Author Topic: Why Longboards Suck  (Read 27864 times)

LOU.502

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
Re: Why Longboards Suck
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 09:16:47 PM »
why do we say wear helmets? really? its cuz we want to live if we happen to be launched off our board at high speeds and would rather our helmet take the impact rather than have our heads turn to jello on the curb . that make enough sense to ya? we care about our skull mush, is there anyway i can make this simpler for you? make enough sense to for ya?

and we are tired of the dudebro longboarders with no experience, that cant stop, bombing hills and getting way too fast and gnarly for their level having their heads turn to cranberry sauce at the bottom simply cuz they thought they were too cool for a helmet and putting a bad name on what we love to do.

if you hit a minimum of fourty mph everytime you went out to go skate youd want something keeping your brains inside your skull as well just in case things got hairy. �we care about our skull mush, is there anyway i can make this simpler for you?
keep digging this hole. im loving it

im probably lying

Rcurry

• Rep: -7
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 09:21:21 PM »
my man, simply because there is no need for so much hate on a group of people that like all forms of skating including your form. most of the guys that are doing the 60-70mph hills are guys that start from a street skating background and love to skate pool as much as they love to go fast. im not trying to justify myself, just so many of the responses i aroused were complete backwards and illogical and theres no reason anyone needs to keep being ignorant if there is knowledge to be supplied

foureyedjim

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
i also find it hilarious that so many of you street skaters have such a cold metal rod up your collective asses over whats literally just another form of skating. if you get on silverfish you dont all of a sudden find a bunch of threads about 'why skateboarding sucks' cuz we simply dont care. skatin is skatin and you need to take a lesson from the man, mark gonzales, if you think otherwise

I see one thread about longboarding...and I have no idea what silverfish is, and I don't intend on checking it out because it has NOTHING to do with my interests.

So tell me, what are you even doing here?  Seems to me like you purposely looked for a longboarding hate thread in order to try to prove something, like you were LOOKING for an argument.  I'm not saying your opinions are invalid, but i'm just saying that nobody cares.  We have zero interest in longboarding.  

Rcurry

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
dig what hole? lol wearing a helmet is just smart. are you saying that isnt true? not much to be confused about there

Rcurry

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
i see a skate thread hating on people skating... it just struck me as odd ya know? and we are on the internet right? who isnt looking for an argument? haha you arent the type im really talking directly to, you seem more leveled than some of these other guys. some of the stuff others were saying was just...embarrassing   

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:34 PM »
i dont own a pair of sandal BRO. im from texas bitch, im not some california self righteous prick crusin down the beach on his pintail. and i dont feel like its just to leave any of you out. youre all just so damn ignorant and misinformed about your own sport. i just dont think it seems right to allow you to keep being SO stupid

I love how you capitalized the word "bro".

Lol

Fuck longboards!

Rcurry

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2012, 09:32:41 PM »
^thought youd like that bud hhaha

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
man! you cats are getting into such a hissy fit.

Popped collar bros suck. Popped collar bros on long boards suck and fuel disdain for those who ride long boards. I think they're silly unless you are living in the mountains and need to bomb around, but that is coming from me, someone who can't push from point a to anywhere without popping an ollie.

We used to be able to spot each other from the rips in our laces or blown out shoes. People who rocked an iron cross where either skaters or nazi/bikers. Only the coolest punk rock chicks liked us... Now, with the overblown commercialization of Skateboarding (capital S), which may well be the Initial reason many of you younger dudes got interested in the shred, discerning what goes on in the gap between shredder and dweeb is more difficult.

