Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234846 times)

buzz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2012, 08:40:42 AM »
how sick was it when cardiel laughed after he announced how they're going to be eliminated in the 2nd episode? its almost like he couldn't believe what the fuck he just said

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:10 AM »
haha they did the full on "please pack your knives and go" pan up to the exit sign

also these people say "like" way to fucking much i can't watch anymore
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2012, 08:41:35 AM »
this is the dumbest shit. one of the best dudes with the best style goes home because of an ollie? OIAM is a worse idea than letting pillhead phelps pick SOTY.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »
That was fucked up that they let him go just cuz of some stupid high ollie contest after skating hard all day. The dude was killing it at both spots and gets jewed because he was sore. Slap, you guys fucked up on this one.

buzz

• Rep: -6
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:32 AM »
In Lou's defense, the dude rips and my friend from Jersey said he was one of the coolest people he's ever met. I have a feeling that the producers just told him to do all that kooky shit and he went through it
if he went along with it just for the sake of being a douchebag then he is indeed an actual real life douchebag

earlygrab

« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
In Lou's defense, the dude rips and my friend from Jersey said he was one of the coolest people he's ever met. I have a feeling that the producers just told him to do all that kooky shit and he went through it
[close]
if he went along with it just for the sake of being a douchebag then he is indeed an actual real life douchebag

this whole shit is fucked. As a viewer the only emotion I get from this is disgust for the series. They tried so hard to make it a mainstream reality show that in the process, they destroyed everything that made the shows original formula not only interesting but inspiring.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
fuck this shit. i was hoping matt would make it far because hes the best guy there. also lurker lou is a peice of shit

foureyedjim

« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
I suspect this has something to do with RIDE, the youtube channel OIAM is being posted to this year.  Everything on that fucking channel just oozes cheeseballs.  Anyone got the lowdown?  I'm pretty sure someone / some people connected to Ride are the ones responsible for the

1) the shitty editing.
2) the shitty ideas.

I mean, even with the dumb ollie contest, they could have at least done something that redeemed the skating the skaters did during the day.  I could have been there, skated nothing all day, but still would have stayed at the end of the day.  How about exemptions from eliminations like most reality tv shows (assuming they have eliminations)?  I mean, if they're going to make it like one anyways, you might as well take the good ideas from them too.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that the ollie contest was dumb dumb dumb.  I don't really care too much about Rohan or Lou, they were more or less just there doing what they were told.  Rohan was a bit more empathetic though...

Dirty_Ratlips

• Rep: 0
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
FUCKING HOLLYWOOD SHIT!

Brooklyn Zoo

• Rep: 42
« Reply #189 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »
All this bullshit is the doing of Alex Klein, yes this Alex Klein Alex Klein - Crime in the City.  
Hes the one producing all the whacky challenges as well as the Lurker Lou board snap survivor style elimination. They wanted to play off the "Lurker Lou is a dick head" drama to attract viewers.

I skate with Lou a bunch, yeah he has a rep for being a dickhead and I hate it when people say "oh you just gotta know him hes nice" but Lou is actually a pretty nice once you do get to know him, dude rips but he will def know if your doing something whack. I even used to hate Lou when I was younger.

Matt hit me up after he got eliminated and said it wasn't even that bad getting eliminated cause now he could just skate around city for the rest of the time without worrying about doing stupid shit for OIAM, he's also flow skate mental now so its not like hes nowhere after all that.

The production value is also horrible all the audio keeps getting blown out when people are talking
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:10:41 AM by Brooklyn Zoo »
I cannot convey the hate clearly enough.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

foureyedjim

« Reply #190 on: February 08, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »
All this bullshit is the doing of Alex Klein, yes this Alex Klein Alex Klein - Crime in the City
Hes the one producing all the whacky challenges as well as the Lurker Lou board snap survivor style elimination. They wanted to play off the "Lurker Lou is a dick head" drama to attract viewers.

I skate with Lou a bunch, yeah he has a rep for being a dickhead and I hate it when people say "oh you just gotta know him hes nice" but Lou is actually a pretty nice once you do get to know him, dude rips but he will def know if your doing something whack. I even used to hate Lou when I was younger.

Matt hit me up after he got eliminated said it wasn't even that bad getting eliminated cause now he could just skate around city for the rest of the time without worrying about doing stupid shit for OIAM, he's also flow skate mental now so its not like hes nowhere after all that.

