Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 234826 times)

Wall of Nausea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -60
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1230 on: April 11, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Pizza delivery challenge? What the fuck is that? I understand goofy/gimmicky challenges with a "fun" angle or funny one, but fucking dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Here's an idea for the next: drop Mountain Dew, scale back production, and make a more DIY scenario based on things motherfuckers like. This shit is over produced trash, and it's fucking weak, and makes the whole OIAM contest a total joke (an unfunny one and unwatchable one at that). The people behind this could make tits look bad, and everyone loves tits.

[close]

I don't think it's Mountain Dew's fault. OIAM has been sponsored by Mountain Dew for a few years now and it's been fine. It was Alex Klein's ego and the producer's/SLAP's desire to top the exposure that Forrest's presence got them last year.

ahhh good point.

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #1231 on: April 11, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
That Eli Reed speech was incredible.
[close]
hahahaha

Rodney Torres: [...] I wanna introduce you guys Eli Reed... He's here to say a few words.

Eli Reed: What's up guys? You guys hangin' in there? I've seen a bunch of your footage, it's looking pretty good, pretty psyched on it... uhm?

well, he rallied the troops with the most impassioned speech
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Mat

• Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1232 on: April 11, 2012, 03:21:24 PM »
The pizza challenge was pretty dumb, but still, there is no reason to take it so seriously. I think it would have been rad if one of them went out on the challenge with the empty box and came back with a pizza in it. Acting like its a chore to be there is a little silly

bandini

« Reply #1233 on: April 11, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »
Acting like its a chore to be there is a little silly

Looks to me like they're acting bummed at winning the chance to be on what was once a rad skate show, only to find it's been turned into something so stupid they wouldn't even want to watch it, let alone participate in it.

Sounds like the appropriate response to me...

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1234 on: April 11, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Looks to me like they're acting bummed at winning the chance to be on what was once a rad skate show, only to find it's been turned into something so stupid they wouldn't even want to watch it, let alone participate in it.

They could still use it to their advantage, they're getting exposure, meeting some important people in the industry. it goes beyond just being on the show, but i can understand why they would be frustrated, i imagine it seems like the purpose of being there isnt what it should be

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1235 on: April 11, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was thinking of how bummed they must be to use their hard earned footage for something like this, thinking it was going to be anything remotely like it was last year. that's YEARS of those dudes' lives that they worked so hard for, to have fucking lurker lou tell them to skate around the block with an empty pizza box.  miserable.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #1236 on: April 11, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »

Contestants ain't got no love for the pizza challenge and OIAM!?

...well let it be known then!

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1237 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Eli Reed speech was incredible.
[close]
hahahaha
[close]

Rodney Torres: [...] I wanna introduce you guys Eli Reed... He's here to say a few words.

Eli Reed: What's up guys? You guys hangin' in there? I've seen a bunch of your footage, it's looking pretty good, pretty psyched on it... uhm?

well, he rallied the troops with the most impassioned speech

I think even AVE could've given a better speech...

Btw Colin, what'd we miss that day?

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #1238 on: April 11, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
You guys didn't get the obvious fact that when Cardiel was saying "Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do", he was referring to himself at that very moment.

Didn't Alex have creative control over this shit show not Mountain Dew? If so it's not about doing bullshit for sponsor it's doing bullshit for a wannabe tv producer.

Mandible were the judges/guest pros really bummed the kids weren't into the challenges?

foureyedjim

« Reply #1239 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »
I like how Lou was slightly ragging on Dean for trying to win every stupid challenge. 
Also, Dean's shorts make me uncomfortable...lol

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1240 on: April 11, 2012, 06:58:50 PM »
They probably are gonna spread the rest of the skating out to other episodes. there are no more challenges or eliminations, which made up 2 of every 3 episodes. Even apart from the lameness of the show, the production itself is terrible. Billy rohan and cardiel there at the beginning of the show, then gone for so long, then back with no explanation. Also the pizza challenge looked fucking awful, were they just skating around the block?didn't explain shit. Also it was obvious finucan was talking to the cameraman at the end, not to another contestant. Alex klein and the editors must be confident that everyone watching is a fucking moron if they are editing obvious lie's like that.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

cobo

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1241 on: April 11, 2012, 07:58:13 PM »
In the last OIAM no one got eliminated until the 16th show out of 18...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1242 on: April 11, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
They probably are gonna spread the rest of the skating out to other episodes. there are no more challenges or eliminations, which made up 2 of every 3 episodes. Even apart from the lameness of the show, the production itself is terrible. Billy rohan and cardiel there at the beginning of the show, then gone for so long, then back with no explanation. Also the pizza challenge looked fucking awful, were they just skating around the block?didn't explain shit. Also it was obvious finucan was talking to the cameraman at the end, not to another contestant. Alex klein and the editors must be confident that everyone watching is a fucking moron if they are editing obvious lie's like that.
One episode left.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1243 on: April 12, 2012, 03:41:25 AM »

