Author Topic: 50 CENT  (Read 7398 times)

mongomaestro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: 50 CENT
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:03 PM »
50 has an excellent ear for beats.

cant front on some of those beats... too bad he doesnt do much with em though...  :-\

he does croon better than that other cornball ja rule though...      ;D

thugnificent

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »
trend was actually a poor choice of word, since it was actually a revolution what he did for the rap game. you clearly lack the proper brain power to piece together informed thoughts, i have a lil cousin with the same disease, and its no joke so ima leave it at that. this is a gentlemans discussion, not for lames with the IQ of an apple. 

mongomaestro

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
thanks for curtsying out so gracefully 'thuggy'...

recycling isnt revolutionary. no matter what jimmy whispers in his ear or pads his bank account with.

curtis is cornpops.

thugnificent

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
if curtis is cornpops, then that must make you a fruitloop. you are seriously reaching if you cant acknowledge the impact he made on the rap game with what he did with mixtapes. i get it, you old and crusty and its hard to deal with the fact that its not the 90s anymore, but it aint that hard to give credit where its due

mongomaestro

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »
keep up the embelishment laced specu'hatin on me if it makes you feel more 'thuggy'...

its easier for me to just use your own words to show whos skirt is flyin up in the breeze...   ;)

now get back to countin another mans dollars son.

nothin personal.     8)

thugnificent

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »
i never mentioned his wealth at any time, you stay steady reachin. and im startin to think words aint the only thing you try to put in another mans mouth

mongomaestro

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »
hits, success, numbers...

blah blah blah...  same schit...

irrelevant bullschit when it comes to music and 'classic' hiphop records...

the only one reaching is you, in an attempt to defend your own defensiveness...  dont get it twisted just cause your panties are...

:::smiley:::

Perro Mojado

• Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
"You niggas get so emotional you remind of my bitch"

thugnificent

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2012, 07:22:18 PM »
another classic

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
seems to be quite a few fans of another mans stock portfolio...   stay keepin track dawgs...  LOL...

Expand Quote
if yall tryna hate on fifty you dont know shit about mallrap.
[close]

well, its a good thing i know about hiphop, so that the frivilous attention whore schit marketed towards 14 year old schoolgirls doesnt hold any relevance whatsoever, isnt it...     8)

nigga get tha fuck OUTTA HERE! 50 cent is mallrap? fam you dumb as fuck real talk. ima keep it plain n simple, fuck what ANYBODY says Get Rich or Die Trying was a CLASSIC RAP ALBUM. I'm talking Hip-Hop hall of fame shit. regardless of your personal tastes, if you fail to recognize that then you dont know shit about the genre. he's nowhere near as relevant as he used to be & i dont even really fuck with his music like that anymore but in his prime 50 Cent was THAT NIGGA. Not mention how he pretty much single handedly made the mixtape game what it is today.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:58:32 PM by DaSk8D00D »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »
so here's crack's take on Fif:

he changed/revolutionized the rap-game by making album-format mixtapes a 'thing'. most current rappers in the game right now owe him that, straight up. his first album is a classic and he has had some of the biggest hits in the 2000's ("In Da Club" is one of the biggest rap records ever, no denying that.)

that's all in the past though. the main flaw with 50 cent in 2012 is that he never fully developed/grew as an artist. 50's main draw was how hard he was, his cockiness, his whole tough-guy attitude/image, but we never really got too much depth from him as a writer. lil hints of it here and there, but it seems like 50 just wanted to give us this hard, gangster persona that beefs with everyone. all that negativity got old and people were over his bullshit. he bodied people left and right, but lost his edge when dealing with Game and Rick Ross when it comes down to it.

the man is really talented and funny as fuck imo, but he just doesn't have that "it" factor anymore. he's stuck in 2006 musically and needs to progress as a musician/person.

