Author Topic: First Try?  (Read 1694 times)

BraveUlysses

First Try?
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of this company? Not sure if it's a skate shop or just a skate company but I know they're in NY and my friend from NY swears by their shit but they seem extremely lame to me. On their website they claim to be "The most elite skateboard company in the industry today" and claim that "To ride for first try is quite an accomplishment". I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them.
http://www.firsttry906.com/team

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: First Try?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:08:40 PM »
Holy shit, I kept looking for a punchline on the site, but those kids sound serious! They should have named the brand "Pretentious."

Also, their media player fucking sucks, which is really bad considering the way they bash on YT/Vimeo and the like. I couldn't get anything to load in FireFox, and in Chrome they loaded but wouldn't play smooth for longer than 3 seconds (I even paused one clip while I stepped out so it could buffer). Shit's silly.

nylin

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »
Hahahaha in the media section some fucker darkslides a baby hubba. Im backing them.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 09:22:24 PM »
Hahahaha in the media section some fucker darkslides a baby hubba. Im backing them.

It's like the bonus footage from Sorry....except taken too seriously.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »
these guys are on some jereme rogers shit

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
Jesus, I have so much second hand embarrassment right now. The double middle finger page is a gold mine for quotes:

"Finally, with First Try you can be somebody who is not everybody."

"First Try is a gentleman company backed by an intrepid leader."

"This is not a brand for the weak. Here lies a well thought out undertaking with every intention to make a difference."

This shit has to be a joke.

coldsore

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »
This company seems like a keeper. Did you watch the video that was all fs bigspins filmed HD in different locations? Hyped.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 10:36:59 PM »
Also, their media player fucking sucks

everyone out there for some reason feels the need to write their own player and it pisses me of. dont re invent the wheel if you're going to do a shit job and they are always shit jobs. the big ones out there, youtube, vimeo, blip are the big ones for a reason, they fucking work!

i did like the darkslide clip but thats the only clip i watched as it took forever to load and i couldn't be fucked waiting for the rest. everything else on that site reminded me of the psuedo inspirational, intellectual, reminiscing, skating is an art paragraphs written below berrics clips. pretentious.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »
This company seems like a keeper. Did you watch the video that was all fs bigspins filmed HD in different locations? Hyped.

it really was entirely fs bigspins. i can't believe it.

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »
In the long diatribe where youtube et all is bashed they rip on park footage (which I don't care for either unless it's big concrete) and the first dude I click on under team has a crappy photo of a blunt on a skatewave ramp. 

I think there are punchlines in the site, you just have to read behind the lines and then read behind those lines.  Or it's just a huge ego trip.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 03:57:49 AM »
My favourite vid was the one in which some goofy Breakfast Club lookin' motherfucker set up a board for 3 minutes, before doing a 360 flip on flat.

No doubt, he landed that shit first try.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

sametelt

• Rep: 17
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 04:51:58 AM »
Hats off if this is a joke.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
I wondering if any NY heads on here have heard of them so I can get a little insight into the company. Like I said my friend backs them pretty hard. He cuts their logo into the grip of all his boards and everything. I tried to explain to him and one of my other friends how lame it was for them to claim that they are "The most elite skateboard company in the industry" and how corny the other shit they said on the website was but they just said I was "hating". I 'll try to show them this thread.

grayham

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65
  • OMG TMI ;-)
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of this company? Not sure if it's a skate shop or just a skate company but I know they're in NY and my friend from NY swears by their shit but they seem extremely lame to me. On their website they claim to be "The most elite skateboard company in the industry today" and claim that "To ride for first try is quite an accomplishment". I was just wondering if anyone has heard of them.
http://www.firsttry906.com/team

your friend is regular
8===D ~~~~ O-: