Author Topic: Why Longboards Suck  (Read 27781 times)

Joe Pesci

Re: Why Longboards Suck
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2012, 08:56:19 AM »
no point in longboards kids just put cruiser wheels on a normal set up

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
Expand Quote

cannot hate :o

Man this was an eye soar to watch.. the long ass board makes it hard to fathom... but yea he rips..just hard for me to watch.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
life is too short to longboard.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2012, 05:51:48 PM »
What's up with longboarders and helmets? Every youtube longboard link I've seen in this thread has other longboarders posting "wear a helmet". It was even posted in that "no comply" video where the dude was riding on flatground. ???

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where do you guys live with all these longboard epidemics? is it like New York, Frisco, or LA areas?

[close]
Real question is, where are you from that you are not seeing this?
[close]

...i know it was this click of 3 of them that popped up my last semester of school, but since i moved i havent scene any in atlanta...
Don't worry, they're definitely here.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2012, 09:22:45 PM »
Here's the longboard "megaramp" vid I mentioned earlier (for anyone who hasn't seen it... apologies in advance).
If you just fast forward it to about 7 minutes in, you'll see where it starts hilarious and ends up ridiculous... there was a park in New Orleans that had a jumpbox as big or bigger than what they're calling "mega," we all destroyed the shit out of that thing. Like I mentioned in another post, I got nothing against longboarding and even dork on one sometimes, but this shit is just... dumb as fuck.
Longboard Mini Mega Ramp

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
I'd like for any board company to make a graphic with a naked longboarder with a baby-sized dick holding the longest longboard ever with text at the bottom saying, "Making up the difference." or something to that effect.

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
The way i look at it, if grinding is not an option then its not skating. You can't fly through the air which, along with grinding, is one of the most incredible things ever. Any skateboarder can ride a longboard. The majority of longboarders can't ride a skateboard. If you want to hold the board vertically mall grabbing is you're only option, a minor detail but come on now. When I was growing up in houston, the longboard scene started to get bigger, and is as big as ever. Houston is really flat, so why buy a longboard to cruise across a flat city? because its EASY, its really easy. Why would you need an easier approach to flat ground? It's lazy and boring in my eyes. The high speed longboard video posted earlier was gnarly, they're hauling ass, and its exciting in that sense, you can make anything gnarly, but it was a six minute video with one trick, a camera handoff. curbs to longboards might as well be prison walls. You can skateboard anywhere you can longboard, but not vice versa. Do half cabs have a picture of a longboard on the side of em? Why cruise when you can SHRED?

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2012, 12:55:19 AM »
also, if i'm not mistaken, skateboarders were bombing huge hills with home made slide gloves way before people longboarded.

victor333

« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2012, 01:07:38 AM »
Bombing a hill going 50mph on a longboard is the equivalent of going 20mph on a skateboard...My math may be off, but you get the idea.

Longboards are MEANT for hills. It's like taking an F1 racer up to 200mph...it aint shit. Now, that subaru in your garage that put your blood, sweat, and tears into. Hell yea, 200mph is an achievement.

A skateboard is a Subaru.

And, like other people have said, there's a reason so many people longboard: it's easy.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »

This is absolutely not true, if it was you would see a lot more lesbians pushing around.

fullymared

• Rep: 0
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
These longboarders don't suck.

Longboard Girls Crew
I don't see what the big deal is about. If all you want from skating is to go fast and bomb down some hills, I say it is perfectly fine to own a longboard. While I am sure that I would have eventually graduated to skateboarding if I had started longboarding instead -- on account of skateboarding offering way more possibilities -- I can understand that some people would just like to cruise around and go fast, rather than do flip tricks or grinds, and would therefore just stick with longboarding.