(a good example of his lack of creativity is all the shitty tracks he's hopped on the last year or two. "Like A G6" remix, that song with E-40/Too $hort, his songs with Jeremih and Soulja boy. he seems like he's desperate for radioplay/hits, so he's hoppin on other people's hot tracks atm, which is something he'd never do before.)

thugnificent

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
yo that toot it and boot it remix was hot though

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
i feel you crack. he said his black magic album was supposed to have some euro-inspired electro shit or somethin. id rather hear him get on some new shit instead all his gangsta shit. this nigga rich as fuck he need start spittin that "luxury rap"

mongomaestro

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
gimmickrap diehard tryhard a classic?   pffffuahhahahah...

jimmys masta plan can only take a one dimensional "emcee" so far...

toot it and boot it

i rest my case...      8)

dude DOES have a sense of humor, which i find a trait which makes emcees entertaining, yet he seems to take himself
WAY too seriously...  just like a couple heads on here... ;)

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »
gimmickrap diehard tryhard a classic?   pffffuahhahahah...

jimmys masta plan can only take a one dimensional "emcee" so far...

this statement alone makes you either an idiot, or just a troll.

mongomaestro

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2012, 10:55:05 PM »
good thing ive made a few more statements than that...   8)

but coming from someone with the googoogaagaa rapper as his avatar, i have to crack a smile...  and a smiley...    :)

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:12 AM »
trend was actually a poor choice of word, since it was actually a revolution what he did for the rap game. you clearly lack the proper brain power to piece together informed thoughts, i have a lil cousin with the same disease, and its no joke so ima leave it at that. this is a gentlemans discussion, not for lames with the IQ of an apple. 
had me dying, sig'd.

smokecrack, thugnificent, and camron are on point in this thread, get rich or die classic is definitely a classic. can't lie, the production was a main factor in that, but his flow was on point, lyrics were pretty good, and like thug said, his hooks were untouchable. holy shit is this song still tight:

this too, eminem killed it but 50 (and lloyd banks) held his own

and not really related to the debate but if you like 50 cent and chopped and screwed music you'll probably like this

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:28 AM »
hell yeah dont forget that dude has one of the classic all-time diss songs as well. Goddamn that album was fucking good.

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

mongomaestro

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 11:45:03 AM »
sig'd.

you must be easily entertained.

hence the 50 cosign. ?  ? :D

thugnificent

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 02:04:41 PM »

more classics

the forefather of lame up there sure visits a 50 cent thread quite often for someone who fails to acknowledge his brilliance. i think it just hurts him too much to admit he's a fan

mongomaestro

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 02:20:03 PM »
brilliance.

pure comedy...    :D

thanks for the laughs son...   

50... LOL...     

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
forgot about back down, i played that track out in 2003, ja rule couldn't recover from a diss that good haha. how to rob is hilarious, clearly made to draw attention to himself by means of getting famous artists worked up, and it worked; i think jay-z, big pun, and a couple other dudes released diss tracks at 50, which only served to introduce him to all of the fans of these hugely popular rappers. 50 is a smart dude.
Expand Quote

[close]

og is way better imo

i disagree but i'm biased because i love c&s shit. regardless, that was a cool edit, i enjoyed it.

and mongo: come on dude, you're only embarrassing yourself at this point, we're trying to have a conversation about an artist we enjoy and you're just hating, no other way to describe your actions haha. and i'm not even trying to insult you with the sig, even if i sided with you in the debate i would've found that shit hilarious.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
Yeah I know I've been pretty anti 50 this thread but some part of me still enjoys this song. I still remember what track number it was on the album haha. I almost got this CD taken away from my mom when she heard a few of the songs.

thugnificent

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »
http://www.datpiff.com/50-Cent-Forever-King-mixtape.53837.html

pretty underrated kinda newer mixtape from him, definitely worth a listen

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »
I love GRODT when it came out which really made me get into his older albums like Power of the Dollar and Guess Whose Back plus ALL the music released online from mix tapes and unreleased stuff. After The Massacre, which was okay compared to GRODT (can't up that album), he really seemed to get into his business side after those first 3 commercial releases but still made sick mixtape music. Overall I always have and will like 50 Cent thats all I got to say.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

BraveUlysses

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 05:41:26 PM »
 Haha I just found out today my friends dad produced a song from Power Of The Dollar.