Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234905 times)

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1110 on: March 29, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Shut the fuck up jackherer, no one cares about your shitty life. you're a terrible poster regardless of your job.art hellman was a lawyer 5 years ago and wasn't a complete moron on here, so you can't use a stupid job as a fallback.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1111 on: March 29, 2012, 01:54:16 PM »
Going into law for the money? hahahahahahahahahaha. SO stupid.
Also, I've never said I am smart or think I am. Others think I am smart, and jealous cats claim I push the idea on people, when actually people just say I am based on what they read. Are you mad nobody says you are smart?
Oh, and how does it feel to always lose arguments to people with no legal training after 2 years of law school? I would be pretty embarrassed.

Man... I'm dating this girl right now that has the same exact delusional thinking as you. you live in L.A., right? Let me know if you want to me set you on a blind date with her when I grow tired of her bullshit. She's real cute and crazy in bed. You'll just have to deal with stupid comments like yours above on occasion.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

teets

• Rep: -23
« Reply #1112 on: March 29, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
East coast niggas are better than everyone else, and im living proof ya fackin mark...
Babe.
Fam.

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1113 on: March 29, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
My last post must have been deleted. Were they slaves or employees? They chose money over respect, and now they have to live with their decision.

As for you guys saying I haven't been to the east coast, I go there regularly. Can an of you explain why I am wrong? Why is it the east coast is the only region in the U.S. that has special teams that only put on east coasters? Why is it a region that is filled with marble and smoothly paved sidewalks, but always bitches about how "rough" the spots are. The spots in the midwest are 1000 times rougher, but nobody says a damned thing about it, just east coasters. Then when people from away from the coast skate there, they kill it
hahaha so your bitching about how people on the east coast brag about shitty ground, then you go and say the exact thing but for the midwest? Then you said they have special teams with only people from the eastcoast, care to name some? If your thinking 5boro and zoo york your wrong. dave abair is from CA, jordan trahan from CA, forrest kirby from FL, chaz chicago.
 ? 
These OIAM kids arent "killing NY" besides them skating every skatepark in the city they got almost all there street footage at the basic downtown go to spots. Im not saying NY is tougher to skate but with most spots being at big office buildings the chances of getting a trick with security at it and pedestrians everywhere are less then a cali schoolyard. And please show me where all these people are bragging about shitty ground.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:13:01 PM by Da Worst »

foureyedjim

« Reply #1114 on: March 29, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
Expand Quote
My last post must have been deleted. Were they slaves or employees? They chose money over respect, and now they have to live with their decision.

As for you guys saying I haven't been to the east coast, I go there regularly. Can an of you explain why I am wrong? Why is it the east coast is the only region in the U.S. that has special teams that only put on east coasters? Why is it a region that is filled with marble and smoothly paved sidewalks, but always bitches about how "rough" the spots are. The spots in the midwest are 1000 times rougher, but nobody says a damned thing about it, just east coasters. Then when people from away from the coast skate there, they kill it
[close]
hahaha so your bitching about how people on the east coast brag about shitty ground, then you go and say the exact thing but for the midwest? Then you said they have special teams with only people from the eastcoast, care to name some? If your thinking 5boro and zoo york your wrong. dave abair is from CA, jordan trahan from CA, forrest kirby from FL, chaz chicago.
 ? 
These OIAM kids arent "killing NY" besides them skating every skatepark in the city they got almost all there street footage at the basic downtown go to spots. Im not saying NY is tougher to skate but with most spots being at big office buildings the chances of getting a trick with security at it and pedestrians everywhere are less then a cali schoolyard. And please show me where all these people are bragging about shitty ground.

There are nice / shitty spots no matter where you go.  Can't we all agree on that?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1115 on: March 29, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
 ? 
[close]

There are nice / shitty spots no matter where you go.  Can't we all agree on that?

no
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #1116 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
 ?? 
pretty sure dave abair is from either maine or massachusetts

Councilman Doug

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1117 on: March 29, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
when does everybody walk off the show?

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #1118 on: March 29, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
Instead of immunity for being able to do some task that is cool (high ollie, quick board set up) but very minuscule on the path of becoming a pro skateboarder. They should instead offer a large product give away (im assuming that they only got free product that one time) for being able to do these tasks. That way it still makes the contest seem fair and it makes the guys there feel like they actual got something out of they poorly orchestrated contest. Because we all know that board companies aren't looking to hook someone up because they have good narration skills, their looking for someone with good footage, which they failed to show until the 9th episode.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1119 on: March 29, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
by the sound of the results they should re-name this year's show 'None in a million'

victor333

« Reply #1120 on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
by the sound of the results they should re-name this year's show 'None in a million'

*rimshot

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1121 on: March 29, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »
when does everybody walk off the show?

i'm kind of doubting that the producers are going to put that in the show.  while they may have walked off, and tough-guy Lurker Lou may have gotten in a fight, i will bet you they will use whatever footage they have to try and make it seem like a normal show
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #1122 on: March 29, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
^ Man, I hope not... seeing the implosion would be entertaining as fuck!

Also, east and west coast heads, come visit the dirty dirty! NOLA's pretty rough and fun, and Baton Rouge's downtown is just like a big skate plaza. Bonus: everything's cheaper here... and they're barely over an hour away from each other.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #1123 on: March 29, 2012, 10:50:18 PM »
Being from the East Coast and having skated the Gulf Coast (MS) pretty hard, I can whole heatedly say that the South does dwarf us on hard shit to skate. You guys have even less than us, worse ground, and insane humidity. Only up side you guys got is relatively mild winters. PS: I don't understand why there arn't more DIY spots on the Gulf Coast. After Katrina it seems like there are an endless supply of foundation spots in the form of leveled houses. We used to skate like people old steps and shit where there houses were, but I never saw anything get built.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:52:17 PM by Eschaton »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1124 on: March 30, 2012, 12:32:46 AM »
I'm just fucking around for the most part. New York, Philly, and DC are some of the sickest skate towns in the world. Philly had particularly cool skaters.
I still do find it funny a second year law student thnks he has a guaranteed job out of school though.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #1125 on: March 30, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »
A student boasting about the job he's going to have is pretty funny actually.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #1126 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:31 AM »
Of course somebody stupid enough to go into LAW for the money would think I am ashamed of my job...Keep talking and I'll Diego Menenddez your dreams with pleasure.

Ohhhh man, haven't heard that name in a while.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1127 on: March 30, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »
Reagan, have you read Taylor Mali's poem "What Teachers Make"? I feel like this would apply perfectly to that little spat earlier.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1128 on: March 30, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
i dont think its strictly because its in ny, but the footage hasnt been nearly as good this year. watching all those lines last episode was boring as fuck, i almost missed seeing the corniness

Brooklyn Zoo

• Rep: 42
« Reply #1129 on: March 30, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
I am referring back to the original "OIAM is going to be in NYC!" thread where half the posts were about how west coast kids were going to come to New York and sit on their asses half the time because they couldn't skate the super rough east coast spots

I think people meant or at least I did, that it would funny/interesting to see a cali/midwest rail and stair jumper or ledge dancer try and figure out a cellar door spot, but they didn't go to any of the "typical" east coast spots on the show, pretty much all the ones they went to that weren't skateparks have really nice ground and are pretty conventional spots. There have been times I would be showing cali people around and half of them would kill it on "urban spots" and the other half would be like "not for me" or "I dont got shit for this"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:36:30 AM by Brooklyn Zoo »
I cannot convey the hate clearly enough.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1130 on: March 30, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »
Reagan, have you read Taylor Mali's poem "What Teachers Make"? I feel like this would apply perfectly to that little spat earlier.
Yeah, they've shown us the def poetry jam reading of it every year at professional development meetings at the beginning of the year at both schools I've worked at. At first I thought it was cool, but after being forced to hear it so many times in rooms full of teachers I kind of find it cheesy.

A student boasting about the job he's going to have is pretty funny actually.