skateordie

• Rep: -38
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Here's the longboard "megaramp" vid I mentioned earlier (for anyone who hasn't seen it... apologies in advance).
If you just fast forward it to about 7 minutes in, you'll see where it starts hilarious and ends up ridiculous... there was a park in New Orleans that had a jumpbox as big or bigger than what they're calling "mega," we all destroyed the shit out of that thing. Like I mentioned in another post, I got nothing against longboarding and even dork on one sometimes, but this shit is just... dumb as fuck.
Longboard Mini Mega Ramp

are these guys really that clueless? how can they not know who danny way is/be aware of his mega.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2012, 09:25:13 AM »

Longboard Girls Crew
I don't see what the big deal is about. If all you want from skating is to go fast and bomb down some hills, I say it is perfectly fine to own a longboard. While I am sure that I would have eventually graduated to skateboarding if I had started longboarding instead -- on account of skateboarding offering way more possibilities -- I can understand that some people would just like to cruise around and go fast, rather than do flip tricks or grinds, and would therefore just stick with longboarding.

if thats you trying to prove than long-boarding doesn't suck, you have failed terribly my friend

fullymared

• Rep: 0
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
It's me proving that not all longboarders suck. It is foolish to make such blanket statements.

If one of those girls skated past and struck up a conversation with you while you were out skating, would you say, directly to their face, "you suck?"

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2012, 09:57:22 AM »
It's me proving that not all longboarders suck. It is foolish to make such blanket statements.

If one of those girls skated past and struck up a conversation with you while you were out skating, would you say, directly to their face, "you suck?"

no but thats just because in real life im very polite, i would however point her to the nearest starbucks, then skate away making sure to ollie up a curb while still in view.

unless your doing 60+mph padless down some huge hill i couldnt care less about this sub-culture

loggedinLurker

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
Skateboarding is serious business.

skateordie

• Rep: -38
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
as phelps once said, "let the hippy ride." BUT, remember, we are NOT one big happy family.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Looks like he's about to lose half his truck, nuts sticking out way too far.

O wait he's never ridden it before, just a fashion gimmick for most
[close]
You realize you are hating on Gonz, right?

I went to UC Berkeley which is built on a hill so it was regularly over-run with wide carving bros surfing the walkways. Only problem is the whole school is built on a hill and they could never stop. I would see them take out pedestrians and I saw a few runaway longboards here and there. Those things should require safety classes and they give us a bad name.

One positive thing to say is that I used to see this longboard pro in Berkeley when I lived here the first time back in 2004. He fucking ripped. He could do 4 foot high tuck-knees in the deep end of the bowl every try. Rumor has it that he is the only one to transfer from the big wall in the street course into the deep end of the bowl (lien to tail. Is that what you call it if you do a straight transfer with no 180?). If you have been there you would know that is unfathomable. I couldn't find a good picture that shows how gnarly this is.

Left side of the photo. The deck is at least 10 feet across.

I went to Berkeley too, didn't give a fuck back then, don't give a fuck now.
you have to  laugh at these idiots pushing mongo and being physically awkward on a board (any board)

victor333

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote

Longboard Girls Crew
[close]

if thats you trying to prove than long-boarding doesn't suck, you have failed terribly my friend

This.

If anything, it just further solidifies the lameness of longboarding. It's obvious those girls would fall flat on their faces trying to push a skateboard, but a longboard is a big, soft, cushy, luxurious, forgiving surfboard with wheels, that anyone can ride

Pike St

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
Bombing a hill going 50mph on a longboard is the equivalent of going 20mph on a skateboard...My math may be off, but you get the idea.

Longboards are MEANT for hills. It's like taking an F1 racer up to 200mph...it aint shit. Now, that subaru in your garage that put your blood, sweat, and tears into. Hell yea, 200mph is an achievement.

And, like other people have said, there's a reason so many people longboard: it's easy.

