Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234864 times)

anblue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2012, 07:31:48 AM »
im happy everyone on the show is coming to the conclusion that everythings as regular as it is, they should have just given each kid a filmer and let them free in the city and have them come back with whatever they got, but nope pizza challenge totally nyc
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2012, 07:57:27 AM »
Joseph dipping out with the pizza and beer was one of the funniest things on this show hahaha

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

foureyedjim

« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
I like how the judges had to hint how much they didn't like the show rather than just saying it.
Then the production company probably got all scared so they just dropped all the challenges and shit.  
Alex giving the camera guy the bird was pretty good hahah

looks like next week the guys are gonna start shitting on the camera crew (judging by how finucan was trying to skate away from a camera guy near the end).  I'm still interested in seeing how the production company would handle the end...

On another note, imagine the conversation with Matt when he came back
"hey man I haven't seen you in a long time, what have you been up to?"
"Oh, I've been out skating, having fun, not sleeping in a skatepark.  How about you guys?"
"FUUUUUCK"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:32:24 AM by foureyedjim »

earlygrab

« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
the judges throwing the kids under the bus is pretty lame.

Not one of those judges could say they would have done a single on of those challenges to jumpstart their careers. For them to say they expected these kids to do whatever makes the sponsors of the show happy is the definition of a sellout. Not backing any of these brands ever again. Except mountain dew, that shit is just to extreme to live without.

rob2

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
Billy rohan says "the kids just wanted to skate" as though it was a bad thing. I'm so confused in a contest that has been openly about marketing at times that the judges don't realise how much better the kids look in all of this than anyone else.

I don't understand why the judges were critical of the kids - it makes them look awful, why ar you defending RIDE/mountain dew/ alex klein etc when they are the ones that ruined the show and it was only the contestants that tried to save it by refusing to deliver empty pizza boxes.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1205 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
wait, what? they just skipped a whole day of skating.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1206 on: April 11, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
i love they show the quote saying the crew was falling apart then the clip of jon saying "what the fuck, man?"  too bad jon was yelling at the fucking HD filmers who didn't skate who were sneaking all up in their faces.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

foureyedjim

« Reply #1207 on: April 11, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »
Billy rohan says "the kids just wanted to skate" as though it was a bad thing. I'm so confused in a contest that has been openly about marketing at times that the judges don't realise how much better the kids look in all of this than anyone else.

I don't understand why the judges were critical of the kids - it makes them look awful, why ar you defending RIDE/mountain dew/ alex klein etc when they are the ones that ruined the show and it was only the contestants that tried to save it by refusing to deliver empty pizza boxes.

Most of them looked bummed.  Contractual obligations, probably.  Although I have to agree that Rohan didn't seem as understanding as the rest of the judges

i love they show the quote saying the crew was falling apart then the clip of jon saying "what the fuck, man?"  too bad jon was yelling at the fucking HD filmers who didn't skate who were sneaking all up in their faces.

I just assumed that's what he meant haha

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #1208 on: April 11, 2012, 10:32:53 AM »
Dont you hate it when kids wanna skate during a skate based contest? Fucking idiots.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1209 on: April 11, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Most of them looked bummed.  Contractual obligations, probably.  Although I have to agree that Rohan didn't seem as understanding as the rest of the judges

Expand Quote
[close]

I just assumed that's what he meant haha
[close]

contracts are a fucking bitch

I don't know if you can disclose any specific information, but how bad are the consequences if a judge decides to go against the contract? 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #1210 on: April 11, 2012, 11:04:45 AM »
wait, what? they just skipped a whole day of skating.

Did everybody go out skating before that stupid pizza challenge?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1211 on: April 11, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
always heard good things about Billy rohan , but every time he has a none skating clip he seems like such a cunt , or is it just me getting the wrong impression of him ?

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #1212 on: April 11, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »
Fuck.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1213 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
always heard good things about Billy rohan , but every time he has a none skating clip he seems like such a cunt , or is it just me getting the wrong impression of him ?

it's possible he hates what he's doing just as much as the next guy, but is just better at acting like he doesn't (?)

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #1214 on: April 11, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
What was the fucking point of that episode?
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1215 on: April 11, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
so did they abandon the format because they knew they had a rebellion looming? the sponsors just decided to do damage control?

OIAM was such a good thing the past few years, and they really murdered it this time.

mandibleclaw (i forget your real name, sorry) are you catching any shit for talking about the behind the scenes stuff on here?

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1216 on: April 11, 2012, 12:58:58 PM »
I'm kind of surprised Rohan was the one that dogged the kids so much. Wasn't he the first judge to quit based on how lame it was? Then he comes back and immediately sides with the producers/sponsors and calls the kids babies for not wanting to do unrelated challenges?

Stoked on Alex Conn, though. Team Corndog.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #1217 on: April 11, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
mandibleclaw (i forget your real name, sorry) are you catching any shit for talking about the behind the scenes stuff on here?

Mandy Bullclaw doesn't take shit from anybody.

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #1218 on: April 11, 2012, 01:12:36 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

mother of fuck... I srsly didnt expect Cardiel to say such things. "You have to do some shit you dont want to" then dont go pro or tell your sponsors to fuck off. I think that's something wrong with skating nowadays, pros being down for stupid shit if it means money. Fuck that shit. Lou's reaction was lame too but, whatever... but Billy Rohan... come on dude "I guess we were asking way too much from the kids". What a fucking joke. Like, for real, this shit is as lame as it can get. Someone said on one of the first pages "its like a car crash; the worse, the more you look at it" and well, I tip off my hat to that gentleman: fucking nailed it.

Finucan and Conn are tight, though.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1219 on: April 11, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

mother of fuck... I srsly didnt expect Cardiel to say such things. "You have to do some shit you dont want to" then dont go pro or tell your sponsors to fuck off. I think that's something wrong with skating nowadays, pros being down for stupid shit if it means money. Fuck that shit. Lou's reaction was lame too but, whatever... but Billy Rohan... come on dude "I guess we were asking way too much from the kids". What a fucking joke. Like, for real, this shit is as lame as it can get. Someone said on one of the first pages "its like a car crash; the worse, the more you look at it" and well, I tip off my hat to that gentleman: fucking nailed it.

Finucan and Conn are tight, though.

Underneath it all, I kind of feel like Cardiel and Lou were stoked on the fact that these kids were kind of calling OIAM out on their bullshit. Like, they weren't afraid to say that even though they were grateful for this opportunity, they weren't going to blindly follow the idiocy anymore. Or maybe I just hope that's how Cardiel and everyone else felt.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1220 on: April 11, 2012, 01:34:52 PM »
This episode was hillarious. All the judges trying to play the kids off as brats or something, they obviously recorded that part before the public reception, as nobody in the fucking world is believes these kids are brats after seeing old OIAM's and all the shit these kids had to put up with between the fucking idiot who made this and the smug and arrogant nobody judges (aside from Cairo Foster, none of them are even close to the model of "successful pro").

Oh, and their excuse that one kid was having a bad time and it spread is fucking ridiculous. Having worked with kids and had group complaints before, the proper way to interpret it was that EVERYBODY hated it, and nobody felt comfortable saying so until the bravest kid in the bunch spoke up, then the rest of them followed suit. I guarantee nobody had their mind changed about the contest, they just needed somebody to confirm that it was bullshit so they could feel comfortable admitting they thought that too.

What was in the "lost day?" Was it skating or drama that embarassed the producer?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #1221 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:23 PM »
Pizza delivery challenge? What the fuck is that? I understand goofy/gimmicky challenges with a "fun" angle or funny one, but fucking dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Here's an idea for the next: drop Mountain Dew, scale back production, and make a more DIY scenario based on things motherfuckers like. This shit is over produced trash, and it's fucking weak, and makes the whole OIAM contest a total joke (an unfunny one and unwatchable one at that). The people behind this could make tits look bad, and everyone loves tits.

I don't blame the kids for not digging any of this hokey shit in comparison to past OIAM's.

...and what's all this business talk with OIAM, you're not guaranteed a pro spot on a team if you win (along with the trivialities and worries of a professional) , or even am status... so it is completely irrelevant. Wanna learn the skate business? Then get in it at any level, fuckkkkkk. (shop owner/employee, ask a non full of shit pro, groupie, company owner/investor, etc.)

Every time you dink's (those running it) let a nice sum of money and a fabulous major corporate contract into skateboarding it dies a little inside, every fucking time (regardless of dreams, ambitions, and potential output that said money could "create"), and makes the shit look so fucking ridiculous. How could you look at it as anything more than a superficial circle jerk? How can you "create" under a binding contract with obligations and pointless red tape? Just asking, not assuming.

Fuck this shit.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:45:41 PM by Wall of Nausea »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #1222 on: April 11, 2012, 01:40:55 PM »
You guys didn't get the obvious fact that when Cardiel was saying "Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do", he was referring to himself at that very moment.

Skate Troll

• Rep: -560
  • slap's resident psychopath
« Reply #1223 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
what cardiel looks like on the inside
look I never said it was ok but chill man tis all cool just havin some fun.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #1224 on: April 11, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
what cardiel looks like on the inside

That's what your dick looks like you fucking ewok. I wish everyone would start referring to your ass clownery having self as a fucked ewok born under power lines.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #1225 on: April 11, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
That Eli Reed speech was incredible.

earlygrab

« Reply #1226 on: April 11, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
You guys didn't get the obvious fact that when Cardiel was saying "Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do", he was referring to himself at that very moment.

perfect

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1227 on: April 11, 2012, 02:15:31 PM »
Pizza delivery challenge? What the fuck is that? I understand goofy/gimmicky challenges with a "fun" angle or funny one, but fucking dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Here's an idea for the next: drop Mountain Dew, scale back production, and make a more DIY scenario based on things motherfuckers like. This shit is over produced trash, and it's fucking weak, and makes the whole OIAM contest a total joke (an unfunny one and unwatchable one at that). The people behind this could make tits look bad, and everyone loves tits.

I don't think it's Mountain Dew's fault. OIAM has been sponsored by Mountain Dew for a few years now and it's been fine. It was Alex Klein's ego and the producer's/SLAP's desire to top the exposure that Forrest's presence got them last year.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1228 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »
That Eli Reed speech was incredible.
hahahaha
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Hesh Unicorn

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1229 on: April 11, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
does this mean the people who got eliminated still have a chance? cuase i thought matt was on skate mental now. I just hope that the failure of this years OIAM means they'll change it back to how it was before