If someone pushing a longboard claims to ID as a skater and you've got a problem with it because they might not have "paid dues" in the world of schrapling, ask yourself what dues you have paid and what got you into skating. In the states anyways, skating is so acceptable that there's a mainstreaming underway that makes the debasing of longboarders sound awfully stupid because it's irrelevant to skateboading (lowercase s) as it always has and will continue to stink up the fringes.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
--Blocks of text --

get the fuck outta here I lack the interest to read shitty blocks of text.

kenspliffeyjr

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »
I don't know where I heard this but I always liked the way it was put, someone might have even said it in here I didn't read every reply
Longboarding is like Nascar, whereas skateboarding is liking the gangster moonshine runners running away from the cops that Nascar came from

victor333

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »

oh look, y'all. It's a kookasaurus-rex

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2012, 12:48:56 PM »
if you get on silverfish you dont all of a sudden find a bunch of threads about 'why skateboarding sucks' cuz we simply dont care.
we simply dont care
dont care
care

...last longboard flamewar here was started by someone from Silverfish. I started an account there to squash the shit, but I've been friends with Michael for several years before that. Fuck it though, if you really want a flamewar go for it. You know where you're posting I guess, so welcome to Slap.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »
"Dude guys are hitting 60-70 mphs!!! How can you talk shit on that??"

Yeah, maybe 0.00001% of people who own a longboard, it is a shitty argument. Most are a just a bunch of kooks trying to ride whatever coolness maybe associated with the 'skate lifestyle' without having put in the work needed to actually learn to skate properly.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »

Rcurry is the reason why longboards suck
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Rcurry

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
yall care enough to make a whole thread dedicated to it. thats a dervish, no dude that actually hits big hills rides that board. no one that hits any real hills owns a flexible deck. and ill admit that the dancing style is kinda lame. this is the difference you guys dont seem to get. ive seen plenty of kids just cruising around on popsicles doing absolutely no tricks just like ive seen guys on longboards cruising around doing nothing. .000001 percent of street skaters turn pro cuz most cant do much just like in any sport. for such a group of rad hardcore skateboard dudes, yall sure do seem to care alot about your appearance. i think part of the problem is half of you dont know your skate history which is very sad. people were sliding and going for speed long before anyone went airborne. 

victor333

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
yall care enough to make a whole thread dedicated to it. thats a dervish, no dude that actually hits big hills rides that board. no one that hits any real hills owns a flexible deck. and ill admit that the dancing style is kinda lame. this is the difference you guys dont seem to get. ive seen plenty of kids just cruising around on popsicles doing absolutely no tricks just like ive seen guys on longboards cruising around doing nothing. .000001 percent of street skaters turn pro cuz most cant do much just like in any sport. for such a group of rad hardcore skateboard dudes, yall sure do seem to care alot about your appearance. i think part of the problem is half of you dont know your skate history which is very sad. people were sliding and going for speed long before anyone went airborne. 

ONE dude made the thread, so I don't know where you got "y'all" from.

And I've yet to meet anyone who rides a skateboard without the intention of learning tricks. Just cause someone isn't doing tricks in front of you doesn't mean they're not trying.

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »
I would like a good bagel.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2012, 02:25:45 PM »
.000001 percent of street skaters turn pro cuz most cant do much just like in any sport.

Again a bullshit argument! There are loads of skaters(not longboarders)that can rip tranny and do a load of different flip tricks. The amount of longboarders that can go 70 mph? What, maybe 10 or 15, I doubt there are more than a 100 that can go 40 mph and live. Take into account the amount of longboards that there are out there and you now have proof that the vast majority of your kind are kooks that can't do shit!  

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
I would like a good bagel.
Me too.
And wasn't this thread started more so as a joking, teasing kind of thing?

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
If someone pushing a longboard claims to ID as a skater and you've got a problem with it because they might not have "paid dues" in the world of schrapling, ask yourself what dues you have paid and what got you into skating. In the states anyways, skating is so acceptable that there's a mainstreaming underway that makes the debasing of longboarders sound awfully stupid because it's irrelevant to skateboading (lowercase s) as it always has and will continue to stink up the fringes.

this is something i dont feel too strongly about anymore, but this is why i initially did not like longboarders.
not that i paid any dues or whatever, but off the bat when you see someone on a regular board you can relate to them, at least a little bit, on the fact that you both know how hard it was to do those first ollies, 5050s and other basic tricks. seeing that they liked the activity enough to put in that effort shows some sincerity.
when a longboarder tries to relate to you(im sure its happened to most), i often get the feeling that they like the idea of skateboarding enough that they bought the board to get into the culture, but dont actually like it enough to put in the hours to learn how to skate.

as people have already said, this isnt everybody. but i think for most skateboarders, 90% of our interactions with longboarders do turn out this way and it gives us a bad taste for the ones actually trying to progress on them.

furthermore, do you think those paddle dudes will ever evolve enough to turn it strictly into a longboarding/hippy-jumping/pole vaulting super sport? id kinda be into that

Rcurry

« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
like i said, i started off on a popsicle, doing tricks over and over till i nailed them. but all that landing wears on your knees, ankles, and back once you get bigger so you gotta choose what you do with what your fucked up body can still manage. ive seen guys not ever intending to do a trick on a small board, ive also seen guys on longboards doing the same thing. those guys are the dudebros that you dont like, not longboarders in general. we are simply skaters, and most of us own a trick deck for when we are at the park or pool. and i saw a little reference in there to only 10-15 guys being able to hit 70? sir, you must not realize that 80mph is the world record and there is an entire international series as well as smaller regional series leading up to the international races.  thats a group of thousands of guys, all of which can hold their own. shit i could think of 15 local guys that have hit 70 just off the top of my head.. all im saying is, if you hate the dudebro look on skating; send your hate towards them not towards guys actually skatin, shreddin their spots just like you say skateboarding is all about. we dont like  them either, they put a bad name on skating but they certainly dont only ride longboards, just the majority does lol

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
but are there longboarder groupies?

im probably lying

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2012, 02:13:53 AM »
bitch please, busenits does switch back tails at 70mph

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #143 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:15 PM »
like i said, i started off on a popsicle, doing tricks over and over till i nailed them. but all that landing wears on your knees, ankles, and back once you get bigger so you gotta choose what you do with what your fucked up body can still manage. ive seen guys not ever intending to do a trick on a small board, ive also seen guys on longboards doing the same thing. those guys are the dudebros that you dont like, not longboarders in general. we are simply skaters, and most of us own a trick deck for when we are at the park or pool. and i saw a little reference in there to only 10-15 guys being able to hit 70? sir, you must not realize that 80mph is the world record and there is an entire international series as well as smaller regional series leading up to the international races.  thats a group of thousands of guys, all of which can hold their own. shit i could think of 15 local guys that have hit 70 just off the top of my head.. all im saying is, if you hate the dudebro look on skating; send your hate towards them not towards guys actually skatin, shreddin their spots just like you say skateboarding is all about. we dont like  them either, they put a bad name on skating but they certainly dont only ride longboards, just the majority does lol

what in the fuck is a popsicle? you sound like your 11, I dont go around calling longboards divingboards, or fucking planks, ironing boards, short dick sticks, im running out of names. just call it a fucking skateboard thats what it is, and if you cant handle what the tricks on a "popsicle" are doing to your body then your a bitch and im glad you longboard.

i have no problem with dudes longboarding some of the guys i skate with have longboards and go down some gnarly shit, ive tried to keep up with them on my zagger and its scary as hell, but you dont see them cruising to the coffee shop on the ridiculous looking thing because its inconvenient as fuck who wants that wide or turning radius unless your bombing some gnar.

also by the way you talk i feel like you hate "popsicles" just as much as we hate long boards so just go back to your sweet street surfing forum, your not gonna win the argument.

and another fucking thing! why do all longboards have pictures of surf shit on it? does it give you the illusion that your riding the swell brah?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #144 on: February 22, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
i guarantee tons of SF skaters with experience bombing hills could hit 70 mph on a long-board designed for skating downhill if given the right gear and a little bit of time to get used to it.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »
I think Rcurry got too fat to trick it up on a regular skateboard.

"Holy shit, larger body mass doesn't matter going downhill, so I can be totally fat and still claim I skate.  Sign me up!"-Rcurry

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
i thought you were supposed to skate tranny when you got fat

Rcurry

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
Dude of course a ton of SF skaters could hit 70? They already do. That's one of the biggest spots for DH skating. You must not realize how big its gotten.

And dontkickshit foot; are you just plain stupid or can you not read? Bc I definitely said I first started on a popsicle and still have a pool/street deck so I really don't have a clue where you're getting the idea that I hate the standard skateboard shape. Annd are you just trying to state the obvious when you say you wouldn't wanna push around a sidewalk on a long wheelbase cuz that's pretty damn clear. Maybe you thought that was a new idea or somethin..I dunno.you call me a bitch for my body, back specifically, can't handle high landings or lots of impact. Say it all you want but it just shows me you've never dealt with serious injury or bones grinding so you can talk all the smack you want but it just shows you haven't paid your dues. You'll just love it when you shred through your first couple ligaments or break a few bones, I guarantee it:)  and are you really argueing the fact that the standard skateboard looks like a popsicle stick? Hell I've heard so many street skaters call it that, I begun to. If it makes you that mad that I calll it what it looks like than I can call it something else just for you, sound alright for your sensitive soul? And your last little complaint proves how completely ignorant your arguement is and how little knowledge of longboards you really have. If you'd look at any company other than sector arbor original or loaded you'd see there are plenty of awesome graphics being done by a variety of artists with different styles. Aka bombsquad comet kebbek madrid, rayne has some alright ones, lush..just to name a few. You really are the epitomy of the stupidness of this thread. An arrogant fool with a jagged stick up his ass causing him/her to spread hate on something he/she reallys know about simply bc you are too full of your own style of skating to accept any others.

Rcurry

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
Fat jokes? Lol real cute guys. Mustve taken some serious thinking to come up with that but I couldn't gain weight if I wanted lol. I'm 6ft and 170 lbs....basically a COMPLETE fatass

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
Dude of course a ton of SF skaters could hit 70? They already do. That's one of the biggest spots for DH skating. You must not realize how big its gotten.

And dontkickshit foot; are you just plain stupid or can you not read? Bc I definitely said I first started on a popsicle and still have a pool/street deck so I really don't have a clue where you're getting the idea that I hate the standard skateboard shape. Annd are you just trying to state the obvious when you say you wouldn't wanna push around a sidewalk on a long wheelbase cuz that's pretty damn clear. Maybe you thought that was a new idea or somethin..I dunno.you call me a bitch for my body, back specifically, can't handle high landings or lots of impact. Say it all you want but it just shows me you've never dealt with serious injury or bones grinding so you can talk all the smack you want but it just shows you haven't paid your dues. You'll just love it when you shred through your first couple ligaments or break a few bones, I guarantee it:)  and are you really argueing the fact that the standard skateboard looks like a popsicle stick? Hell I've heard so many street skaters call it that, I begun to. If it makes you that mad that I calll it what it looks like than I can call it something else just for you, sound alright for your sensitive soul? And your last little complaint proves how completely ignorant your arguement is and how little knowledge of longboards you really have. If you'd look at any company other than sector arbor original or loaded you'd see there are plenty of awesome graphics being done by a variety of artists with different styles. Aka bombsquad comet kebbek madrid, rayne has some alright ones, lush..just to name a few. You really are the epitomy of the stupidness of this thread. An arrogant fool with a jagged stick up his ass causing him/her to spread hate on something he/she reallys know about simply bc you are too full of your own style of skating to accept any others.

my friend ive "shredded" my way through plenty of fucked up ankles, wrists, swellbow, torn ligaments and broken bones and its never once made me love skateboarding any less, or step on a longboard.