Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234963 times)

Fenzadill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #750 on: March 02, 2012, 08:45:49 AM »
All you guys trying to give Klein the benefit of the doubt that this is some experiment are missing a big part of it- even if it is, he's still a prick. To ruin a franchise and exploit these kids who are skating their asses off and humiliating themselves to prove some contrived point of a master's thesis is the epitome of selfishness. Those kids aren't toys to be manipulated.
Also, some are minors and doing experiments which cause trauma or are targeted towards manipulating minors will not get IRB approval, so its not anyway.

yeah of course
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

trannies and mannies

« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »
haha OIAM got a shout out on the newest weekendbuzz episode

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2012, 10:48:40 AM »
It's funny how fast it went downhill. A lot of the people that came out of OIAM in the past, are now currently people I love to watch, Randy Ploesser, Jake Donnelly and a few others.

Couldn't agree more with a follow-up Klein interview. I have some mutual friends with Alex Conn, Klein is behind a lot of the stupidity, reality-tv b/s and there needs to be some accountability for ruining something that I personally HELD in high regard as far as internet content goes.
MN -> IL

kamltoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
whiteley = OIAM. just saying. i heard some first hand accounts and i can tell you that what happened in NY was NOT OIAM. it was something...

...but it was most mutherfucking definitely NOT OIAM.

k

Quote from: The Gipper

Classic keyboard skate champion talk right there.

you need to stop thinking people do what you tell them bc they dont.

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »
Hahaha Kooks from Kooks, you're all a bunch of fuckin peasants as far as I can see. Suck my cock you fuckin agnostic dick lickers ? :)

I wasn't talking about the skateboarding in general. The fact that skateboarding has fuckin judges and shit now... and you have to have some fuckin faggot sit there and break you board because you didn't skate to well... wow
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:24:52 PM by Citizen on Patron »

Citizen on Patron

• Rep: -11
« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^

Dick licker

I feel honored that you would take the time to go out an search the web for a fuckin clever picture to post on here just for me :)

Pearl

« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »

seewhathappens

• Rep: -4
« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »
Lurker Lou is the truth in my book.... 100% NY OG on the real...

With that being said.. Even if this whole Klein production is the truth (which I'm sure it is) Lou seems like he is WAAYYYYYY too into it. What's the deal? If Mandible's shit is true that he tried to fight Klein and shit at the end, couldn't he have shown a little bit more not-giving-a-fuckness during the show? I am so fucking confuse, and I am so fucking drunk too.

oatis bedford

• Rep: 0
« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
forrest would have established dominance over this known submissive bottom and v neck enthusiast alex kleins artschool butthole

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #759 on: March 03, 2012, 12:15:53 AM »
"that shit would never fly"?

oh... damn. so, what about when you're on tour with a team going spot to spot and, one dude does something better then the other dude. is that an immediate fist fight? idiot. it's not like the kid did it to spite him, he was inspired by a new idea & added to it. just like everything. doesn't take away from the other dude having an original idea.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #760 on: March 03, 2012, 03:39:32 AM »
still doesn't hurt to ask...

lurker lou is the biggest ph@ggot ever...i hope in the last episode stone cold steve austin focus's his torso

victor333

« Reply #761 on: March 03, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »

oh... damn. so, what about when you're on tour with a team going spot to spot and, one dude does something better then the other dude. is that an immediate fist fight? idiot. it's not like the kid did it to spite him, he was inspired by a new idea & added to it. just like everything. doesn't take away from the other dude having an original idea.