Especially in Law. This is an old article from a quick google job, but things haven't changed much since then:
http://www.professorbainbridge.com/professorbainbridgecom/2009/09/too-many-law-schools-and-too-many-lawyers.html

Law students DEFINITELY don't automatically get jobs. Not even close. If the kid is at year 2 and doesn't realize it he's probably fucked. At this point he should be working desperately to find a summer clerkship that MIGHT lead to a job if he kills it. Of course, a lot of defense lawyers do clerkships with the public defender's office, which is not really the road to riches. If he's just sitting there thinking about all the money he is "guaranteed" in a year he's probably not in the right mindset and is fucked.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #1131 on: March 30, 2012, 12:48:05 PM »
Even the "raw" street skating was lame, and I'm definately better as poor as I am than being any of those judges. It would be cool if the whole thing was intended to show kids that it is funnier to skate by/for yourself than trying to get sponsored through "marketing yourself, but it's nothing but a massive fail. Anyways that Finucan kid is pretty good.

That being said, I'm with Reagan in the teacher > lawyer thing.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1132 on: March 30, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Being from the East Coast and having skated the Gulf Coast (MS) pretty hard, I can whole heatedly say that the South does dwarf us on hard shit to skate. You guys have even less than us, worse ground, and insane humidity. Only up side you guys got is relatively mild winters. PS: I don't understand why there arn't more DIY spots on the Gulf Coast. After Katrina it seems like there are an endless supply of foundation spots in the form of leveled houses. We used to skate like people old steps and shit where there houses were, but I never saw anything get built.

my mom lives in the gulf coast region, has for the past ten years, and on my annual visits the areas are vastly different every time. i think the lack of DIY spots are because there aren't areas like being under a bridge or anything like that. everything is flat and far apart from each other. there aren't corners you can tuck something away under, you know? the areas are either pretty populated, or totally empty. there's also so much constant expansion and development that for things to be built in a practical, accessible area, they would disappear really quickly.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
Expand Quote
I am referring back to the original "OIAM is going to be in NYC!" thread where half the posts were about how west coast kids were going to come to New York and sit on their asses half the time because they couldn't skate the super rough east coast spots
[close]

I think people meant or at least I did, that it would funny/interesting to see a cali/midwest rail and stair jumper or ledge dancer try and figure out a cellar door spot, but they didn't go to any of the "typical" east coast spots on the show, pretty much all the ones they went to that weren't skateparks have really nice ground and are pretty conventional spots. There have been times I would be showing cali people around and half of them would kill it on "urban spots" and the other half would be like "not for me" or "I dont got shit for this"

The thing is, those spots are everywhere. I live in LA and raw spots like that exist out here too, but on the same token, NYC has plenty of amazing perfect ground spots. One thing to point out is that in the OIAM's in SF, they barely took them to any hill spots at all. Thats how these things work.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1134 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The thing is, those spots are everywhere. I live in LA and raw spots like that exist out here too, but on the same token, NYC has plenty of amazing perfect ground spots. One thing to point out is that in the OIAM's in SF, they barely took them to any hill spots at all. Thats how these things work.

Yeah  but it's the ratio of good to bad spots.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #1135 on: March 31, 2012, 03:02:00 AM »
fucking weird seeing dudes referring to the gipster as reagan

victor333

« Reply #1136 on: March 31, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »
Yea, I was gonna say aren't lawyers and such in really low demand right now? I've heard many people say law is a pretty shitty field to get into for the past few years

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1137 on: March 31, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
Ratio? NYC has more nice ledge spots than you could skate in a month. Go to San Francisco and try to skate a smooth plaza there. There aren't any.  NYC is not rough like people claim, but it is an amazing skate city.

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1138 on: March 31, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
FWIW, a few of my buddies said NYC roads/spots are pretty smooth for the most part compared to Pittsburgh.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1139 on: March 31, 2012, 07:04:11 PM »
Ratio? NYC has more nice ledge spots than you could skate in a month. Go to San Francisco and try to skate a smooth plaza there. There aren't any.  NYC is not rough like people claim, but it is an amazing skate city.

I mean the East Coast as a whole.  It's just environmental man, our streets are shittier due to weather.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok