Author Topic: Palace skateboards brand of the year  (Read 9178 times)

BIGSTOOPS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Re: Palace skateboards brand of the year
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 10:02:03 AM »
using the word 'trill' in an ironic hipster fashion to appear cool and original = lame

faggot

yeah, because skateboarding revolves around the opinion of one person that thinks they are superior, when really they are uncomfortable with their sexuality.  i believe the correct term is homosexual.

faggot

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
first up they sell their boards and shirts expensive as fuck you cant be a fucking core skate brand if the kids cant even afford your shit without stealing other kids lunch money
as much as I think palace and their video clips are dope, I gotta agree with this.
This hoody is $140 in slamcity... I kid you not

BIGSTOOPS

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2012, 10:33:26 AM »
hmmmm, i wonder why american brands cost more in other countries.  geeez, what could it be?

Randozzi

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35:07 AM »
I dig what Palace is doing, sick team and great art direction. the prices might be high because when you do small runs the cost is higher per piece than if you made a lot of them. $140 for a zip-up seems a little high, but if it is quality it's worth the $.

BIGSTOOPS

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
I dig what Palace is doing, sick team and great art direction. the prices might be high because when you do small runs the cost is higher per piece than if you made a lot of them. $140 for a zip-up seems a little high, but if it is quality it's worth the $.

word!

Brooklyn Zoo

• Rep: 42
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »
$140 American = 89 Pounds

A thrasher zip up hoodie is $60.00

their prices arn't really that outrageous for people who live in England, its just the exchange rate that makes it seem way overpriced.'
I cannot convey the hate clearly enough.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

cringe.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
props to you if you can afford 89 pounds, that's insane for me

schmuckface killah

• Rep: 8
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
trust me ?89 for a hoodie is outrageous.

Brooklyn Zoo

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
I wasnt saying 89 isnt steep for a hoodie, but most companies charge 50-60 for a hoodie and supreme way more.

I was just saying how for us it seems worse because of the exchange difference, If Palace were to have a better American Dist. the prices probably would be alot more reasonable for Americans.

Personally I stick to $20 blank Hanes hoodies.
Walk that bag over to Bed Stuy so you can get your head bounced off the curb while your rolling purse gets set on fire.

COMMUNITYPACK

• Rep: 51
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
Outside of skateboarding there is a whole other world. A world where hoodies by other brands - brands that are not high fashion, but are not Wallmart, or American Apparel, or Element, Zero and DGK for that matter - cost a lot more than $140. T-Shirts sometimes cost close to that amount. Without the exchange rate.

I'm pretty sure Palace are selling their products for the relative markup based on the cost of producing them.

Like almost every other company in the world.

Small runs equal big money. And exchange rates suck. 80 quid for a sweatshirt is a lot for a kid, but a full grown adult may well be able to afford it depending on their income. Regardless: it's up to customer, and don't be upset if they're not marketing their wares to your demographic.

HAVING SAID THAT: If they had a US distribution deal the boards wouldn't cost more. Or shouldn't at least. They're being pressed by US based manufacturers (via China or Mexico or whatever) so they could just ship boxes directly to whatever distribution house here. It's not like the boards are being made by hand in Lev's front room.

All things considered: Todd, Lucien, Chewy, Charlie, Rory (not to mention Karim and Sean Powers... so I hear)? That's a good enough reason to support them as any. Whether you like gangsta rap, fucked teeth, triangles, VHS camera's, and weed deals or not.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:59:25 PM by COMMUNITYPACK »

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »
Id rather see Billy McFeely on Palace.

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 01:12:48 PM »
that dude jak pietriga;baklbnd;zkbnzkn should get on palace
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
Downton Abbey x Palace

Brooklyn Zoo

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »
Id rather see Billy McFeely on Palace.

