Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234852 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1080 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
that was cool how lou dropped 50lbs and shaved to get one clip. he's really dedicated.

i haven't finished this "episode" (i would call it an episode in the same way bipolar people have them) because ride videos take like an hour and a half to load, so i don't know how off the rails the challenge bullshit gets.

and gipper, come on. you see this arrogance anytime anyone from europe, or who is a freshman in college, talks about "fat americans."

also you were doing the same thing.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #1081 on: March 28, 2012, 05:31:16 PM »
The episode was rad up to the point that they announced the "ccs board set up challenge". That shit was beyond fucking stupid. Corndog is my hero for focusing his board though.

smellyfart

« Reply #1082 on: March 28, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
The episode was rad up to the point that they announced the "ccs board set up challenge". That shit was beyond fucking stupid. Corndog is my hero for focusing his board though.
corndog all the way.

teets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1083 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:57 PM »
do any of you kids think Steve, Cardiel or Lou had any idea how fucking stupid this years OIAM was going to be when they were offered the job? NOPE. they signed a contract and are now being pulled through the mud. you keep acting like they're hyped to be there...watch everybody's body language (pause) and tell me they're not over this whole thing. Lou tries to fight the fucking producer and everyone walks off the show by the end, so if you think these guys dont agree with the collective groans about how shitty this whole debacle turned out to be, youre fuckin trippin.

whiney little feggits, talkin shit like you now a god damned thing. I'm just as bad for putting my two cents into such a pointless arguement, but cmon son...

TEAM LOU
Babe.
Fam.

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1084 on: March 28, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
do any of you kids think Steve, Cardiel or Lou had any idea how fucking stupid this years OIAM was going to be when they were offered the job? NOPE. they signed a contract and are now being pulled through the mud. you keep acting like they're hyped to be there...watch everybody's body language (pause) and tell me they're not over this whole thing. Lou tries to fight the fucking producer and everyone walks off the show by the end, so if you think these guys dont agree with the collective groans about how shitty this whole debacle turned out to be, youre fuckin trippin.

whiney little feggits, talkin shit like you now a god damned thing. I'm just as bad for putting my two cents into such a pointless arguement, but cmon son...

TEAM LOU
Who the fuck told you to speak boy.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1085 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »
yeah! all you little feggits don't now anything
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #1086 on: March 28, 2012, 10:10:45 PM »
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
« Reply #1087 on: March 29, 2012, 06:42:33 AM »
thread is getting lamer while episodes are getting tighter

interesting...

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1088 on: March 29, 2012, 07:36:59 AM »
Do you see this type of obnoxious arrogance anywhere else in the world? Also NO.
Expand Quote

Are you fuckin' serious right now
[close]
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1089 on: March 29, 2012, 08:43:38 AM »
Expand Quote

I am arrogant as fuck, no doubt, but when I said "this type of arrogance" I meant it. I don't have that special NYC chip-on-the-shoulder arrogance, the one that demands pity and respect simultaneously, this sort of uncle rico "I could have been the greatest but was unfairly passed over" mentality which is what epitomizes every one of the regular judges on this show.
Here's the harsh truth: People who live in NYC aren't any harder than people who live anywhere else.
Sure, there are arrogant people on the west coast, in the south, the midwest, and even in other countries (there are other countries...right?) but there is a special east coast arrogance
And y'all gotta be crazy if you think east coasters don't hate on anywhere else btw.

[close]

Again, these are broad, sweeping generalizations based on your fragmented experiences with "east coast" dudes (mostly on an internet web forum, it seems?), which you claim disgusts you in one breath, then you exhibit yourself in another. I guess it just depends on the subject matter.

I said I wasn't gonna take the argument bait, so I'll bow out on this one.

Nice work, Via. I agree.

mike hunt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1090 on: March 29, 2012, 09:13:05 AM »
seems like most folks on this thread need t stop bitching, put down the beers and go learn how to do a fucking kickflip...

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #1091 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »
seems like most folks on this thread need t stop bitching, put down the beers and go learn how to do a fucking kickflip...

Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion, man.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1092 on: March 29, 2012, 09:27:43 AM »
I can setup my board faster than everyone. I got this....YES!!!!!

but ...can't kickflip?!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1093 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »

TEAM LOU
My last post must have been deleted. Were they slaves or employees? They chose money over respect, and now they have to live with their decision.

As for you guys saying I haven't been to the east coast, I go there regularly. Can an of you explain why I am wrong? Why is it the east coast is the only region in the U.S. that has special teams that only put on east coasters? Why is it a region that is filled with marble and smoothly paved sidewalks, but always bitches about how "rough" the spots are. The spots in the midwest are 1000 times rougher, but nobody says a damned thing about it, just east coasters. Then when people from away from the coast skate there, they kill it
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1094 on: March 29, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
yeah! all you little feggits don't now anything

hehe.  i'm imagining some East Coast dad with a moustache and baseball jacket saying that (preferably with a toothpick in his mouth too)
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #1095 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »
Expand Quote

TEAM LOU
[close]
My last post must have been deleted. Were they slaves or employees? They chose money over respect, and now they have to live with their decision.

As for you guys saying I haven't been to the east coast, I go there regularly. Can an of you explain why I am wrong? Why is it the east coast is the only region in the U.S. that has special teams that only put on east coasters? Why is it a region that is filled with marble and smoothly paved sidewalks, but always bitches about how "rough" the spots are. The spots in the midwest are 1000 times rougher, but nobody says a damned thing about it, just east coasters. Then when people from away from the coast skate there, they kill it
Gip, is there some part of this messageboard where people from the east coast are regularly talking about this, or is this a lumped together argument that you keep dredging up from years back? I don't see anybody on here talking about the east coast like it's some third world country except for you man. A "region filled with marble and smoothly paved sidewalks" is Washington D.C. You can just say the city names man (or in this case, district).

I don't really know of any teams that are east coast exclusive as you say, as if it's some sort of bias against good skaters in the west. I think what you're confusing, is that the skate industry is centered in California, so naturally, the bigger brands are in California. The bigger brands can afford to put talent on their teams, and fly that talent to and fro as needed. Whereas the brands located in the east coast, are primarily regional brands, and can only afford to retain riders who are based in the same cities and/or would have cheaper transportation coasts to get them where they need to go. It's not like 5boro is in anyway biased against non-east skaters. They've had Japanese and Brazilian skaters on their team for years. I think your only company that's even close to what you're picturing is Traffic - and even then, they aren't biased, they're small budgeted. Do you have a specific company in mind that legit has a sore spot about skaters that aren't from the "east coast"?

Sorry bud, I love you and I'll always be there for you, but why you gotta do us like this homie?  :'(

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1096 on: March 29, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
Really? D.C. is the only place with smooth pavement and marble? Is Manhattan the midwest now?
Also, I am referring back to the original "OIAM is going to be in NYC!" thread where half the posts were about how west coast kids were going to come to New York and sit on their asses half the time because they couldn't skate the super rough east coast spots, and also the real world outside of the message board.
As for why I have to do you like that? Shit man, finals then spring break. I'm sitting in a room all day and occasionally saying "eyes on your own papers only please." I'm bored and feel like boiling some blood, so I figured it would be fun to see if anybody who was claiming NYC was too raw for people from the west coast still want to defend that point. Guess not.

jackherer

« Reply #1097 on: March 29, 2012, 11:56:29 AM »
so are you just bitter and angry on slap all the time because all you were able to do with your life is become a teacher?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1098 on: March 29, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »
i grew up in Orange County and the skating there is about as raw as it gets
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1099 on: March 29, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
Really? D.C. is the only place with smooth pavement and marble? Is Manhattan the midwest now?
Also, I am referring back to the original "OIAM is going to be in NYC!" thread where half the posts were about how west coast kids were going to come to New York and sit on their asses half the time because they couldn't skate the super rough east coast spots, and also the real world outside of the message board.
As for why I have to do you like that? Shit man, finals then spring break. I'm sitting in a room all day and occasionally saying "eyes on your own papers only please." I'm bored and feel like boiling some blood, so I figured it would be fun to see if anybody who was claiming NYC was too raw for people from the west coast still want to defend that point. Guess not.

Maybe you should address that to the people who said it, not to people who never shared that viewpoint in the first place. I'm proud of the east, but half of my skate family lives in SF. I love the Bay. It's my favorite place to visit. But I never had a sense of "fuck you west coast guy" til you said "east coast loosers.".