The way I see it,

all's fair in love, war, and skateboarding.

jimi420

« Reply #762 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »

That shit killed Oiam for me this year. The ollie contest was eh, the coloring was strange but that right there was just fucking stupid. So if a friend and I go to a spot and he battles with a kickflip and finally lands it and I land switch flip that's me just being an asshole and he'll never forgive me? get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #763 on: March 03, 2012, 04:14:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That shit killed Oiam for me this year. The ollie contest was eh, the coloring was strange but that right there was just fucking stupid. So if a friend and I go to a spot and he battles with a kickflip and finally lands it and I land switch flip that's me just being an asshole and he'll never forgive me? get the fuck out of here with that shit.
You guys seriously don't get it? The kid went out of his way to skate it a different way, and as soon as he does, somebody else happens to think of it too and do a slghtly better variation of it? That's not coincidence, that's biting. If you think you can go to spots and one up dudes immediately after they do tricks and that people will think you are cool you're an idiot. If I see a dude putting it out for the glory I let him have it and keep doing my own thing, I don't think "I'm going to do it better!" There is etiquette in skateboarding and that was genuinely bad etiquette. You are supposed to ask first at the least. Now, having people step forward and answer for the decisions made while skating and judging them like that is lame, but really, if they are going to do it, thats as legitimate of a thing to call out as any.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #764 on: March 03, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »
This shit sucks. Like, seriously, that the fuck is this? This is like MTV type shit.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
I think that the best year of OIAM was the one with Tom K. Good skating, no kooks, good filming, and no elimination.

foureyedjim

« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
You guys seriously don't get it? The kid went out of his way to skate it a different way, and as soon as he does, somebody else happens to think of it too and do a slghtly better variation of it? That's not coincidence, that's biting. If you think you can go to spots and one up dudes immediately after they do tricks and that people will think you are cool you're an idiot. If I see a dude putting it out for the glory I let him have it and keep doing my own thing, I don't think "I'm going to do it better!" There is etiquette in skateboarding and that was genuinely bad etiquette. You are supposed to ask first at the least. Now, having people step forward and answer for the decisions made while skating and judging them like that is lame, but really, if they are going to do it, thats as legitimate of a thing to call out as any.

yeah I wouldn't call a kickflip down some stairs as thinking outside the box.  When you go to a spot and you put some thought into what you want to do, and land something nobody else is doing, you don't deserve to be out-done by a fellow skateboarder.

I guess that's where you draw the line.  You could say there's a certain level of respect that's due to someone who does their own thing.  Take this hypothetical example:  What if the moment Duane peters did his full loop, someone comes up behind him and does it switch and steals his shine?  That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me.  I'm not saying Josh's trick is as revolutionary as the loop, but he put the effort into thinking of his trick, what did Mikey do?  He stole an idea, and that's like...a violation of intellectual property rights and shit...hah

juja

« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2012, 05:02:10 PM »
Lurker Lou is the truth in my book.... 100% NY OG on the real...

If this is true, COTG was right about new york skaters!!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Especially because Josh seemed pretty excited that he thought to skate it like that. Everyone else was doing tricks on it and he said something like he knew he could keep up with those guys, so he thought he would try something different. Then after battling the gap to 50-50, Mikey announces he's going to try a gap to 5-0 seems really shitty to me. Fuck, I would have been fine with him even asking josh if he could try the gap to 50-50 with him, like trade tries, but to wait for him to land it and then try to one up him seems sketchy. And to everyone saying that this isn't a big deal--Nick Merlino admitted for doing this exact shot and snaking people got him dropped from Baker flow right before he got added as am.

jimi420

« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

yeah I wouldn't call a kickflip down some stairs as thinking outside the box.� When you go to a spot and you put some thought into what you want to do, and land something nobody else is doing, you don't deserve to be out-done by a fellow skateboarder.

I guess that's where you draw the line.� You could say there's a certain level of respect that's due to someone who does their own thing.� Take this hypothetical example:� What if the moment Duane peters did his full loop, someone comes up behind him and does it switch and steals his shine?� That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me.� I'm not saying Josh's trick is as revolutionary as the loop, but he put the effort into thinking of his trick, what did Mikey do?� He stole an idea, and that's like...a violation of intellectual property rights and shit...hah
ok that was a shitty comparison. But isn't this a competition? I know that sounds shitty but the point of the series is kind of to show what you got. I'm sure that goofy looking kid that got one upped wasn't bumming too hard on it. And what can you expect from a competition where they just had a high ollie contest?

foureyedjim

« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

yeah I wouldn't call a kickflip down some stairs as thinking outside the box.� When you go to a spot and you put some thought into what you want to do, and land something nobody else is doing, you don't deserve to be out-done by a fellow skateboarder.

