Author Topic: Why Longboards Suck  (Read 27797 times)

noboru watanabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Why Longboards Suck
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
http://theclassical.org/articles/why-longboards-suck

figure someone might get a kick out of this

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
Re: Why Longboards Suck
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:01:20 AM »
Link didn't work for me.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

degobra

• Rep: -2
    • Flickr. avatar image
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:25 AM »
why is this so popular i mean come on i see dudes everyday swaying down the street pushing like dumbassholes. fuck longboarder bros

sprayTAN101

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • thats a sweet tan bro.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
its popular because its easy. its the easy version of skateboarding.

why is scooters so popular?
why is rollerblading so popular gay?

its easy.

"lifestyle scorpion dude..."

johnnymousedoom

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
my ex was a long boarder, for some reason she hated skateboarding more than any of us could hate on longboarding combined. it was scary.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 08:42:39 AM »
This is entertaining...http://wrongboards.tumblr.com/

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »
my ex was a long boarder, for some reason she hated skateboarding more than any of us could hate on longboarding combined. it was scary.

How would you even get involved with someone like that?

Reason longboards suck- just look at this shop "team," bunch of douches. Especially "Hunter," Dr. Seuss lookin faggot.

http://outlawkreations.com/nwsite/?page_id=17

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »
Longboards themselves are fun as shit... I have one that I goof off with occasionally (an old Joel Tudor from Think). I couldn't see doing it as my main way to skate, but at the same time we don't really have any longboard-bros around here. I could see hating on those cats... I think the Fratboard thread speaks to this.

Also, remember the "longboard mega ramp?" That was bad too... nearly every indoor park I've ever skated with a jumpbox was bigger than that fucking thing.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 09:04:59 AM »
thing is now you can get that cool fancy skatelifestyle without acually having passion and determination to learn an activity that takes years of practice. like you skateboard and you still suck at it after years. but longboarding is learnable within a week, by everyone and his granny.
i don't care about people longboarding, but i'm over it when they act like me and them are one kind of a breed.
plus they always come to the shop and geek about bearings and truck angles (i'm talking people who purchase their first longboard and can't even push yet) still they have  big stock of internet and google knowledge and act like they purchase a car or something and keep asking about  technology, "wheels that slide" flex of the board whatever.... when i'm just like "dude this is your first board just ride it, you won't do any better with different truck angles, whatever. just learn how to push." they look at me like i'm the one who don't know shit.
i mean longboarding sucks  even for the transportation aspect most people say they use it for: who wants to carry around a 2 meter plank when he goes to a bar (except j.casanova) and get off the board when a curb gets in your way?
hang loose bro.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:41:47 AM by pica »

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:16 AM »
someone should make a quiz type thing where you see a picture of someone and then try and figure out whether they skate or longboard. i imagine it would be easy as fuck for people who actually skate, but it would be funny to see if even longboarders can pick the clowns out. but i figure it's a 'takes one to know one' type deal.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 09:25:21 AM »
btw:

Five Reasons Why Skateboards Stink and Longboards Rock

Speed: Longboards make skateboards look like a fat kid who recently rolled their ankle.

Cruise: Skateboards don?t cruise they rattle. Ninjas would use longboards as an accessory, they are so quiet and smooth.

Skateboards are for the little kiddies: Longboards are a classic, I don?t think you can ever be too old for a longboard they suit everyone.

Flow: Longboards make concrete turn into snow or waves. Skateboards are a one stop trick shop.

Which do the ladies like better: Would they prefer a small, slow guy that jumps all the time. OR would they prefer a long, smooth, fast, cruisy guy? Enough said!

http://www.skurfboards.com/uncategorized/ten-reasons-why-skateboards-stink-and-longboards-rock.htm

i like how the URL says "TEN REASONS WHY SKATEBOARDERS STINK"

yet they only came up with five.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 09:31:48 AM »
Where do they get this idea that they can go faster on their boards than us? All the longboard fags I see are haphazardly slowly pushing around making huge turns.

johnnymousedoom

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you even get involved with someone like that?

Reason longboards suck- just look at this shop "team," bunch of douches. Especially "Hunter," Dr. Seuss lookin faggot.

http://outlawkreations.com/nwsite/?page_id=17
we both liked writing and poetry
/ i was born without balls.

johnnymousedoom

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:29:32 AM »
btw:
Expand Quote

Five Reasons Why Skateboards Stink and Longboards Rock

Speed: Longboards make skateboards look like a fat kid who recently rolled their ankle.

Cruise: Skateboards don?t cruise they rattle. Ninjas would use longboards as an accessory, they are so quiet and smooth.

Skateboards are for the little kiddies: Longboards are a classic, I don?t think you can ever be too old for a longboard they suit everyone.

Flow: Longboards make concrete turn into snow or waves. Skateboards are a one stop trick shop.

Which do the ladies like better: Would they prefer a small, slow guy that jumps all the time. OR would they prefer a long, smooth, fast, cruisy guy? Enough said!
[close]

http://www.skurfboards.com/uncategorized/ten-reasons-why-skateboards-stink-and-longboards-rock.htm

i like how the URL says "TEN REASONS WHY SKATEBOARDERS STINK"

yet they only came up with five.
one reason why long boarding is attractive to a shit ton of guys. They are lacking length in the trouser, but also don't know how to use it

TonyBologna

• Rep: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 10:41:19 AM »
To each their own, for real. Even roller bladers are just trying to have some fun, scooterer-er-er-ers.....I don't know about that one... But, I really find it funny when I am cruising somewhere and I see a long boarder, it's like, I would say something, but I mean, you can't even do tricks at the spot I'm going to...Keep pushing to your dorm bro.
Skateboarding is easy, I've played Skate 3 dude!

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »
Where do they get this idea that they can go faster on their boards than us? All the longboard fags I see are haphazardly slowly pushing around making huge turns.
A friend of mine who races can go over 100 km/h down a hill on a longboard. I don't know about you, but I don't ever plan on travelling that fast on a skateboard. I think most longboarders are total kooks but if there is one thing you have to give them it's that those things can go fast down a hill, I don't think that one's even up for debate.

That being said, most of them go so slow its painful. And considering pretty much all those guys do on one is push and turn, you would think they could at least manage to do that without looking like total fucks.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

Isaiah Kemp

• Rep: 7
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »
I saw some guy Ripstik'n around campus. I don't understand that. And he got really angry that the professor called it a skateboard?

Brian Clancy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 01:06:50 PM »
I felt awkward once when I was skating gown this bridge and I look over to the other side of the bridge and see two longboarders skating down it too but they were swinging their hips like they were hula hooping or something. Then another time I saw this longboarder pushing with his hands tied behind his back. So yeah a lot of longboarders skate pretty strangely.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
longboards suck because you cant ollie on them. plain & simple

BraveUlysses

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 01:29:44 PM »
Yeah it must feel pretty shitty to come up near a curb and have to step off.

RippingLaces69

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 01:49:05 PM »
I dont have a problem with longboards themselves, it's the people who think longboarding is just as much of a lifestyle as real skateboarding that bug the crap out of me. (The pictures in the second post basically epitomize what im talking about.)

I'd cruise on a long board any day, but nothing compares to the real skateboard obviously.

No mongz

• Rep: -6
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
wrongboarding

escapistfool

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 02:45:28 PM »

CHILLIN is the name of the jpg. lol

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 03:03:34 PM »

Barry Dingle

• Rep: 46
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
come on guys, we're all skaters here. We need to unify and come together as one.

from this entertaining link

garrett hill - welcome to threat

johnnymousedoom

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
come on guys, we're all skaters here. We need to unify and come together as one.

from this entertaining link
Expand Quote
[close]
man those people look so terribly dull

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30