Author Topic: AUSTIN, TEXAS  (Read 5370 times)

china white

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: AUSTIN, TEXAS
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Dudes...

I will be in Austin from this Monday the 16th until Friday the 20th. Heading back to NYC that evening.

I'll be in work related stuff/training from 9:00am until 3:00pm. I definitely want to skate.

Just coming off a knee injury, so not looking for too heavy a session, want to keep it way chill. I'll be staying at the Driskill Hotel on Brazos street, wherever the fuck that is. I know nothing about Austin.

Can someone please recommend a good park, I'm not too tranny inclined having spent a lot of time in NYC (no, I'm not a pant-roller)?

If anyone can offer some advice I'd be psyched. Thanks.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »
Sorry for the bump. Just got into UT as a transfer student. Moving here from Long Beach in Fall. Looking for anyone with leads on an apartment or needs a roomate around that time. Leads on jobs, suggestions on good areas to look for places, or you can tell me to fuck off and I'll understand. I know this site isn't craigslist but I can't leave any stones left unturned. Thanks in advance!

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
Sorry for the bump. Just got into UT as a transfer student. Moving here from Long Beach in Fall. Looking for anyone with leads on an apartment or needs a roomate around that time. Leads on jobs, suggestions on good areas to look for places, or you can tell me to fuck off and I'll understand. I know this site isn't craigslist but I can't leave any stones left unturned. Thanks in advance!

1st off, welcome to Austin. Depending on your taste there are some cool areas near the UT area. I like the North Loop neighborhood, just a couple miles north of the campus. It's a little hipster'ish but there's a cool little skate shop there (Apparition), usually lots of pretty girls strolling around, and rent was reasonable last time I looked. I'd say stop by the shop, let them know you're new to town and ask about spots. Just a short drive from the shop there's the Patterson park mini-ramp and some fun ledges in the park across the street. Pretty much the rule in any new city is go to the shops and ask around.

If you ever find yourself up in the NW area stop by Hobo's Skate Shack in Cedar Park. Also a group of really stand-up dudes. Just steer clear of TekGnar. Fuck that place.

When I was going to scout the city before moving here I actually found a lot of promising housing shares on craigslist. I think noting in my add that I was a skateboarder helped filter the responses so the ones I did get were more on my level.

Good luck man. Austin is a rad place with a great skate community, tons of good spots, and several sick parks.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1291
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 10:54:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1st off, welcome to Austin. Depending on your taste there are some cool areas near the UT area. I like the North Loop neighborhood, just a couple miles north of the campus. It's a little hipster'ish but there's a cool little skate shop there (Apparition), usually lots of pretty girls strolling around, and rent was reasonable last time I looked. I'd say stop by the shop, let them know you're new to town and ask about spots. Just a short drive from the shop there's the Patterson park mini-ramp and some fun ledges in the park across the street. Pretty much the rule in any new city is go to the shops and ask around.

If you ever find yourself up in the NW area stop by Hobo's Skate Shack in Cedar Park. Also a group of really stand-up dudes. Just steer clear of TekGnar. Fuck that place.

When I was going to scout the city before moving here I actually found a lot of promising housing shares on craigslist. I think noting in my add that I was a skateboarder helped filter the responses so the ones I did get were more on my level.

Good luck man. Austin is a rad place with a great skate community, tons of good spots, and several sick parks.
Thanks for the tips, man, Ill look into North Loop. Pumped to hear that the skate scene is healthy there. So excited to become a regular in a place other than the typical SoCal park/spot.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:15 PM »
No comply was a great shop and the help was awesome. That's sick how close the park is.

Someon explain to me the fuck Dallas vibe here in Austin.