Agreed,

Shawn Powers now gets boards from Palace

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »
seriously tho, if they are on that DSM wood program, why can't they get distro in the US?

c'mon Rocco

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
Outside of skateboarding there is a whole other world. A world where hoodies by other brands - brands that are not high fashion, but are not Wallmart, or American Apparel, or Element, Zero and DGK for that matter - cost a lot more than $140. T-Shirts sometimes cost close to that amount. Without the exchange rate.

I'm pretty sure Palace are selling their products for the relative markup based on the cost of producing them.

Like almost every other company in the world.

Small runs equal big money. And exchange rates suck. 80 quid for a sweatshirt is a lot for a kid, but a full grown adult may well be able to afford it depending on their income. Regardless: it's up to customer, and don't be upset if they're not marketing their wares to your demographic.

HAVING SAID THAT: If they had a US distribution deal the boards wouldn't cost more. Or shouldn't at least. They're being pressed by US based manufacturers (via China or Mexico or whatever) so they could just ship boxes directly to whatever distribution house here. It's not like the boards are being made by hand in Lev's front room.

All things considered: Todd, Lucien, Chewy, Charlie, Rory (not to mention Karim and Sean Powers... so I hear)? That's a good enough reason to support them as any. W
whether you like gangsta rap, fucked teeth, triangles, VHS camera's, and weed deals or not.

No. You just sound totally wrong. 90 pounds to buy a hoodie and print on it? That's some Supreme/Fucking Awesome/ bullshit shit. And their boards? Should cost nothing. DSM? Cheapest boards alive.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:40:56 PM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
exactly. you all are regular if you think this is made in some scally-wag's grandmas house in end-upon-dover thats why its so expensive. its so expensive because a bunch of retards fetishize this played out fake 90s shit and arew willing to pay top dollar for shit boards and shit clothes.

buffalo hunter

• Rep: 35
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
It will be nice to have UK companies distributed in the United States, but there isn't a demand for it here.  Honestly, I doubt Cliche and Blueprint do good here.  The average skater isn't going to buy from small companies. 

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »
You can get yourself a nice Armani hoodie for ?125 or not, dont spend the money on a ?90 hoodie if you dont want it. No one is forcing you to buy Palace stuff. Should keep it UK and Europe to much bitching from across the pond

Mommy, Shane O'Neil stole the Butter

• Rep: -34
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
Expand Quote
using the word 'trill' in an ironic hipster fashion to appear cool and original = lame

faggot
[close]

yeah, because skateboarding revolves around the opinion of one person that thinks they are superior, when really they are uncomfortable with their sexuality.  i believe the correct term is homosexual.

faggot

You're actually regular, your post makes zero sense and it contradicts itself. Have a great evening.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »
i'm glad i can get pussy in black levi's and a hanes t-shirt (7 for 10.99 at target).  but if you wanna drop three digits for a hoodie, well go on.  i understand buying quality apparel (wool suits, swiss movement, etc.), but not if it's something i'm going to be sweating in, and scraping the ground in.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
Its weird to see americans complaining about expensive gear because of shipping and exchange rates. In Europe all the american stuff has always cost a shitload because of that. Sending Stuff from china to america and then back to Europe doesnt really make sense, it just adds a lot to the cost...

Oh and I fully back Palace. Their Boards are nice and dont cost more than other Boards in Europe. I would never buy a full price Shirt or Hoody tough, but that goes for every skate company tbh.

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »
the dudes on the team are fucking good skateboarders.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2012, 01:12:46 AM »
Its weird to see americans complaining about expensive gear because of shipping and exchange rates. In Europe all the american stuff has always cost a shitload because of that. Sending Stuff from china to america and then back to Europe doesnt really make sense, it just adds a lot to the cost...

Oh and I fully back Palace. Their Boards are nice and dont cost more than other Boards in Europe. I would never buy a full price Shirt or Hoody tough, but that goes for every skate company tbh.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2012, 01:29:00 AM »
The logo looks like shit.

I have no idea what the appeal for this brand is.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2012, 02:03:37 AM »

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2012, 04:22:17 AM »
Supreme x Palace

you know its coming.

They already sell a load of palace in supreme london