Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234828 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
next challenge: who sets up his board the fastest? who can tighten his trucks the most? who can do turns with tensors?

vince the stud

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -202
  • 4Q
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2012, 03:48:51 PM »
that fat bastard is painfull to watch
tricks are for kids , style is forever

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »
so much ewww. they're really pushin for this lurker lou is a dickhead thing huh? fuck that dude for real. team haywood i guess

im probably lying

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
Damn im bummed that dude went home but his footage is good enough that he doesnt need the contest to come up. Damn im curious to see how else they are gonna eliminate people ???

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
I hate how they say 'that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes' and 'that's the way the game goes', as if its just inevitable misfortune rather than the doings of their bullshit production.

It's not 'the way the cookie crumbles', its the way OIAM's fucking integrity crumbles

Sums it up

The Magnet Man

« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

Galletly

« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »
That was not only lame but uncomfortable and unnecessarily cruel. Doesn't make for a fun watch.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2012, 05:13:04 PM »
I think OIAM was looking for a Forest-like character to play a "the villian" to keep things interesting and Lurker Lou is that guy.

I can tell in the way they introduced all 3 judges

It's like he's the Simon Cowell of this series
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:29:39 PM by able »
ableSkateMag.com

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2012, 05:18:18 PM »
I can totally see that by the end no one gave a shit, as previously rumored.  I bet theyre a lot more "fuck this shit" and less nervous in the next "elimination."

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:10 PM »
Wow. I was really skeptical about all the rumors about OIAM this year, but its all true. That was fucking terrible. There are so many reasons that was terrible, and it blows my mind that nobody producing it realized it.
Have a contest that is based around going to a city and skating it, and then completely discount all of the going around the city and skating it? Are you serious? I wouldn't try at all at the spots the next day and would just save my energy for the elimination, and cruise the spots for fun. This approach will absolutely destroy the quality of skating in the street.

Alex Klein should be chased out of the industry for this, and I mean this in a purely economic/business minded way. The guy took the most successful product a brand had, and completely destroyed it. Who's going to watch this and think "I'm going to be part of this next year!"  I would never trust this guy with a video project that  I was in charge of. Its at 106 likes and 1065 dislikes now, I'm not saying I disliked it so much that I wouldn't hire him. I'm saying he took a video series that was wildly popular, and made it wildly unpopular. All he had to do was maintain the ship on clear waters, and somehow he managed to figure how to throw a rock in the ocean and intentionally hit it. If slap wants to put up a video that gets a bunch of likes, fire this clown on film as the final episode. So many people will hit that thumbs up.

Oh, and fuck all of the judges. First, if Lurker Lou is just acting that way to play up that image, he's lame as fuck, and is basically a low rent Sheckler (shitty reality star). Also, if I knew what was going down and what my role was in this contest, I wouldn't be ok with being in it. They all knew how lame this was going to be, and still proudly looked into the camera and said lame shit like "somebody's gonna have the pop and somebody's gonna get the drop?" Wow. Have you no shame? Embarassed for the dude.  You could see Rohan being sympathetic, which gives me the slightest amount of sympathy for him, but while I was watching this, my hate wasn't going to whoever made this, it was to the 3 asshole judges who showed up at the end of the session and kicked a kid out for not ollieing high enough.

Can somebody make a "Team Matt Militano" banner?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Mr. tehe

• Rep: 3
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »
SHIT SUCKS. FUCK OIAM

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
Wow. I was really skeptical about all the rumors about OIAM this year, but its all true. That was fucking terrible. There are so many reasons that was terrible, and it blows my mind that nobody producing it realized it.
Have a contest that is based around going to a city and skating it, and then completely discount all of the going around the city and skating it? Are you serious? I wouldn't try at all at the spots the next day and would just save my energy for the elimination, and cruise the spots for fun. This approach will absolutely destroy the quality of skating in the street.

Alex Klein should be chased out of the industry for this, and I mean this in a purely economic/business minded way. The guy took the most successful product a brand had, and completely destroyed it. Who's going to watch this and think "I'm going to be part of this next year!"� I would never trust this guy with a video project that� I was in charge of. Its at 106 likes and 1065 dislikes now, I'm not saying I disliked it so much that I wouldn't hire him. I'm saying he took a video series that was wildly popular, and made it wildly unpopular. All he had to do was maintain the ship on clear waters, and somehow he managed to figure how to throw a rock in the ocean and intentionally hit it. If slap wants to put up a video that gets a bunch of likes, fire this clown on film as the final episode. So many people will hit that thumbs up.

