Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 235259 times)

hamburglar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: One In A Million NYC
« Reply #1290 on: April 18, 2012, 07:26:57 AM »
"lets theme the final episode around how the dudes were just being high-maintenence pussies and how that ruined the contest.. randomly have the head of black box further emphasize this point."

anblue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherfucka
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1291 on: April 18, 2012, 07:45:34 AM »
who would have thought that the one year they structure the whole thing completely differently it would be this flaming pile of dog shit, i feel bad for the kids though, theyre not the ones who created some corny ass shit
Who the fuck spends more than $5 at taco bell?
Being liked on slap is the only award

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #1292 on: April 18, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Thrillho

« Reply #1293 on: April 18, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
I don't understand why they claim nobody won. They can all say, "I'm too real for Zero."

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1294 on: April 18, 2012, 08:54:06 AM »
I just wish that there was some skateboarding involved...

popsiclesandskatin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #1295 on: April 18, 2012, 08:56:25 AM »
Those kids all got used. I feel so bad for them.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #1296 on: April 18, 2012, 09:05:28 AM »
Well, that was boring and anti-climactic. 

Yep.

victor333

« Reply #1297 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »
Lurker Lou at the end:

we gonnnn' find you; we gon' find

so you can run and tell SLAP, run and tell SLAP

run and tell SLAP, homeboy, home-home-homboyyy

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #1298 on: April 18, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
So im guessing the next OIAM is in New York again?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1299 on: April 18, 2012, 09:28:44 AM »
shame on lou, steve, billy and tomuz. i dont think any of them would have stood for that shit when they were coming up in skating. they were lucky the kids put up with it for as long as they did.

the whole time i was giving the judges the benefit of the doubt that they were falling victim to editing, but why would they bother saying specific shit about the kids attitudes if they didnt feel that way? Im really confused on the whole thing after hearing about lou wanting to fight alex klein, he seemed to be completely on board with the corniness based on these interviews

Hatechild

« Reply #1300 on: April 18, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
40% skateboarding? Come on I Suck. I'm sure that why you put Chris Cole on Zero. Dude was the biggest kook back in the day and everyone knew it.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #1301 on: April 18, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
I think I speak for all of us, when I say this is one of the most shameful things I've ever seen in skateboarding. God, even Shecklers show had its point and audience, but what is this ? Step up, SLAP. Nobody blames you.

luficer

« Reply #1302 on: April 18, 2012, 10:02:58 AM »
ISUCK with another poor Internet career decision in the same week...

GatorsGhost

• Rep: 116
    • Chilogy avatar image
« Reply #1303 on: April 18, 2012, 10:10:32 AM »
"None in a million"

"Done in a million"
Pun in a million.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1304 on: April 18, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
Expand Quote
"None in a million"

"Done in a million"
[close]
Pun in a million.

Invisi-gnar for you.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

slogant-shirt

« Reply #1305 on: April 18, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
what do you think is going to happen if you make a hole bunch of kids sleep on the cold concrete of a skate park for 6 days??? they're gonna be tired and shitty. and then to be all like "they fucked up and they're a bunch of winges"

instead of paying for bringing back all the "homies" they should have but the dudes in some ball'n ass hotel for the night, given them a good sleep. ready to shred the whole next day for a final kill a thon.

do you think chris cole and shane o'niel sleep on the fucking floor of street league before the big day? like WHAT THE FUCK, what the fuck are you thinking

i really didn't mind the format of the shred then do some barrell jumping shit, except the kid who has shreded the least probally has the best condition knees and can jump for higher then a preist's penis is a confession booth, although that looked fun(not the priest thing)... i didn't even mind the "kid you aint cutting it go home thing"... but the pizza box idea was just lame.

here is some ideas to make next years "imunity" contest's better

*if a dude wins he don't get imunity, he gets a good ass sleep in a hotel
*if a dude don't shred but still gets the "imunity challege thing" he spends a night in a rad hotel, trashes and party's in the room, then goes home
* instead of lame challenges like pizza boxes( or deck grafix) get them to do a gnarly hill bomb, first through the line wins the hotel room
* or get them to do this
* or anything thing thats actually dangerous

* and get rid of fucking lurker lou-zerr, that lieing ass, wiener groping, biggeted fuck tard

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #1306 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
Wow. That just might be the worst thing ever. And I can't believe these guys actually blamed the kids.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1307 on: April 18, 2012, 10:31:56 AM »
I just wish that there was some skateboarding involved...