50mph on a longboard is the same as 20mph on a skateboard? Do you know how fast 50mph is?

foureyedjim

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2012, 12:25:53 PM »

Longboard Girls Crew

The problem with this video is that I can't tell if they're genuinely having fun riding, or having fun looking good in front of a camera.  They seemed too focused on looking pretty, although I could be wrong

Dontkickshitfoot

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
i dont know why but longboarding is hard as fuck (not to say that it isnt super lame, unless your hauling dick down some gnar). Ive been skating for 10 years and will bomb down some gnarly shit, but i have never in my life been able to even stand up on a longboard and get going more than a couple pushes without completely losing my balance that shit completely eludes me....so in conclusion fuck those things and the white brah with dreads and moccasins riding it.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
Longboard Mini Mega Ramp

i clicked on the 6:35 marker and proceeded to throw up all over myself
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Rcurry

• Rep: -7
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »
dude when you buy any board, you are making a compromise. so yes most longer boards are inferior when it comes to maneuvering through city sidewalks. and when you buy a popsicle you got that kick and short WB so of course you can move through the city easier. but you cant take that same board down 40-60mph runs. you see what im saying? and whoever said skating isnt a type of sport....LOLWUTTT

and in response to that original video...if you know anyone that actually skates not 'cruises' like all you fucktards seem to think all longboarding is, youd know that original is a completely garbage company run by kooks.

and last time i checked you can skate any board where you skate another whether its pavement or grass. it just makes more sense to have a smell deck with short wheelbase if you wanna do tricks and to have a longer, thicker board with a longer wb to go as fast as possible and throw down slides at high speeds. i guarantee you wont be hittin fifty on a 12-13inch wb anytime soon. and you arent gonna kickflip a 37-40in board although i know this kid that can skate everything and can do just that on his agent orange which is a bigger board.

and to the dude saying they are trying to 'look pretty'...well all i have to say is wtf. with that logic, you could say any skater was just worried about looking good in his video. passing the camera isnt a trick dude. and the 'trick', since you seem to have to see that word to think that its legitimate skating, is the fact that they are hitting 70mph in that area called talimena. those same guys that are hauling down those hills can throw down standup slides at 40plus and ive seen it. they are from my hometown and they shred, its just a different form of shredding. when you rip through a set of 70mm wheels all the way to the core in just a couple of sessions you are certainly shreddin somethin. ever heard of cliff coleman and sergio yuppie? the originators of sliding starting back in the 70s? ya tell me sliding isnt an aspect of skating when youve done some research. if you look back on skateboarding's history at all...youll see that the longer boards and shorter boards were all being experimented with back in the day. longboarding, sliding, and the whole idea of having a longer wb aint a new idea. dont get the idea your popsicle decks are the the original skateboards and all that egocentric bs because before that shape came out, boards usually looked alot more similar to longboards than your typical trick deck..

and for the dude saying all skaters in houston that longboard do it cuz its easy, tell it to nick hayes face cuz im pretty sure he can throw down standup slides up to 80+ feet and will rape your face down any hill. that kid can shred and is born right in houston

anyone can ride any board. riding a board simply means you are rolling around on it. no one can step on any board without experience and do any sort of trick. so a guy thats a beast at freeride and dh but has never trick skated isnt gonna magically be able to do a kickflip when he gets on a trick deck. just like when the trick skater that can shred street like a beast goes to hit top speed on the fastest hill around, he's gonna get death wobs and fall and isnt gonna be able to stick slides his first go. so your argument saying any skateboarder can ride a longboard but a longboarder cant ride a skateboard is completely illogical and not thought through. it is a matter of experience and nothing else. your skateboard isnt just naturally 'harder' to work with. its just a different style of skating. and certain styles come more naturally to some compared to others

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:46 PM »
Longboarders are usually lame bitches who would actually get heated enough to write such a lengthy rebuttal.

Fuck your sandals, fool!

Rcurry

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:32 PM »
why do we say wear helmets? really? its cuz we want to live if we happen to be launched off our board at high speeds and would rather our helmet take the impact rather than have our heads turn to jello on the curb . that make enough sense to ya? we care about our skull mush, is there anyway i can make this simpler for you? make enough sense to for ya?

and we are tired of the dudebro longboarders with no experience, that cant stop, bombing hills and getting way too fast and gnarly for their level having their heads turn to cranberry sauce at the bottom simply cuz they thought they were too cool for a helmet and putting a bad name on what we love to do.

if you hit a minimum of fourty mph everytime you went out to go skate youd want something keeping your brains inside your skull as well just in case things got hairy.  we care about our skull mush, is there anyway i can make this simpler for you?