The production value is also horrible all the audio keeps getting blown out when people are talking

yeah of course, talent like that doesn't go unnoticed.  I'm still bummed though, especially since I liked Alex Klein as a skateboarder, but if what you say is true...lost respect for the guy.

So about Matt being able to skate in NY after being eliminated, was he on his own from there on out, or was it like "you're not on the show, but you can still crash here at night while you check out New York" ?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #191 on: February 08, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »
it's like the idea with slap instagram ... worthless.

Brooklyn Zoo

« Reply #192 on: February 08, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
yeah of course, talent like that doesn't go unnoticed.  I'm still bummed though, especially since I liked Alex Klein as a skateboarder, but if what you say is true...lost respect for the guy.

So about Matt being able to skate in NY after being eliminated, was he on his own from there on out, or was it like "you're not on the show, but you can still crash here at night while you check out New York" ?

Matt and the other dudes eliminated were sent off with the 5boro guys, so Matt was skating around with that crew the rest of the time. I think he was allowed to still stay there, if not he probably crashed at Colin (mandible claws) apartment.

Cant wait to see his version of it.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

foureyedjim

« Reply #193 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
Expand Quote
yeah of course, talent like that doesn't go unnoticed.  I'm still bummed though, especially since I liked Alex Klein as a skateboarder, but if what you say is true...lost respect for the guy.

[close]

Matt and the other dudes eliminated were sent off with the 5boro guys, so Matt was skating around with that crew the rest of the time. I think he was allowed to still stay there, if not he probably crashed at Colin (mandible claws) apartment.

Cant wait to see his version of it.

In that case, I'm not entirely pissed off.  In fact, I'm glad he got to do some actual skating in NY.  I was fooled by the drama of the show, because they clearly suggested Matt was packing his bags and going home.  And I guess that's why nobody batted an eyelash over how ridiculous the concept of the show was this year?  Everyone probably knew the show was just for views anyways.  I would totally pick skating with the 5boro crew over doing the show too.

Also looking forward to a different edit.  There's zero Slap charm this year, it has a whole different vibe from every Slap video I've seen.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:30:22 AM by foureyedjim »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2012, 10:29:29 AM »
Pretty fucked how Lurker Lou says he wants to see good skating, but then kids get eliminated from stupid challenges. I wonder if anyone was like, "Fuck it. I'm not going to get broke off just to ruin my chances of staying here and getting sponsored." and refused to skate hard during the day.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #195 on: February 08, 2012, 10:29:43 AM »
wow . . that episode was just . . . . . wow.

Hopefully the next elimination challenge will be something like this, but with skateboards instead of water skis:

Fonzie jumps the shark

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2012, 10:43:36 AM »
fuck this shit. i was hoping matt would make it far because hes the best guy there. also lurker lou is a peice of shit
matt is the worst one there. slap's scientific skateboard elimination technology proved it

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #197 on: February 08, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »
that's so stupid to break his board

also, the long beard shaved head look is played out.  someone please convince him to cut that.  there are probably spider mites and shit living in there
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Brooklyn Zoo

« Reply #198 on: February 08, 2012, 10:50:13 AM »
There are 306 Views on the video, and 382 "dislikes"

I don't think you can fuck something up anyworse

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #199 on: February 08, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »

"Dennis, your Mule is shit."

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2012, 11:12:04 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:05 AM »
hope he got a free board after that, like in kotr
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
holy shit that was bad

Alexneuhauserr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
im glad matt got elimintaed now he can skate the city and not worry aboutthat contest bullshit

MINDFIELD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »

I imagine a whore's vagina would smell like a fresh bag of Doritos

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2012, 12:28:03 PM »
SLAP really had nothing to do with this, the entire contest was pretty much out of their hands the entire time.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

REALtoREEL

• Rep: 18
« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
why the fuck did lurker lou have to focus that kids board, that pussy couldn't even do it in one try. what an asshole. fuck oiam this year, you got rid of one of the best dudes. LURKER LOU YOU ARE WASHED UP.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2012, 12:35:13 PM »
What the FUCK is this shit?! Highest ollie challenge? Thats some fucking jock shit.
And who the hell is that Lurker Lou charakter? If he would have tried to break my board I would have knocked him the fuck out

Slap is trying WAY to hard on this one.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

dethcomic

• Rep: 5
  • dead ass
« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »
this makes me wanna punch somebody in the throat
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcztw7MqdI1rbv6tio1_400.gif[IMG]

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal