Author Topic: Jake's Junt: a St. Louis skate video founded on a pun  (Read 2485 times)

jakenjoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
Jake's Junt: a St. Louis skate video founded on a pun
« on: June 11, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
Hello internetters,

Fellow internettee here, just posting a link to the first full length skate video I ever made.  It was all filmed, edited and everything (poorly) by me (with the obvious exception of my own footage being filmed by a few of my friends) so feel free to direct all complaints, hate and slices of pizza towards my face (as long as it isn't Imo's Pizza).  That being said, there's also a portion of footage towards the end of the "Non-Region Specific Hustlers" part that was donated GL2 footage of my friend that he had acquired over the years. 

The filming took place over a few years, and some of Randy Ploesser's footage was used in his "Welcome to The High 5" part (sorry for the Deja Vu).  I was waiting for the rest of Clint Walker's footage to be used to post everything online as well, so you might have Deja Vu during the "Spain" portion as well.  Also Birdhouse had a version of Clint Walker and Randy Ploesser's "1 Night in Paralel" on their website for a while, but it was taken down once Randy parted ways with the Hawk's house.

Anyway, there's enough "new" content in here to make it worth a watch.  There are some cameo appearances by Clint Peterson, Marty Murawski, Jabari Pendleton, Yann Horowitz, Fernan Origel and former OIAM contestant Drew Etzkorn.  I can't thank them, and the rest of my friends, enough.  Everyone donated their time, support and superior physical skateboarding prowess to help make this video possible. If you have any questions for me feel free to ask!  If you want a hard copy of the DVD they are selling for the cost it takes to package/ship them at www.jakesjunt.tumblr.com . If you're going to ask when "St. Losers" is coming out though, the only answer I can give you is "not soon enough"!

Jake's Junt (Full Video)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:08:38 PM by jakenjoi »

S.E.

Re: Jake's Junt: a St. Louis skate video founded on a pun
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:54:37 PM »
GNARLY! good watch! Drew Kettlekorn needs to get hooked up

jakenjoi

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
Thanks, and I agree! He's company flow for DVS and Birdhouse right now (and Matix too I believe), but I withheld most of his footage from this video to save up for his St. Losers part.  He's sitting on a ton of footage!

Water Plantis

• Rep: -13
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »
Love st loius, when was this video made?

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:12:52 AM »
This is such a good watch, Thanks for putting this up!

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:33:12 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed watching that, great parts and brilliant music selection, the "1 night in par-ralel" was a laugh and the outro clips were gold
Thank you for putting this up!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:36:10 AM by Thelonious P »

jakenjoi

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
Water plantis: the video was released about a year and a half ago, but the footage goes back as far as 4 years ago.

Thanks gargles for the kind words! And you too Thelonious (also nice sig)! The 1 night in parallel was fun to film too. I remember on that night there was some sort of concert going on so it kept getting more and more crowded, and on one of Clint's 5-0 attempts he interrupted 2 girls making out on the ledge. If it would have been more clear in the footage I would have put it in!

Positive Frequencies

• Rep: 3
    • sharkbait 'zine avatar image
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
Great that you're so humble, but that was a really good watch- congratulations! 

(I honestly never post unless something is really rad- cool spots and crew!)

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 01:32:33 PM »
Water plantis: the video was released about a year and a half ago, but the footage goes back as far as 4 years ago.

Thanks gargles for the kind words! And you too Thelonious (also nice sig)! The 1 night in parallel was fun to film too. I remember on that night there was some sort of concert going on so it kept getting more and more crowded, and on one of Clint's 5-0 attempts he interrupted 2 girls making out on the ledge. If it would have been more clear in the footage I would have put it in!

Haha! Would've loved to have seen that! You're so humble man and your video got me super hyped, I will order a copy of my own as soon as I get some money. I would really love to have this in on dvd

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 11:35:17 PM »
sick video,i will be buying one for sure,skating a rad one board now,st losers video will be sick, thanks for posting this:)wissman and laird for life!

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 11:38:41 PM »
stl is for sure one my favorite cities i've been to for skating, any of you guys happen to stop there go to infinity skate shop!  Good dudes!!

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 11:53:47 PM »
yeah infinity is the real deal, i wish the sold stuff online, i understand why they dont but it sucks for guys like me, living in columbia mo, its an hour and a half drive to get to stl,i still support them when i go there tho,st louis also has some amazing spots

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 03:45:43 AM »
damn, that DIY spot looks so sick. kings highway?

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
Grew up skating in StL, love seeing footy from there.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »
Any chance that you will make this availbe for mobile view? This video was the only thing I had to look forward to.

jakenjoi

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 04:18:57 PM »
Thanks Positive Frequencies! Positive VIBES!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm glad to hear other people are so psyched on St. Louis and the scene here! Infinity is a great place, and Jason is truly a great person.  I really can't say enough great things about him. 

And yeah the DIY place is the one under the Kingshighway bridge.   It's changed so much since then, all for the better though!

I'm sorry, I can't make it available for mobile view probably due to copyright claims. I'll keep trying though!

trannies and mannies

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
Ploesser's part was great, your clips in there were pretty good to.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:03 AM »
Thanks Positive Frequencies! Positive VIBES!  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm glad to hear other people are so psyched on St. Louis and the scene here! Infinity is a great place, and Jason is truly a great person.  I really can't say enough great things about him. 

And yeah the DIY place is the one under the Kingshighway bridge.   It's changed so much since then, all for the better though!

I'm sorry, I can't make it available for mobile view probably due to copyright claims. I'll keep trying though!

Don't worry about it and thanks for trying. I'm loading the video right now. Hope to get me pumped cause I plan to skate tomorrow.

FancyHerling

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
this video was sick!. me and a few friends are going down there tomorrow i think.  You know any good rails out there, other than that fat circle one?

luc

• Rep: -118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 12:54:04 PM »
ploesser needs to get waaaay more coverage. its seriously incredible to watch him skate

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
Fuck, that was good.