Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234870 times)

InternetDaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1050 on: March 28, 2012, 07:00:34 AM »
Why the blue grip?
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #1051 on: March 28, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »
Why the blue grip?
Yeah I thought something was wrong with my monitor but no, pre-gripped with blue grip tape.... must be a CCS thing. I liked that the one guy focus it, even if it's mighty wasteful of him.

Dean is my favorite for sure, even if his calfs look scary to me. I'd have to see an edit of all his footage at the end to decide if his my favorite to win the competition, but he's my favorite in general anyways.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

victor333

« Reply #1052 on: March 28, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
Why did "Lurker Lou" pop up when that guy did that trick?

Why is the film quality so shitty? When they panned out with the wide angle, it looked beautiful...Then they went back to fisheye and I thought my eyes broke

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1053 on: March 28, 2012, 07:41:40 AM »
Board fucus = the beginning of the rebellion?

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:52 AM »
best episode yet. enjoyed the crowded street lines. looks too fun. board set up contest was less wack then the other contests but still dumb none the less. that was rad when he focused the board haha
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:02:30 AM by myles. »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
Why did "Lurker Lou" pop up when that guy did that trick?

???

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #1056 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:31 AM »
that faggot can't kickflip?

oh and WAY too much skating in this episode.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1057 on: March 28, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
why does it say lurker lou for the dudes (switch?) nosegrind on that ledge?

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1058 on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »
Cairo and the contestants all looked super bummed when he was telling them the challenge info.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #1059 on: March 28, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
why does it say lurker lou for the dudes (switch?) nosegrind on that ledge?
Editing kerfuffle.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1060 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »
geez, really hope someone got fired for that one  ;)

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1061 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »
sad to say but i suck at kickflips for the same reason that kid does

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #1062 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:15 AM »
It doesn't matter because mandible will make his own edit after they're done uploading new episodes.

Though I have to say, I'm really excited for OIAM Canada next year, hosted by Rawb.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #1063 on: March 28, 2012, 11:33:00 AM »
CORNDOG!

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1064 on: March 28, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »
alex conn did the switch nosegrind.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

commie

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1065 on: March 28, 2012, 11:45:01 AM »
sad to say but i suck at kickflips for the same reason that kid does

Yeah, same here. People just assumed that the kickflip is the easiest flip trick for everyone.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1066 on: March 28, 2012, 12:28:44 PM »
kickflip support group

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #1067 on: March 28, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
To help clear up the beer issue - in australia where beerkeg lives light beer does have less alcohol. There is also midstrength
Beers. They cost less then regular beers.

oneshovel

« Reply #1068 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
1st half recap:

People sure love fakie flipping in lines these days.
That ollie up double hippy jump was the coolest shit I've seen at those benches.
Tyler's productivity has gone up 1000%.
The filming reminds me of the Weekendtage clip where he deliberately gets ass shots.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1069 on: March 28, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »
"So you guys excited?!"
*no sounds made, kids eyes dart around as they avoid eye contact.
I like Josh Kasnicka more and more every episode. Gnarly, creative, and generally fun to watch.

Who gives a shit what Lurker Lou's side is on why he sold out and acted like a total prick the entire time, its not about WHY he did it, its the fact that he did. He's a pathetic east coast fame whore. Its not about him being mean, or a good or bad skater, or good or bad at focusing decks, he's just a loser who is desperate to be a famous skateboarder and was willing to say and do totally lame things either because he was lame and thought doing those things were cool, or because he was lame and was willing to make a complete fucking ass of himself on this show for either fame or money. Either way, the shit talking is properly justified no matter what he says.
 You wanted to be famous Lurker Lou?
Guess what?
 Everybody knows you as One in a Million douchebag and will probably remember you as that for years.
Nice job of making the east coast look like it is full of shit people who will do anything for a buck.
I'm not hating, I'm just being truthful, as "Lurker" Lou claims he likes to be.

The beer conversation going on here is epicly regular. What are you guys homeless or 14? Do you really need to be sure that a beer you have has the highest alcohol content possible? They do make this shit called liquor you know, it usually is about 40% alcohol, and all you gotta drink are a couple gulps and you'll be wasted.
If you want this whole argument put simply- any beer will get you drunk eventually, so who gives a fuck what alcohol percentage it has, and Coors light tastes like dirty water and puts money into the pocket of hardcore right wing assholes
I just wanted to point this out as people talk shit on the weed smoking threads all the time, but the conversations are far less stupid.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1070 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
"So you guys excited?!"
*no sounds made, kids eyes dart around as they avoid eye contact.
I like Josh Kasnicka more and more every episode. Gnarly, creative, and generally fun to watch.

Who gives a shit what Lurker Lou's side is on why he sold out and acted like a total prick the entire time, its not about WHY he did it, its the fact that he did. He's a pathetic east coast fame whore. Its not about him being mean, or a good or bad skater, or good or bad at focusing decks, he's just a loser who is desperate to be a famous skateboarder and was willing to say and do totally lame things either because he was lame and thought doing those things were cool, or because he was lame and was willing to make a complete fucking ass of himself on this show for either fame or money. Either way, the shit talking is properly justified no matter what he says.
 You wanted to be famous Lurker Lou?
Guess what?
 Everybody knows you as One in a Million douchebag and will probably remember you as that for years.
Nice job of making the east coast look like it is full of shit people who will do anything for a buck.
I'm not hating, I'm just being truthful, as "Lurker" Lou claims he likes to be.

I'm not trying to sucked into whatever bullshit internet argument you're trying to spark, but what the fuck does any of that have to do with the East Coast? So you think he's an asshole... so he's an East Coast asshole?

To be a dude who adamantly calls out any racism you see on Slap, you sure do make a lot of sweeping generalizations about mass groups of people based on a few you don't like.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1071 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »
Name another region of the world that constantly says they deserve more credit than they get and that they are actually the best? The amount of east coast shit talking I saw before this contest about how nobody was going to be able to skate any of the spots because the east coast is so rough was ridiculous. The amount of shit talking I see from east coasters who claim that the west is bullshit because the spots are so soft is ridiculous. You know damn well if the calfornia kids were refusing to skate the spots the east coast  losers would talk hella shit. It didn't turn out like that though, did it?
Are all east coast people like this? No.
Do you see this type of obnoxious arrogance anywhere else in the world? Also NO.

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
Name another region of the world that constantly says they deserve more credit than they get and that they are actually the best? The amount of east coast shit talking I saw before this contest about how nobody was going to be able to skate any of the spots because the east coast is so rough was ridiculous. The amount of shit talking I see from east coasters who claim that the west is bullshit because the spots are so soft is ridiculous. You know damn well if the calfornia kids were refusing to skate the spots the east coast  losers would talk hella shit. It didn't turn out like that though, did it?
Do you see this type of obnoxious arrogance anywhere else in the world? Also NO.

I mean, maybe that shit exists some, but I've heard you, and lots of other people on Slap, talk way more shit about the east coast than I ever have of anyone about the west...and I live on the fucking east coast!

Do I see this kind of obnoxious arrogance anywhere else in the world? Have you looked in a mirror lately? I'm not so much talking shit, I agree with a lot of what you write on Slap, but you are the definition of obnoxious arrogance. You put your opinions out there with as much, if not more, bravado and false-infallibility than any "east coast shit talker" that you're trying to call out. It's the same fucking thing.

Kristi Yamaguchi

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1073 on: March 28, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »

Now you know you're full of shit dude!

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #1074 on: March 28, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
I thought the nollie 360 in the crowd of people was the coolest thing. they shoulda made them grip their boards, that shit separates the men from the boys

im probably lying

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #1075 on: March 28, 2012, 03:39:12 PM »

The beer conversation going on here is epicly regular. What are you guys homeless or 14? Do you really need to be sure that a beer you have has the highest alcohol content possible? They do make this shit called liquor you know, it usually is about 40% alcohol, and all you gotta drink are a couple gulps and you'll be wasted.
If you want this whole argument put simply- any beer will get you drunk eventually, so who gives a fuck what alcohol percentage it has, and Coors light tastes like dirty water and puts money into the pocket of hardcore right wing assholes
I just wanted to point this out as people talk shit on the weed smoking threads all the time, but the conversations are far less stupid.
I agree with you up to there. I expect my beer to have a certain level of alcohol. I make my own beer and I find it unacceptable, as in I've fucked up, if its under 4.5%. I feel that beer brewed to a certain style should have a level of alcohol to it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1076 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean, maybe that shit exists some, but I've heard you, and lots of other people on Slap, talk way more shit about the east coast than I ever have of anyone about the west...and I live on the fucking east coast!

Do I see this kind of obnoxious arrogance anywhere else in the world? Have you looked in a mirror lately? I'm not so much talking shit, I agree with a lot of what you write on Slap, but you are the definition of obnoxious arrogance. You put your opinions out there with as much, if not more, bravado and false-infallibility than any "east coast shit talker" that you're trying to call out. It's the same fucking thing.
When have I told people that the west coast is sooooo much harder than the east? When have I said I only care about skaters from the west coast? When have I claimed that if people from the east came out west they couldn't do shit? That's all you hear from east coast kids. Do you want me to dig up the original thread about this OIAM and how it would be in NYC? Every kid from the east coast said the kids wouldn't be able to do shit, but they have, so now you are all getting defensive and trying to blame others for your stupid predictions.

I am arrogant as fuck, no doubt, but when I said "this type of arrogance" I meant it. I don't have that special NYC chip-on-the-shoulder arrogance, the one that demands pity and respect simultaneously, this sort of uncle rico "I could have been the greatest but was unfairly passed over" mentality which is what epitomizes every one of the regular judges on this show.
Here's the harsh truth: People who live in NYC aren't any harder than people who live anywhere else.
Sure, there are arrogant people on the west coast, in the south, the midwest, and even in other countries (there are other countries...right?) but there is a special east coast arrogance
And y'all gotta be crazy if you think east coasters don't hate on anywhere else btw.

Expand Quote

[close]
I agree with you up to there. I expect my beer to have a certain level of alcohol. I make my own beer and I find it unacceptable, as in I've fucked up, if its under 4.5%. I feel that beer brewed to a certain style should have a level of alcohol to it.
Ok, I'll give you that. Brewers have a different relationship with beer though. That shit is a craft for sure.

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1077 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »

I am arrogant as fuck, no doubt, but when I said "this type of arrogance" I meant it. I don't have that special NYC chip-on-the-shoulder arrogance, the one that demands pity and respect simultaneously, this sort of uncle rico "I could have been the greatest but was unfairly passed over" mentality which is what epitomizes every one of the regular judges on this show.
Here's the harsh truth: People who live in NYC aren't any harder than people who live anywhere else.
Sure, there are arrogant people on the west coast, in the south, the midwest, and even in other countries (there are other countries...right?) but there is a special east coast arrogance
And y'all gotta be crazy if you think east coasters don't hate on anywhere else btw.

Again, these are broad, sweeping generalizations based on your fragmented experiences with "east coast" dudes (mostly on an internet web forum, it seems?), which you claim disgusts you in one breath, then you exhibit yourself in another. I guess it just depends on the subject matter.

I said I wasn't gonna take the argument bait, so I'll bow out on this one.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1078 on: March 28, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
Yeah, where are you getting your experiences from, Gip? Slap, Ricky Oyola's Epicly Later'd and an interview with Bobby Puleo? Having spent a quarter of my life skateboarding in New York and a quarter of my life skating in L.A., people on the west coast seem to complain a lot more about their situation that east coasters. How there is so much traffic, no place to skate during the week, every spot is "blown out". I was at Stoner Park a couple days ago and a group of men, not some 15 or 16 years old, but men in the mid to late 20's were complaining that is was overcast and that is was "too cold for a t-shirt but too hot for a sweatshirt". Also at Stoner that day was Chris Roberts... I know his "shit skateboarders say" video was a joke... but it was also funny because it was true.

I'm not saying people on the east coast don't complain, but the most common shit I saw when watching video or looking at a magazine was closer to "fuck, that spot looks so sick! I wish we had that" and not "fuck those dudes and their perfects spots. They couldn't do shit out here"

One area we can agree on though is Lurker Lou and how fucking stupid he is coming off.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1079 on: March 28, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »
lol at the amount of caring there is for lurker lou. you guys act like you never seen a skater make an ass out of himself. the dudes a clown just laugh at him. dont assume lou's attitude is the average new yorker