Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234863 times)

VictoriousOG

Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #900 on: March 14, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »
My cousin watches some tattoo show called Ink Master or something of the sorts and it literally reminds me of this years OIAM, shit sucks.

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #901 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
Apparently some people are� saying that those dudes are now claiming that they were just making fun of reality shows.

Ok, that's fair.

Still fucking lame as shit.

Wouldn't you say that too? Especially after all of the negative feedback these episodes have received? I mean, if Lurker Lou and everyone else got pissed at Alex Klein during the filming of the episodes, that tells you they weren't in on the joke and were really upset about their role in OIAM and how it was playing out. That doesn't seem like parody to me.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #902 on: March 14, 2012, 07:24:02 PM »
Its still not funny even if it was. The argument is invalid before you even get into facts, because if they played those kids like that, it would be super lame. Also, hasn't the fake reality show thing been done to death anyway? There was that Joe Millionaire show or something where they claimed he was a millionaire even though he was poor as fuck to fuck with gold diggers, and I'm pretty sure I've seen prank shows do the fake reality show audtion/pilot episodes before, on a more straight level, America's most smartest model on VH1 openly mocked the contestants, who either didn't get it or just didn't give a fuck. So it wouldn't be funny, and to take a legit series like that and fuck it up, all while fucking with a genuinely nice, hard skating group of kids isn't cool anyway. So even if it was fake, it would be lame. Its not, and its still lame.

And to whoever was asking why they didn't skate the park super hard- its what, day 3? They've been skating hard that entire time, including a late night day one,  are sleeping on the floor of a warehouse and are hoping to keep it going for another several days. In the past they eliminated based on multiple days of footage or stupid shit like high ollie contests, and its a shitty little indoor park, why the fuck would they press it too much? The whole contest is regular. Use your goddamned brain.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ontheswarm

« Reply #903 on: March 14, 2012, 07:34:33 PM »
Expand Quote
HOW COULD THIS BE ANY LAMER
[close]
i couldn't be more bummed on this years oiam

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #904 on: March 14, 2012, 07:36:16 PM »
it's really depressing watching these as they come out.� i know what's coming, but it is always put together in the most ridiculous, embarrassing way.� i don't regret being a part of it, because i'm homies with all the kids now--they were all cool as fuck--but god damn, this shit sucks.

if they use all the footage i know they have of joseph that night for the next episode, it will be fucking amazing.� dude is legendary
Yeah, people don't even know how good that kid is! I have seen comments about how they haven't even seen him skate much so it is understandable. He is one of the most naturally talented skaters I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 07:43:02 PM by happenstance »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #905 on: March 14, 2012, 07:45:18 PM »
Its still not funny even if it was. The argument is invalid before you even get into facts, because if they played those kids like that, it would be super lame. Also, hasn't the fake reality show thing been done to death anyway? There was that Joe Millionaire show or something where they claimed he was a millionaire even though he was poor as fuck to fuck with gold diggers, and I'm pretty sure I've seen prank shows do the fake reality show audtion/pilot episodes before, on a more straight level, America's most smartest model on VH1 openly mocked the contestants, who either didn't get it or just didn't give a fuck. So it wouldn't be funny, and to take a legit series like that and fuck it up, all while fucking with a genuinely nice, hard skating group of kids isn't cool anyway. So even if it was fake, it would be lame. Its not, and its still lame.

And to whoever was asking why they didn't skate the park super hard- its what, day 3? They've been skating hard that entire time, including a late night day one,  are sleeping on the floor of a warehouse and are hoping to keep it going for another several days. In the past they eliminated based on multiple days of footage or stupid shit like high ollie contests, and its a shitty little indoor park, why the fuck would they press it too much? The whole contest is regular. Use your goddamned brain.
haha anyone with the talent those dudes have could at least manage to produce some clips at the park for the sake of having come through with footage. you're an idiot to think that they would have to skate hard to get clips at a skatepark. especially since dudes like tyler and adam weren't even considered for elimination and the only examples of clips they got were on a hip, surely doing tricks that they did to warm up at their local skatepark every day. and you can't argue that the dudes were over the contest cause mikey looked super bummed to be eliminated. which means that he was still intending to win. which means that he has no excuse for being eliminated because he didn't come through with clips in a skatepark. that kennedy kid was smiling the whole time, but i'm pretty sure that's a nervous tick.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #906 on: March 14, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
haha anyone with the talent those dudes have could at least manage to produce some clips at the park for the sake of having come through with footage. you're an idiot to think that they would have to skate hard to get clips at a skatepark. especially since dudes like tyler and adam weren't even considered for elimination and the only examples of clips they got were on a hip, surely doing tricks that they did to warm up at their local skatepark every day. and you can't argue that the dudes were over the contest cause mikey looked super bummed to be eliminated. which means that he was still intending to win. which means that he has no excuse for being eliminated because he didn't come through with clips in a skatepark. that kennedy kid was smiling the whole time, but i'm pretty sure that's a nervous tick.

What do you mean he "didn't come through"?
You're saying that like he didn't do anything worthwhile, like he just bullshited the whole time.
Which he didn't.
And you said that they basically did warm up tricks, which i agree with cause most of them did.
But a blunt to nose stall and a back feeble on a rail in the rain are not warm up tricks.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #907 on: March 14, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »
rodney torres pushes switch mongo, he can no longer refer to "style" on a skateboard
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #908 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

And to whoever was asking why they didn't skate the park super hard- its what, day 3? They've been skating hard that entire time, including a late night day one, �are sleeping on the floor of a warehouse and are hoping to keep it going for another several days. In the past they eliminated based on multiple days of footage or stupid shit like high ollie contests, and its a shitty little indoor park, why the fuck would they press it too much? The whole contest is regular. Use your goddamned brain.
[close]
[close]

What do you mean he "didn't come through"?
You're saying that like he didn't do anything worthwhile, like he just bullshited the whole time.
Which he didn't.
And you said that they basically did warm up tricks, which i agree with cause most of them did.
But a blunt to nose stall and a back feeble on a rail in the rain are not warm up tricks.

true, but i never denied that mikey should've been the one to stay. you're right though, mikey doesn't really apply to my post since he was apparently going for quality shit and only managed to come up with two things, whereas kennedy apparently wasn't going for quality shit and still only managed to come up with "two ollies and a wallride." mikey definitely wasn't being lazy, but the thing is, mikey says in the end that he assumed it was him who would be eliminated because he didn't produce much, so you can't even argue that he thought he had done enough to stay. so if he expected himself to go home with the effort he produced, was he just over the contest and intentionally trying to be eliminated? then why the long face, mikey? if he knew that they were going to judge him based on how much he produced then i don't see why he would spend so much time on one trick unless he just didn't care about the contest anymore. it's possible that he realized that he blew it after it was all said and done though, so whatever.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #909 on: March 14, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »
Dude's why bicker? We can all agree this shit is gay/lame/wack/fucktarded as fuck! Here here.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #910 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »
How does the head of 5boro simultaneously act like a complete douchenugget and release a super sick vid of raw street skating? (Join or Die; if you haven't seen it, please go do so now (SPOILER: THE ONLY CLIP STEVE HAS IN IT IS A WALLRIDE))

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #911 on: March 14, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »
good thing steve dropped join or die during these episodes or he would be in deeper shit. and mikey hayHOOD was probably given the most coverage/interview time out of all of them and seemed to actually give a shit about the contest. but at this point who really cares about anything that happens, this whole contest has been a joke from the first episode.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:23:25 PM by Da Worst »

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #912 on: March 14, 2012, 11:25:47 PM »
Why wouldn't they mention that guy who did the crazy fast/long bank ride? I don't hate the judges, they are obviously not good at talking and are being put in a pressure situation, which makes them phrase things awkwardly. Like the fucking movie rick mccrank was in, skaters are not good at much on camera besides skating(a few exceptions obviously)

It was funny how mikey got shit for not skating cuz you gotta get ahead or something, when they gave him shit for one upping the day before. I can't stand listening to him talk though, glad he's gone.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #913 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »
My cousin watches some tattoo show called Ink Master or something of the sorts and it literally reminds me of this years OIAM, shit sucks.