... at least 40% skating right?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #1308 on: April 18, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »
who would have thought that the one year they structure the whole thing completely differently it would be this flaming pile of dog shit, i feel bad for the kids though, theyre not the ones who created some corny ass shit

What are the odds that the year they changed up everything they just happened to find the 10 whiniest, entitled skaters out there?

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #1309 on: April 18, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »
everything about it was in poor form. the kids were good but they weren't anything amazing compared to previous years which from the beginning was kind of a problem. the new format was completely cheesy and just wasn't well thought out and executed.

i don't understand why they wouldn't take note on the success of the previous season with a "if it isn't broke, why fix it" mentality. going around every day skateboarding with guest pros is the only way to do it. they also need to stop forcing story lines and make it more raw.

in return for all the complaining, i bring this
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #1310 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Wow! Just... Wow! I think this is the most embarrasing thing skateboarding has ever produced. EVER! Lost all of my respect for Billy and Steve and i would just like to say: Fuck you, Lurker Lou! Oh, and obviously FUCK Alex Klein!

I'm now waiting for the raw skate edit...

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1311 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56:42 AM »
so..... no one won
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

rob2

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1312 on: April 18, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
Luckily I don't think anyone could watch this and see the kids in a bad light. EVen with it being so obviously edited to make the kids look bad the only people that come off as dicks are the judges, and I think they are the only ones that will be affected negatively.

I haven't seen a single positive comment about the show so I don't think there's anyway Klein/Judges can kid themselves they were in the right.

I don't think you can blame ISUCK that much for his interview -I imagine he was probably told a bullshit story and didn't know what had happened. I'm glad that cardiel didn't have to say anymore negative stuff about the kids.

I would like to hear the judges/klein try and justify themselves although I imagine they'd just spout more delusional stuff about how the real problem was the kids attitudes.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #1313 on: April 18, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »

-'All we ask is to be treated with dignity and respect'

- 'And a new candle every now and then?'

- 'yes, and a new candle now and... HEY'

just fucking YES dude. literally watched this one last night

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1314 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »
whoa, just realized that the reason dean was trying so hard in the challenges and not producing any footage is because he figured out early on that the challenges were all that mattered, and the best way to win them is to not be sore from having skated all day. he wasn't trying the hardest in the contest, just playing a different angle. i'm guessing he only didn't win because of the fact that he didn't really have all that much footage by the end. i thought he was lame for putting his all into every challenge, but now i think it's pretty awesome that he was just exposing the fatal flaw in the show's format.

the bummer is the fact that since the last episode was basically focused on the fact that it was the kid's fault that the show didn't work out, it's obvious that they're letting us know that the show will continue to be in this format, so if you have too much dignity to do barrel jumps and pizza box challenges, then don't even bother entering. they got isuck on there to convince viewers that the kids were the ones fucking up, so that even potential 2013 contestants watching who were siding with the kids at first might change their opinion and enter the contest fully down to skate hard and go hard in the challenges. what a shame.

jacktharipper

• Rep: -26
  • Graphics Out
« Reply #1315 on: April 18, 2012, 11:10:42 AM »
Does anyone else find Jon Fitzgerald a little kooky for even sitting down and doing that? There's no way he could have seen the footage prior to doing that interview. YES they dealt with cameras in their faces last year as well, but all they did was go out and skate spots that I could only dream of skating, no barrel jumping, no pizza delivery.

The judges trying to justify the format and putting down the kids is so pathetic. Look what happened in the episodes where they DID go out and skateboard. The footage was quality and vibes were good.

All in all, this is a throwaway year for OIAM, and we need Whiteley back making sure shit's done properly.
MN -> IL

George Vallore

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1316 on: April 18, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »
I truly don't understand how these judges, being SKATEBOARDERS THEMSELVES, didn't see how preposterous
this is.

A pizza delivery challenge?

How do you think Ricky Oyola would have reacted to a fucking PIZZA DELIVERY CHALLENGE?

In my opinion, those kids reacting negatively was a GOOD thing. It means they love skateboarding,
and found this TV schtick tiresome and kind of antithetical to their actual love of something.

40% Skateboarding?

Jesus.

As Jason Jesse once quipped "I love skateboarding so much I want it to die."

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1317 on: April 18, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »
Jamie said it's 40% skateboarding, but he still turned tom asta pro??

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1318 on: April 18, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
40% skating
10% pizza delivery promptness
4% barrel jumping
6% attitude
20% fabo levels
13% swimsuit contest
7% misc

you kids just dont fucking get it

shit_for_brains