Rcurry

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
i dont own a pair of sandal BRO. im from texas bitch, im not some california self righteous prick crusin down the beach on his pintail. and i dont feel like its just to leave any of you out. youre all just so damn ignorant and misinformed about your own sport. i just dont think it seems right to allow you to keep being SO stupid

foureyedjim

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
dude when you buy any board, you are making a compromise. so yes most longer boards are inferior when it comes to maneuvering through city sidewalks. and when you buy a popsicle you got that kick and short WB so of course you can move through the city easier. but you cant take that same board down 40-60mph runs. you see what im saying? and whoever said skating isnt a type of sport....LOLWUTTT

and in response to that original video...if you know anyone that actually skates not 'cruises' like all you fucktards seem to think all longboarding is, youd know that original is a completely garbage company run by kooks.

and last time i checked you can skate any board where you skate another whether its pavement or grass. it just makes more sense to have a smell deck with short wheelbase if you wanna do tricks and to have a longer, thicker board with a longer wb to go as fast as possible and throw down slides at high speeds. i guarantee you wont be hittin fifty on a 12-13inch wb anytime soon. and you arent gonna kickflip a 37-40in board although i know this kid that can skate everything and can do just that on his agent orange which is a bigger board.

and to the dude saying they are trying to 'look pretty'...well all i have to say is wtf. with that logic, you could say any skater was just worried about looking good in his video. passing the camera isnt a trick dude. and the 'trick', since you seem to have to see that word to think that its legitimate skating, is the fact that they are hitting 70mph in that area called talimena. those same guys that are hauling down those hills can throw down standup slides at 40plus and ive seen it. they are from my hometown and they shred, its just a different form of shredding. when you rip through a set of 70mm wheels all the way to the core in just a couple of sessions you are certainly shreddin somethin. ever heard of cliff coleman and sergio yuppie? the originators of sliding starting back in the 70s? ya tell me sliding isnt an aspect of skating when youve done some research. if you look back on skateboarding's history at all...youll see that the longer boards and shorter boards were all being experimented with back in the day. longboarding, sliding, and the whole idea of having a longer wb aint a new idea. dont get the idea your popsicle decks are the the original skateboards and all that egocentric bs because before that shape came out, boards usually looked alot more similar to longboards than your typical trick deck..

and for the dude saying all skaters in houston that longboard do it cuz its easy, tell it to nick hayes face cuz im pretty sure he can throw down standup slides up to 80+ feet and will rape your face down any hill. that kid can shred and is born right in houston

anyone can ride any board. riding a board simply means you are rolling around on it. no one can step on any board without experience and do any sort of trick. so a guy thats a beast at freeride and dh but has never trick skated isnt gonna magically be able to do a kickflip when he gets on a trick deck. just like when the trick skater that can shred street like a beast goes to hit top speed on the fastest hill around, he's gonna get death wobs and fall and isnt gonna be able to stick slides his first go. so your argument saying any skateboarder can ride a longboard but a longboarder cant ride a skateboard is completely illogical and not thought through. it is a matter of experience and nothing else. your skateboard isnt just naturally 'harder' to work with. its just a different style of skating. and certain styles come more naturally to some compared to others

dude, why are you so intent on changing our view of longboarders?  If you love longboarding, you should be able to do it without trying to justify yourself doing it to anyone.  Unless someone comes up to you in real life and talks shit to you, you don't need to defend yourself.  By the way, I really don't have any real animosity towards them, I just prefer 'regular' skateboarding over it.

Rcurry

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
i also find it hilarious that so many of you street skaters have such a cold metal rod up your collective asses over whats literally just another form of skating. if you get on silverfish you dont all of a sudden find a bunch of threads about 'why skateboarding sucks' cuz we simply dont care. skatin is skatin and you need to take a lesson from the man, mark gonzales, if you think otherwise