Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234974 times)

NickDagger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2012, 06:54:41 AM »
If they do this again this year, they need to obviously make a lot of changes.

I don't see why they need to eliminate someone on each episode. Just wait until the end and pick a winner.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #721 on: March 01, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #722 on: March 01, 2012, 07:27:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey everyone this whole thing is just a big joke, but only me and lurker lou are cool enough to get it
[close]
This^ And the jokes on US! bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch but yet every week we ALL watch it. A testament to the drooling internet junkies we've all become...
[close]

speak for yourself
The guilty dog always barks first....
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hey everyone this whole thing is just a big joke, but only me and lurker lou are cool enough to get it
[close]
This^ And the jokes on US! bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch but yet every week we ALL watch it. A testament to the drooling internet junkies we've all become...
[close]

FACT: Alex Klein is currently writing his thesis on internet culture. Wonder if that has anything to do with this mess of a show....

That makes the 'troll' angle seem more likely.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

FACT: Alex Klein is currently writing his thesis on internet culture. Wonder if that has anything to do with this mess of a show....
[close]

That makes the 'troll' angle seem more likely.

yeah, lets fuck up a whole series that has great potential just so that one guy might have something to write about. internet culture? fuck, he should just do 250 pages of pictures of cats doing stuff they usually dont do and that basically covers the whole field.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

speak for yourself
[close]

literally only watched the first two episodes

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2012, 08:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

speak for yourself
[close]
[close]

just fucking witcha....I keep watching it hoping the next episode will show them flipping out and saying ,"FUCK this shit!" and walking out. Oh yeah and cause I got no life ;D
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2012, 09:00:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

speak for yourself
[close]
[close]

[close]
just fucking witcha....I keep watching it hoping the next episode will show them flipping out and saying ,"FUCK this shit!" and walking out. Oh yeah and cause I got no life ;D

im prety much waiting for the "all skating" edit at the end, cant be arsed with all this drawing reality tv bullshit

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker

earlygrab

« Reply #729 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Message to Steve Rodriguez: This makes me less likely to buy a 5boro board...sorry man.
[close]

Its sad to see people that seem so real, so quick to sell out for a reality tv show. The idea of the show and the way Steve talks down to these kids is the exact opposite of everything he believes, yet here he is...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #730 on: March 01, 2012, 10:28:01 AM »
Still, fuck that. I know the guy. I'll buy the boards. He could be wearing a clown suit on TV for all I care. It'll take more than some shitty webisode portrayal of him to extinguish the years of good work he's put in around NY.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #731 on: March 01, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
Is steve rodriguez really "selling out"? I cant imagine slap having a big enough budget to pay him a large amount of money. If FOX was producing the show then I could see it. Not sayin he still wasnt manipulated by the producers to say dumb shit.

smellyfart

« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
I could see Steve Rodriguez stoked to be a part of OIAM without knowledge of what it would ensue. Afterall, last year was fucking dope so who wouldn't want to be involved.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »
I could see Steve Rodriguez stoked to be a part of OIAM without knowledge of what it would ensue. Afterall, last year was fucking dope so who wouldn't want to be involved.

All the guys, really. It seems like one of those things that you're kinda weary of while it's going on, then in hindsight it's like "What the fuck was I doing?". All the hosts and judges are legit dudes, that seemed like they all signed up for something that could have been really cool, and out of nowhere turned out way worse than any of them could have imagined. Keep in mind, even though it's been weeks for us watching it, it's only been two days for them. I think they're still in the "Is the shit for real?" stage, and haven't moved on to "Fuck this" yet. Cardiel obviously dropped out, and from what Mandible says, the rest do the same. Getting blindsided like that might take a few hours to set in.

Or maybe not. Who knows. I'd just like to think Cardiel, Steve, Lou, and the rest of those guys have a more vested interest in what skateboarding really is, and not dropping all that for the sake of a terrible reality show.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:31:29 AM by via »

Jack Wong

• Rep: 4
« Reply #734 on: March 01, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
Is there a reason to watch this new episode?  I don't want to sit through the bullshit for no new footy.