I guess that's where you draw the line.� You could say there's a certain level of respect that's due to someone who does their own thing.� Take this hypothetical example:� What if the moment Duane peters did his full loop, someone comes up behind him and does it switch and steals his shine?� That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me.� I'm not saying Josh's trick is as revolutionary as the loop, but he put the effort into thinking of his trick, what did Mikey do?� He stole an idea, and that's like...a violation of intellectual property rights and shit...hah
[close]
ok that was a shitty comparison. But isn't this a competition? I know that sounds shitty but the point of the series is kind of to show what you got. I'm sure that goofy looking kid that got one upped wasn't bumming too hard on it. And what can you expect from a competition where they just had a high ollie contest?

I guess so, but judging skateboarding is all subjective, so even if you're "better" doesn't necessarily mean everyone is going to like you.  Originality is pretty important, and maybe just as important as how hard the trick is.  Some tricks are fair game because skateboarding is progressing at such a fast pace that it's hard to do something completely original, but in Mikey's case, it looks highly unoriginal to steal an idea during the same skate session.  I know explaining this "rule" may sound kinda lame but that's the way I see it.  I know it's a competition and all, but it is a skate competition, and those unspoken rules come with the territory.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2012, 09:51:45 PM »
The fact is Mikey would have never skated it like that without that other kid doing it first.  I think the gap 5-0 was out of line, he straight copied and one upped him. You dont do that kind of shit.  Think of your own trick to try. Competition or not it speaks badly for your character, in my opinion.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2012, 10:58:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Even in contests you are supposed to do your own thing.  Its stupid to dwell on though, he was cool about it in the end

foureyedjim

« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2012, 12:16:49 AM »
yeah, the act itself was not cool, but people mistakes.  I'm sure Mikey isn't a bad guy, you can't judge him based on one action.

Itsonlyme

• Rep: 0
« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »
The fact is Mikey would have never skated it like that without that other kid doing it first.?  I think the gap 5-0 was out of line, he straight copied and one upped him. You dont do that kind of shit.?  Think of your own trick to try. Competition or not it speaks badly for your character, in my opinion.
Yeah it gives me the shits when I get something down then some kid comes from a total different area of the park and does the exact same thing. Its just the skatepark hero syndrome coming into play.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #775 on: March 04, 2012, 04:30:20 AM »
wow, people still care about this years OIAM?
seriously who gives a crap about this bullshit?

earlygrab

« Reply #776 on: March 04, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
every time someone takes this shit show serious enough to debate it. Alex Klien wins. more hate, less debate.

ianrussel

• Rep: 39
« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote
All you guys trying to give Klein the benefit of the doubt that this is some experiment are missing a big part of it- even if it is, he's still a prick. To ruin a franchise and exploit these kids who are skating their asses off and humiliating themselves to prove some contrived point of a master's thesis is the epitome of selfishness. Those kids aren't toys to be manipulated.
Also, some are minors and doing experiments which cause trauma or are targeted towards manipulating minors will not get IRB approval, so its not anyway.
[close]

I was actually going to say this exact same thing.

And I concur. A Jenkem interview with Alex Klein would be interesting.

We reached out to Klein recently.. Still waiting to hear back. If anyone is friends with him tell him to get in touch with us. ([email protected])

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #778 on: March 04, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
every time someone takes this shit show serious enough to debate it. Alex Klien wins. more hate, less debate.
Fine. It was all a set up anyway so its moot. The key thing is that poor Mikey was made to look like a chump so the producers (aka Alex Klein) would get more drama, which is really stupid

flipsandgrinds

• Rep: -1
« Reply #779 on: March 04, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »
why didn't they upload the new episode, too much hate?  ::)