Haha, yeah the Ink Master show was 100% the standard reality-tv-skill-contest format. "Please pack your knives...I mean... tattoo machine? Yeah, pack that and go"

This thing is trying to do it, but failing. It could, maybe, be true that they were trying to do a parody, but copying something badly is not a parody. That's like saying Klein did a parody of directing.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #914 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:56 AM »
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

PsychOut

« Reply #915 on: March 15, 2012, 12:49:29 AM »
that kid did 2 "O's" then did a wallride

anyone else here think that 5boro guy has the biggest jaw ever? god i hate that guys face

im glad that kid that says "Like Like Like Like Like Like um yeah Like Like Like" is gone

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #916 on: March 15, 2012, 02:29:12 AM »
needs more lil wayne.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #917 on: March 15, 2012, 02:31:46 AM »
needs more lil wayne.

yup, he now "shreds for keenan"
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #918 on: March 15, 2012, 02:36:48 AM »
I would think doing just two ollies and a wallride would guarantee you a crowned first place and eternal sponsorship in a SLAP contest judged by a guy in a 5boro shirt.

no fun

• Rep: 32
« Reply #919 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »
it's really depressing watching these as they come out.� i know what's coming, but it is always put together in the most ridiculous, embarrassing way.� i don't regret being a part of it, because i'm homies with all the kids now--they were all cool as fuck--but god damn, this shit sucks.
Are you and Dean BFF's?
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #920 on: March 15, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
I don?t wanna buy any 5Boro Boards after this, 5Boro can?t be a legit company with this guy over there....

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #921 on: March 15, 2012, 03:15:08 AM »
I don?t wanna buy any 5Boro Boards after this, 5Boro can?t be a legit company with this guy over there....

The fact that you've thought 5boro is legit up to this point just proves that this guy knows exactly what his doing. Marketing is the most important thing in skateboarding, you know? That, and having lines in your sponsor me tape. Oh yeah, and taking your board with you to the elimination, it's a skateboarding competition after all.

Those are the 3 most important things in skateboarding. Oh, and crayon skills... and skating smarter instead of harder.... Come to think about it, I don't think I've actually known anything about skateboarding before this show. It has really changed my life.

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #922 on: March 15, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »
The fact that you've thought 5boro is legit up to this point just proves that this guy knows exactly what his doing. Marketing is the most important thing in skateboarding, you know? That, and having lines in your sponsor me tape. Oh yeah, and taking your board with you to the elimination, it's a skateboarding competition after all.

Those are the 3 most important things in skateboarding. Oh, and crayon skills... and skating smarter instead of harder.... Come to think about it, I don't think I've actually known anything about skateboarding before this show. It has really changed my life.

Oh yeah it will change my skating ....
And i have to get a Element high jump bar and a few barrels to jump over.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #923 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:52 AM »
i hope there is a "don't get mad at the park challenge " where they pack that entire vans house with 5000 scooter kids.
the first one to freak out is the next to be eliminated and (maybe) get his board focused.

foureyedjim

« Reply #924 on: March 15, 2012, 03:39:08 AM »
i hope there is a "don't get mad at the park challenge " where they pack that entire vans house with 5000 scooter kids.
the first one to freak out is the next to be eliminated and (maybe) get his board focused.

focused by the youngest scooter kid at the park

burm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #925 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:29 AM »
Yeah I'd like to see someone win the Dew Tour without drinking Mountain Dew, psshh  ::)

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #926 on: March 15, 2012, 03:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

focused by the youngest scooter kid at the park
...Who will actually focus it first try, unlike Lou.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #927 on: March 15, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, yeah the Ink Master show was 100% the standard reality-tv-skill-contest format. "Please pack your knives...I mean... tattoo machine? Yeah, pack that and go"

This thing is trying to do it, but failing. It could, maybe, be true that they were trying to do a parody, but copying something badly is not a parody. That's like saying Klein did a parody of directing.

Holy shit, Burm - you had my dying with laughter here.

I'd like to see a compilation video of Lou's failed attempts at focusing at the end of the series. Who knows - he might actually focus one next week - I'm pulling for you, Lou.

Greg Kolls

• Rep: 0
« Reply #928 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:54 AM »
Not condoning his behavior, but I guess he had to bring his board in-case he got eliminated? I'd probably try avoid letting a dickhead focus my board.

Expand Quote
[close]

trannies and mannies

« Reply #929 on: March 15, 2012, 08:45:49 AM »
I would rather watch kennedy's "two ollies and a wallride" than any of mikey's tricks. sorry.