered a really awkward story. Quim Cardona was skating (always a nice guy, btw). A younger friend of mine was skating, and I don't remember what I did, but I was joking around and did something slightly dickish to said younger friend. Cardona looked at me all serious and said "Is he your brother?"

I felt terrible.

Man Without A Plan

• Rep: 10
  • "Another day working for The Man."
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 04:58:20 PM »
I met Derrek Burdette a little bit before the Birdhouse video dropped, I asked him if he could tell me a little bit about his part. He told me to fuck off and then he walked away with some of his buddies. When the video premiered I walked out halfway through it.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »
Chad Bartie got mad at me at a demo because I didn't ask for his autograph at the signing table. On a side note, jereme rogers was at that demo, this was before he fell off and started rapping. He blew minds.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »
i saw Jeremy Klein in the early Birdhouse days. i told him he was the greatest and i started studying Japanese because of him. he called me a loser.

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
When I was a brace-faced high school freshman I went to a Habitat-Workshop demo for the ''Mosaic Tour'' thing and told Ted De Gros he did a sick bigflip or something after the demo. He just stared at me with fire in his eyes and walked away

He was just trying to fight the temptation.

Isaiah Kemp

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »
I skated with (read: around) the Habitat dudes and Dan Drehobl on my trip to San Francisco. I didn't say a word because I don't actually know how to speak to anyone, much less someone I've seen on video.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
went to San Diego to visit a hometown hero who made the big time.  he had just gotten sponsored, but would later turn pro.  anyway, his new sponsored guy friends decided that me and my homie weren't cool enough so dude cut us off.  a month in SD with no place to stay (ended up staying with my friend's cousin), no one to skate with, no rides, etc...btw we were considered "uncool" for thinking skateboading consisted of more than angrily driving to a spot, trying a trick for 5 minutes, focusing our board, then going home to sulk...

danny renaud; sorry he fell off a building and all, but he really was a complete cunt everytime i've met him.  kinda got into it with him once at a spot because he tried to clown me for saying "whats up".  maybe this makes me a kook, but i try to acknowlege people when they show up at a session, and i don't think anyone is too big for a simple "whats up" back or even a head nod.  met another "big" sponsored guy at the same session and he ended up becoming one of my best friends.  

Expand Quote
it's weird, most of the dudes that i expected to be dicks were really cool, and many of the ones i thought would be nice are just shit humans.
[close]
Im from sd who was it???

this is almost always the case.  don't judge a book by its cover, and don't meet your idols unless you're prepared to be disappointed.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 06:21:28 PM »
jack sabback brought bobby puleo to my halloween party once and bobby asking my girlfriend if she wanted to go fuck in the alley behind my building. i told her she should go for it, but she didn't seem to want to.

i sat next to chris pastras and in front of ricky oyola on a rented public school bus and ricky was yelling at me because i was very drunk and had to piss really bad. i think rich adler was also on that bus.

a drunken jamie thomas jumped off of a porch onto me at a friend's wedding and i had to decide whether to catch him and potentially be crushed, or let him fall and skateboarding would hate me forever. it was a stressful few seconds.

i saw daniel shimizu at a show but i thought he was my friend jeremy because i guess all asian people look the same to me. it was confusing for both of us.

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 07:18:19 PM »
it's weird, most of the dudes that i expected to be dicks were really cool, and many of the ones i thought would be nice are just shit humans. maldonado was the first pro i ever met and i thought he'd probly be an asshole but he was a really really nice dude. corey duffel ate lunch with us and shit aat woodward, he smells god awful but he's so nice and hyped on everything.even sheckler was really cool. billy marks is a cunt, nick dompierre told me to fuck off, and cornholio you're right on the money matt allen is all sorts of a sack of assholes. I was like 13, my board got away from me and was in mister allen's vicinity, and this dude, while looking directly at me, pushed my board super hard the opposite way and into a wall with the worst shit eating grin on his face. im glad he fell off too.

Billy Marks has a mustache.  Why did you think he would be cool?

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 07:39:41 PM »
Borderline throwing down with Matt Pailes at a contest before he went pro. Funny how he became a relaxed rasta down the road.  Pupecki was pretty lame back in the day. Go to a spot he's at they leave..your at a spot they don't get out of the car. Strange because alot of his boys back in the day were cool shit. Barley is just a flat out nice dude when it comes to pleasant ones.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 08:31:22 PM »
THE KAYO TEAMS WERE SKATING A LOCAL SCHOOL BACK IN 06. STEVIE WILLIAMS WAS HOPPING THE FENCE AND WE MADE EYE CONTACT. HE THEN NODDED HIS HEAD AS DID I.

GAME RECOGNIZE GAME.

NOT UNPLEASANT AT ALL BUT THOUGHT I'D SHARE.

G.Lewis

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:28 PM »
Matt Beach was always really nice.  Kept to himself, but would be cordial if spoken to.

I don't understand any of those guys acting like dicks.  They make a living off of people like us, and get to ride a skateboard to do it.  Pretty lame to be a dick in such a situation.  At least fake being humble and give a "hi", unless of course someone is acting a fool, then fuck those fans.

I've always heard Trujillo is a dick.  Makes sense. 

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
I always just give an awkward smile, lower my eyes and walk away really fast...

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2011, 10:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I saw Justin Brock at a bar and told him I was a big fan and dude looked at me like I was crazy as fuck.� I'm just going to assume that he was drunk or something.
[close]

Brock is a super nice guy, this is probably a situation like Fenzadill mentioned.

Yeah Im pretty sure he's not a dick, it was just an awkward moment. But it was at a local video premier so me saying he was a sick skater isnt the weirdest thing that could have went down.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2011, 10:03:59 PM »
Went to see the ADIO team at a poster signing/demo at the mallofamerikkka and BAM wasn't there.

Very unpleasant.

I didn't know/give a fuck about anyone else on the squad, I, like everyone else there, only came for BAM!

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2011, 10:40:42 PM »
At some fastforward demo in Waco, Texas (around '05 or '06). A lot of pros were there. I got my board signed by Tim O'Connor. After he signed and gave me my board back I didn't know what to say (this is my first time meeting any pros). It was an awkward 3 seconds of just staring at each other, without saying a word I left lol. Felt kind of bad I didn't say thanks.