Oh, and fuck all of the judges. First, if Lurker Lou is just acting that way to play up that image, he's lame as fuck, and is basically a low rent Sheckler (shitty reality star). Also, if I knew what was going down and what my role was in this contest, I wouldn't be ok with being in it. They all knew how lame this was going to be, and still proudly looked into the camera and said lame shit like "somebody's gonna have the pop and somebody's gonna get the drop?" Wow. Have you no shame? Embarassed for the dude.� You could see Rohan being sympathetic, which gives me the slightest amount of sympathy for him, but while I was watching this, my hate wasn't going to whoever made this, it was to the 3 asshole judges who showed up at the end of the session and kicked a kid out for not ollieing high enough.

Can somebody make a "Team Matt Militano" banner?

that's what i was thinking.  they took something so good and made it so awful.  the way the show has been, at the very least skaters get an awesome experience getting to skate a bunch of spots for a week, meet pros, make some friends.  and, best case, get hooked up and have some great opportunities come out of it.   why would anyone want to be on this to be publicly humiliated?  
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #253 on: February 08, 2012, 06:54:37 PM »
That was bullshit.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

BraveUlysses

« Reply #254 on: February 08, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »
To whoever complained about them saying the word "like" to much I was bored so when I  re-watched the episode I decided to count the number of times the word was used. I counted 36 likes not counting the preview for the next episode. I could be off by a few. I can't believe I even bothered to do that.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2012, 07:22:31 PM »
Why skate at all during the day?  Stupidest shit ever.

I know, right? Might as well have strapped on a pair of roller skates during the park sessions, then once back at the warehouse, do the ollie challenge on your board.

garrett hill - welcome to threat

gnarnel

• Rep: 6
  • ilikeboys
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »
slap oiam . kill your self. lurker lou. kill your self. who let this turn to crap reality show might as well give everyone tans and give them to the clubs and start airing slaps jersey shore. screw this.

Preck.

• Rep: -20
« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »
that would suck to get eliminated that way, that dude's bummed.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2012, 08:15:07 PM »
Its the fucking worst.

Soty2020

« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
nate looked so bummed in every interview and shot of him.  i dont think they planned for lurker lou to come off as a dick thats just how he actually is in real life, pretty cool guy though if you get to know him

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »
Shit's stupid, doesn't need to be said again. Can't judge skating from a high ollie contest but dude shoulda been able to clear that low add bar. Militano will get somewhere with his flippity flop skating, maybe a spot on Almost so everyone can not give a fuck about him. And I don't believe how many people don't know Lou Sarowsky. Thought most skaters knew him, I'm not even from New York but it's hard to forget shit like wallride nollie out to backside 5-0. Dudes skating is memorable, the show just kinda makes him look like a kook but you're judging someone based on a combined 20 seconds of strategically and badly edited comments. So what if he stomped the dudes board, think he didn't get hooked up with a little product out of this, at least a replacement? It was a lame and probably staged dramatic act, and a failure, but not like it was insulting. Kid got a free trip to NYC and some widespread name recognition out of the deal. Done ranting, OIAM has been cheesy after the first couple times around, don't see why people expect it to be awesome.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2012, 08:43:21 PM »
why even have judges?  you don't need to know dick about skateboarding, nyc, or shit to say, "uhhhh, you hit the bar.  i guess you ain't no good"  :-\

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
I enjoy the irony of Lurker Lou priding himself on calling bullshit on things he thinks are lame, even if people don't ant to hear it, yet does this shit.

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
Here's my stupid video break down:

Dude is the black version of that dude from that show.

Dude looks kinda like Harold Hunter.

Realizing that the point of the challenge is Element product placement.

And to round it all up. Matt's expression of WTF?!

DontTreadgoShred

• Rep: 1
  • yup.
« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
Well, this still beats survivor. Billy Rohan was the german officer that knew what he was doing is fucked up, and felt regret after doing the deed. Matt's a robot and he will crawl back into the industry somehow. Lurker Lou can keep lurking, seems like thats a good occupation for him.
Don't forget to rotate your wheels regularly.

Jack Wong

• Rep: 4
« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:35 PM »
I think the most valid criticism is that now the kids know that skating hard all day doesn't count for shit, they're going to coast then go for the elimination.  This will immediately drop the level of footage I'm sure. 

Also I want to see how they edit that one kid quitting because he realized it was bullshit.

And good job Whitely for jumping ship on this!

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »
An ollie challenge? Seriously? How jockish can this get?

streetlevel

• Rep: -1
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »
Gotta say I wont be watching this again, that was absolutely shit. Guy was one of the better skaters there and he gets dropped cos someone can ollie (roughly) 2 inches higher than him? Then breaking his board and shit for no other reason than the cameras? Kid must have been pretty pissed, I woulda knocked that Lurker Lou the fuck out.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »

Realizing that the point of the challenge is Element product placement.

http://www.elementskateboards.com/app/webroot/dropspot/higholliebar/

That fucking thing costs $180!

Bwaaahahahahahahaaaaa