Author Topic: Mark Suciu, Cross Continental  (Read 27198 times)

Hatechild

Re: Mark Suciu, Cross Continental
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
looks like habitat is nearing completion of marks transformation. from so-cal yo-flipping crybaby to khaki wearing east coast wanabee. i bet this kids never heard of elliott smith either...
What ever the transformation was he turned out all right in my book. Only jealous heads would talk shit on that part.

TonyBologna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
I am pretty sure he was the dude who had a clip and someone commented "usual local park hero style, he isn't that good." But I was into it. Then this comes out, and if that person still has the same opinion, they're fucked in the head. Completely wanted more and more after each line in that video.
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

labia

• Rep: -1
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »
Completely wanted more and more after each line in that video.
he's got that cocaine effect

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:19 PM »
Expand Quote
this kid killed it. I'll probably watch this part 3-5 more times today. I definitely would've paid $5 for it. even better, he skated to Elliott Smith for the second song and made it work really fucking well. Suciu is the truth!
[close]

Ya he's only the fourth skater that I know of to skate to Elliot, it's not easy to do.� I had to fucking watch this on mute though cause I'm at work....but it was still amazing.� I'll be watching this for a few weeks.
Sick part all around and I am feeling this kid's style, trick selection and the fact that he skates fast not to mention I am a huge Elliott Smith fan but that song has been used already in Blueprint's Belong Tour video 10 years ago.

I know it only came out on VHS and maybe a lot of people didn't see it but it grinds my gears when people re-use songs in videos because there are literally millions of songs to choose from in the world of music out there and people that make videos really should do some research before they start editing.

Other than that, young kids take notes because this is how it should be done.

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
this is deemed un-hateable
seriously, fucking amazing

and with these online parts its usually like a 6 minute clip but then it ends 3 minutes in and goes to credits.....i like how this was all skating with like 10 seconds of credits at the end.

smellyfart

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »
Never ending line at love. This part was so fucking great.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 03:02:54 PM »
That part was full of some very nonchalant ripping. There were some serious tricks in there and some long amazing lines. Habitat must feel pretty good that they have this guy and Austyn Gillette.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »
skating was good, but it was such a tease. how is this a sequel to transamerica? he didnt even dress that gay

and k anderson did the back noseblunt fs 180 a year ago at least.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this kid killed it. I'll probably watch this part 3-5 more times today. I definitely would've paid $5 for it. even better, he skated to Elliott Smith for the second song and made it work really fucking well. Suciu is the truth!
[close]

Ya he's only the fourth skater that I know of to skate to Elliot, it's not easy to do.� I had to fucking watch this on mute though cause I'm at work....but it was still amazing.� I'll be watching this for a few weeks.
[close]
Sick part all around and I am feeling this kid's style, trick selection and the fact that he skates fast not to mention I am a huge Elliott Smith fan but that song has been used already in Blueprint's Belong Tour video 10 years ago.

I know it only came out on VHS and maybe a lot of people didn't see it but it grinds my gears when people re-use songs in videos because there are literally millions of songs to choose from in the world of music out there and people that make videos really should do some research before they start editing.

In The Lost and Found was the Elliot Smith song used in that video, not Junk Bond Trader. get your songs straight.

Stunts

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2012, 03:17:43 PM »
No, that song was definitely used in a random blueprint tour vid ages ago. Don't think it's online. In the lost and found is from a newer vid.
And so many people skate to elliott. Best song ever. Best part ever btw.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
No, that song was definitely used in a random blueprint tour vid ages ago. Don't think it's online. In the lost and found is from a newer vid.

that's the video you're looking for. great tour video.
unless that's not all of the video, the song's not in there.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »
Just watched it again with sound.  Fucking so good.  What was with that random 50-50 on a handrail though, can't really tell how gnarly it is from that angle.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
That part was full of some very nonchalant ripping. There were some serious tricks in there and some long amazing lines. Habitat must feel pretty good that they have this guy and Austyn Gillette.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 04:11:55 PM »
Just watched it again with sound.  Fucking so good.  What was with that random 50-50 on a handrail though, can't really tell how gnarly it is from that angle.

I was trying to figure that out, as well. Seemed like there were a couple goofy little filler tricks, but the part was moving pretty fast so I maybe just didn't have time to process it.

I used to be pretty fucking skeptical of this dude, but this part changed my mind entirely. The lines and the lines and the lines. Like everyone said, the one at the library ending with the varial heel was just too much to handle. Seems like both his ability and his style are only getting better.

On the Ted DeGros thing, yeah, I could see that here and there. The skate world needs Ted DeGros, though.

foureyedjim

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
looks like habitat is nearing completion of marks transformation. from so-cal yo-flipping crybaby to khaki wearing east coast wanabee. i bet this kids never heard of elliott smith either...

"The skating was good and all, but I hate the way he dresses, so fuck him"

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 04:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

In The Lost and Found was the Elliot Smith song used in that video, not Junk Bond Trader. get your songs straight.
Yeah that song was in there too but trust me you should get your songs straight because Junk Bond Trader was in Belong Tour as well.
Care to wager on that?
I owned the VHS copy for years and only recently gave away all my VHS videos to a friend last year so I don't have it anymore but believe me son I know of what I speak.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This clip is only about half the video, the whole thing is about 15 minutes long.
I don't remember the other song but Junk Bond trader is absolutely in Belong Tour.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This clip is only about half the video, the whole thing is about 15 minutes long.
I don't remember the other song but Junk Bond trader is absolutely in Belong Tour.

then that's why I didn't know the song was in there. this is the only part of the video I've ever seen. I had no idea there was another half to it.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2012, 04:40:00 PM »
No biggie, I don't expect everyone to have seen every video and I'm sure most people don't care or have an opinion about it but I'm one of those people who feel that songs should never be re-used for video parts, ever.

Having said that (Curb Your Enthusiasm), this part is FUCKING MENTAL and it's very, very re-watchable, can't say that for a lot of these web exclusive video drops these days.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
My favorite trick was the fat chick jumping out of the way at 4:54. So steezy!

braxus

• Rep: -10
    • Amongdreams avatar image
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2012, 05:49:36 PM »
Should've been more lines, but i can't complain that was fucking amazing.

The front crook revert opposite way made me trip
freakwasclean.tumblr.com

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »
He leaves you with the impression he can do anything.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
funny to think that he started as a youtube sensation

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »
Habitat must feel pretty good that they have this guy and Austyn Gillette.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1001
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 06:21:16 PM »
That 5050 on the rail was followed by a pretty big hop over some stairs. Looked good to me. That kid killed it. Gonna be tough to top that.

SteamyRayVaughan

• Rep: 9
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
bigspin onto the rock got me especially hyped

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
funny to think that he started as a youtube sensation

I have a feeling that this is gonna happen a lot more from now on

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »

mark is an elliott smith fan and he picked that song himself at least 5 or 6 months ago.

that was on corner pocket rail (chris cole sw fs flipped over it in In Bloom, eric bielfeldt crook pop-overs it in static III, every video from philly has at least one trick on it, etc). somebody cut the rail off from the middle rung to the end, which made pretty much everyone deem it un-skateable. that makes it a 50-50 pop-out to flat.

foureyedjim

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
he was a yo flipping so cal dude and that's why i didnt' care for him

but not no more motherfuckers

If you saw him in person maybe you would have cared more.  Sure, he yelled a lot, but he was a kid, and everyone gave him a lot of attention so I could sort of understood why he acted the way he did.  Even when he had that local hero vibe, his skating was pretty much unmatched locally (nor-cal (san jose-ish), btw. not so-cal) in terms of skill and style (most little short kids have the worst styles no matter how good they are).  I dunno, I never disliked his skating.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
The quality of an ender part in a highly anticipated DVD skate release and it's a free web clip?  2012 is gonna be alright  8)