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
« Reply #735 on: March 01, 2012, 11:56:52 AM »
So every day is spread over three episodes ?
1. Footy
2. stupid Immunity Challenge
3. footy review and judgement?
= 22+ weeks?

There are only 13 episodes, so I don't really know how it was condensed for the rest of the days.

commie

• Rep: 17
« Reply #736 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:18 PM »
The part where Lurker Lou snaps the kid's deck is so dramatic. They should've got Ty Evans in on this with the triple slow-mo.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #737 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
All you guys trying to give Klein the benefit of the doubt that this is some experiment are missing a big part of it- even if it is, he's still a prick. To ruin a franchise and exploit these kids who are skating their asses off and humiliating themselves to prove some contrived point of a master's thesis is the epitome of selfishness. Those kids aren't toys to be manipulated.
Also, some are minors and doing experiments which cause trauma or are targeted towards manipulating minors will not get IRB approval, so its not anyway.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

trannies and mannies

« Reply #738 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
Id love to see an interview with klein explaining his dumb ass side of the story. hopefully jenkem can do it.

Brooklyn Zoo

• Rep: 42
« Reply #739 on: March 01, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
Id love to see an interview with klein explaining his dumb ass side of the story. hopefully jenkem can do it.

yes, hes got some s'plaining to do
I cannot convey the hate clearly enough.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #740 on: March 01, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »
Anyone else see lurker Lou's sporty Nike running shoes?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #741 on: March 01, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes, hes got some s'plaining to do

a redemption interview with lou, rodney and steve about it would be sick as well

earlygrab

« Reply #742 on: March 01, 2012, 03:53:21 PM »
totally. I'm more interested in the fallout than the trainwreck, though it's hard to turn away when the trainwreck is so horrible. I wonder how many times a day the 5 boro team teases Steve with his "skateboarding is all about how you market yourself" line?

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #743 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »
totally. I'm more interested in the fallout than the trainwreck, though it's hard to turn away when the trainwreck is so horrible. I wonder how many times a day the 5 boro team teases Steve with his "skateboarding is all about how you market yourself" line?

Probably zero.
dude signs their checks.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #744 on: March 01, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
All you guys trying to give Klein the benefit of the doubt that this is some experiment are missing a big part of it- even if it is, he's still a prick. To ruin a franchise and exploit these kids who are skating their asses off and humiliating themselves to prove some contrived point of a master's thesis is the epitome of selfishness. Those kids aren't toys to be manipulated.
Also, some are minors and doing experiments which cause trauma or are targeted towards manipulating minors will not get IRB approval, so its not anyway.

I was actually going to say this exact same thing.

And I concur. A Jenkem interview with Alex Klein would be interesting.

Bertie

• Rep: 65
« Reply #745 on: March 01, 2012, 06:17:56 PM »
Think Klein is/will be probably pretty ashamed of the outcome too.

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #746 on: March 01, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »
Cardiel bailed?
I'm guessing our comments are affecting the editing of the shows and that they are mercifully Leaving him out.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #747 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »
I watched this and immediately I fuckin hate skateboarding now.... wow

Its cool Kennedy got where he's at... rememeber that fool from way back in the day throwin down at the Garland 9, but damn.... such a shame.

This destroys everything that skateboarding is. Thanks Ryan Sheckler
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:39:02 PM by Citizen on Patron »

relevant to my intrests

• Rep: -58
« Reply #748 on: March 02, 2012, 12:27:02 AM »
I decided to give this shit another chance. Now I'm really over it Steven rodriguez or whatever is a cluck and so is that bearded nigga.

TomTom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #749 on: March 02, 2012, 12:50:22 AM »
Wow this fucking sucks!
Snapping boards to eliminate the kids trhis is mtv bullshit, last year was decent but this shit is over the top!
They aren't gonna get anyone legit to judge for next year...