SwiftFootedBird

« Reply #1244 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07:09 AM »
Expand Quote
You guys didn't get the obvious fact that when Cardiel was saying "Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do", he was referring to himself at that very moment.
[close]

perfect

this. so much. please.

and if the one saying Ruben was too much of a dick rider was right, Dean's the new Ruben.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
I feel like Dean was in his own world and didn't even realize the rebellion going on around him. Joseph Dipping out and filming himself drinking a 6 pack on the corner was easily the greatest thing of the show so far. I actually expected not to like him at first too, but that move seals my full approval of him.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

foureyedjim

« Reply #1246 on: April 12, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
I feel like Dean was in his own world and didn't even realize the rebellion going on around him. Joseph Dipping out and filming himself drinking a 6 pack on the corner was easily the greatest thing of the show so far. I actually expected not to like him at first too, but that move seals my full approval of him.

the kid is like, sponsored by rip stick.  I think he's just open to anything haha

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1247 on: April 12, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Didn't Alex have creative control over this shit show not Mountain Dew? If so it's not about doing bullshit for sponsor it's doing bullshit for a wannabe tv producer.

Mandible were the judges/guest pros really bummed the kids weren't into the challenges?

no.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1248 on: April 12, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
always heard good things about Billy rohan , but every time he has a none skating clip he seems like such a cunt , or is it just me getting the wrong impression of him ?
[close]

it's possible he hates what he's doing just as much as the next guy, but is just better at acting like he doesn't (?)

he's just sort of a born entertainer i think, he just acts.

I'm kind of surprised Rohan was the one that dogged the kids so much. Wasn't he the first judge to quit based on how lame it was? Then he comes back and immediately sides with the producers/sponsors and calls the kids babies for not wanting to do unrelated challenges?

Stoked on Alex Conn, though. Team Corndog.

i think that might actually have been filmed the first day, billy was bummed and dipped after that first episode, i think that might have been prerecorded then.

foureyedjim

« Reply #1249 on: April 12, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
always heard good things about Billy rohan , but every time he has a none skating clip he seems like such a cunt , or is it just me getting the wrong impression of him ?
[close]

it's possible he hates what he's doing just as much as the next guy, but is just better at acting like he doesn't (?)
[close]

Expand Quote
I'm kind of surprised Rohan was the one that dogged the kids so much. Wasn't he the first judge to quit based on how lame it was? Then he comes back and immediately sides with the producers/sponsors and calls the kids babies for not wanting to do unrelated challenges?

[close]

i think that might actually have been filmed the first day, billy was bummed and dipped after that first episode, i think that might have been prerecorded then.

not even surprised anymore.

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1250 on: April 12, 2012, 05:03:06 PM »
Slap, you now have your drama. Enjoy.

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #1251 on: April 12, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

That could be, but Rohan was also at the judge's table in the last episode and stated "I know it's been a long week, you guys are tired and sore, blah blah... there won't be any more elminations and you guys can just skate these last few days." So, he had to have come back and filmed again, because he couldn't have said all that before they even knew a rebellion would happen.

victor333

« Reply #1252 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That could be, but Rohan was also at the judge's table in the last episode and stated "I know it's been a long week, you guys are tired and sore, blah blah... there won't be any more elminations and you guys can just skate these last few days." So, he had to have come back and filmed again, because he couldn't have said all that before they even knew a rebellion would happen.

illuminati

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

illuminati

no fun

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2012, 11:54:52 PM »
to think i was once stoked and shit, he put out
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #1255 on: April 13, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »
the fuck you dig back three pages to quote me out of context for?

i said stoked on shit he put out

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #1256 on: April 14, 2012, 03:45:01 AM »
i told you it's a mock.

steenz

« Reply #1257 on: April 14, 2012, 08:19:19 AM »
i hope my nigga adam simoni wins

trannies and mannies

« Reply #1258 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »
Can someone explain the pizza delivery challenge?

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #1259 on: April 14, 2012, 11:18:07 AM »
Can someone explain the pizza delivery challenge?