Whatevs. I still like most of your posts.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1100 on: March 29, 2012, 12:15:32 PM »
^ Fuck you, I spelled losers right. I am addressing the messageboard where the point appeared and seeing who will come forward and still defend it.

oh, and  I could talk shit about any other region and they wouldn't get as butthurt and defensive. I talk constant shit on Southerners, Europeans, and Arizona people and they deal with it. East coasters flip out and try to argue me down instead of ignoring it and realizing that their impression of the place they live is the only one that matters.

so are you just bitter and angry on slap all the time because all you were able to do with your life is become a teacher?
You are named after a strain of weed. The shit you talk about others, especially their accomplishments, is invalid. I guarantee I have a better job than you, and there is no greater accomplishment than teaching youth.

victor333

« Reply #1101 on: March 29, 2012, 12:22:16 PM »
God...you guys write so much. It's like a fucking dissertation...

I'm not reading all that shit

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1102 on: March 29, 2012, 12:23:49 PM »
^ Fuck you, I spelled losers right. I am addressing the messageboard where the point appeared and seeing who will come forward and still defend it.

oh, and  I could talk shit about any other region and they wouldn't get as butthurt and defensive. I talk constant shit on Southerners, Europeans, and Arizona people and they deal with it. East coasters flip out and try to argue me down instead of ignoring it and realizing that their impression of the place they live is the only one that matters.

Oh, you!

jackherer

« Reply #1103 on: March 29, 2012, 12:24:10 PM »
lol i just wanted to see how mad you would get...but im on my 2nd year of law school, already did 4 in uni... ill be a defense lawyer pretty soon, so you can bring up my user name all you want if it's any consolation to you, but that won't change the fact that ill be making a lot more money than you.... actually i probably already do, not that it really matters anyway.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1104 on: March 29, 2012, 12:33:08 PM »
Of course somebody stupid enough to go into LAW for the money would think I am ashamed of my job...Keep talking and I'll Diego Menenddez your dreams with pleasure.

jackherer

« Reply #1105 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »
lol, it just seems weird to me that someone that goes to such great lengths to prove their intellect on a skate forum would be content with being a teacher....of course there's the possibility that you are not as smart as think, and you simply could not have made it in more intellectually demanding professions such as medicine, engineering, or....law! so you went into teaching and rationalize it to yourself with bullshit statements like "there is nothing more rewarding than teaching youth"

did i go into law for the money? yeah, I did, and I'm sure as shit not ashamed of that. But my sister went into medicine, and not for the money. she moved to africa and is working with Medicins sans frontiers..just to show you an example of what people who are actually intelligent, and also want rewarding jobs can do... what im trying to say is, if you were half as smart as you think you are, you would not have wasted away your potential teaching...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1106 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
Going into law for the money? hahahahahahahahahaha. SO stupid.
Also, I've never said I am smart or think I am. Others think I am smart, and jealous cats claim I push the idea on people, when actually people just say I am based on what they read. Are you mad nobody says you are smart?
Oh, and how does it feel to always lose arguments to people with no legal training after 2 years of law school? I would be pretty embarrassed.

jackherer

« Reply #1107 on: March 29, 2012, 01:16:38 PM »
Going into law for the money? hahahahahahahahahaha. SO stupid.
Also, I've never said I am smart or think I am. Others think I am smart, and jealous cats claim I push the idea on people, when actually people just say I am based on what they read. Are you mad nobody says you are smart?
Oh, and how does it feel to always lose arguments to people with no legal training after 2 years of law school? I would be pretty embarrassed.

No, who are you trying to kid? You obviously think you are smart, it does not matter if you haven't explicitly stated it. I base that on not only the tone of your posts, but on the often ridiculous length of your posts.

And what arguments have I lost exactly? We are not arguing anything here. That is the difference between me and you, I've put effort where it counts, and that has resulted in me basically going to university for free, and having a guaranteed job at a law firm upon graduation. You have put all your effort into meaningless "arguments" on the internet, and that is why you are only a teacher, and I will be a lawyer, making substantially more money than you. You can say that teaching is the greatest job in the world all you want, but I have yet to meet someone who had the grades to get into law school (or medicine, engineering...whatever) who turned those options down to pursue a career in teaching.

Anyways, I have to go offline now, and chances are I won't be interested in this thing here that you think constitutes an argument come tomorrow morning. So just remember, winning arguments on the internet won't make you more successful or intelligent than me, no matter how hard you try to believe it. Just like "losing" this "argument" by leaving won't make me any less of a successful soon-to-be lawyer :)

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #1108 on: March 29, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #1109 on: March 29, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
What do I do when my teacher and my lawyer start fighting?