Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 139490 times)

trannies and mannies

Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2012, 06:36:24 PM »
WHY DOESNT REDA PRETEND TO ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE ANYMORE!?!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
So far all of these games have been really predictable. I was stoned and this one still wasn't cool.

victor333

« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »
WHY DOESNT REDA PRETEND TO ACT LIKE AN ASSHOLE ANYMORE!?!

He probably just doesn't give a shit and he's kinda forced to do two interviews before every game and two after.

He's still an asshole in his Wednesday's with Reda....well, word around town is that he is...I mean, it's not like I watch anything on the berrics... :-X

cookieboy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #423 on: March 11, 2012, 08:59:53 AM »
I was surprised when Keelan did the double nollie heel.

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
    • frozen in carbonite
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »
Fynn's accent is tight

wesconian

• Rep: -10
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2012, 09:04:08 AM »
that was terrible

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #426 on: March 11, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »
Nah, BATB gets really boring. They should spice things up.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #427 on: March 11, 2012, 09:14:53 AM »
Wow... Keelan Dadd does not fucking play. Starting with nollie double heel? Shiiiiiit.

Fynn's accent is tight

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #428 on: March 11, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
Wow... Keelan Dadd does not fucking play. Starting with nollie double heel? Shiiiiiit.

Fynn's accent is tight

But he was super sketchy on basic tricks. 

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
I'm not sure if Tommy Fynn is black or not, but if he is... this would mark the first BATB weekend in which all of the participants were brothas.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • GNARBUNGA!
« Reply #430 on: March 11, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
keelan dadd need to learn humility. his ego got in the way big time.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
I'm not sure if Tommy Fynn is black or not, but if he is... this would mark the first BATB weekend in which all of the participants were brothas.

That would be a ground breaking day in US history.  I thought this was a game of whose hat brim could get closer to vertical.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:04 AM »

That would be a ground breaking day in US history.  I thought this was a game of whose hat brim could get closer to vertical.

Anyone who steps into that place with some sort of head-covering device tries to break that record.

Riverside

• Rep: -30
« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2012, 11:46:51 AM »
Nah, BATB gets really boring. They should spice things up.
maybe the berrics should ask OIAM how to spice things up
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
    • frozen in carbonite
« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2012, 12:40:34 PM »
Keelan has balls.  comin' out all guns blazing. If he continues on this trajectory he will become the mid-00's Gilbert Arenas of skating.

Mountain Dew patch on snapback is not cool though, i know we live in T.E.T.'s (as Berra likes to say) but c'mon bro

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1011
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
« Reply #435 on: March 11, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »
Keelan is sick, oozes out style.

Not hating on the Mt. DEW patch either.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #436 on: March 11, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »

BURRRPRINT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
Keelan threw some spice with those double heelflips.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
Yeah something about him pisses me off but I don't know what it is exactly. Also Tommy Fynn's style is dope.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:35:48 PM by BraveUlysses »

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Yeah something about him pisses me off but I don't know what it is exactly. Also Tommy Fynn's style is dope.

I honestly didn't see anything that indicated Keelan having a big ego.  I'm not crazy for his skating, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with his character.  

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:58:36 PM by foureyedjim »

thunderwood

• Rep: -16
    • Youtube
« Reply #440 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
Is that hat the first new thing he has ever owned?  Is that why he keeps the tags on?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
  • GNARBUNGA!
« Reply #441 on: March 11, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »

I honestly didn't see anything that indicated Keelan having a big ego.  I'm not crazy for his skating, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with his character.  

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha

just look at his reaction when the winner is announced. playing a clown, like it's no biggie, even though he started out with serious tricks. dude went for it, lost like a fool, then acted a fool.

samsk8

• Rep: -26
  • maddd propzzz
« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
GIMME A T-O-M-M-Y

FYNN FYNN HES OUR MAN!!!!!!
bomb ur mutha f**kn city!!

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
thats what i like to see after 5 battles of this. forget this pussy footing around "i'm going to start with basics" style of play. straight into it nollie double heel.

Zach M.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
Keelan has balls.  comin' out all guns blazing. If he continues on this trajectory he will become the mid-00's Gilbert Arenas of skating.

Mountain Dew patch on snapback is not cool though, i know we live in T.E.T.'s (as Berra likes to say) but c'mon bro

Seriously dude? Having corporate sponsors is not selling out, it just means more money in your pocket so you can pay the bills. When will people realize this? I'm currently writing music and it's not for the money, it's for the love. But I'd have to be really stupid to hope for a career in music in which I don't make any money and live a life of poverty...that just simply makes no sense.

Red

• Rep: 45
« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »

The hat tags, definitley the tags.

ok ok, and maaaybe the label facing outwards swig of 'dew' he had during the intro.

Also is it just be or is anyone else put in excruciating pain when watching Reda act real serious in the interviews at the end.
Got so much second hand embarrassment I had to turn it off.

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha

just look at his reaction when the winner is announced. playing a clown, like it's no biggie, even though he started out with serious tricks. dude went for it, lost like a fool, then acted a fool.

I dunno, you can tell he was being pretty friendly with Tommy the whole game, so to me he didn't do anything wrong.

But I will say it again, he dresses way too "fresh" when he's skateboarding.  Probably could have won without all that metal weighing him down.

edit: this image was pretty funny to me
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:04:10 PM by foureyedjim »

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
    • frozen in carbonite
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »

Seriously dude? Having corporate sponsors is not selling out, it just means more money in your pocket so you can pay the bills. When will people realize this? I'm currently writing music and it's not for the money, it's for the love. But I'd have to be really stupid to hope for a career in music in which I don't make any money and live a life of poverty...that just simply makes no sense.

Having kooky corporate sponsors in order to make as much money as possible is fine. I get it. I meant that, from a strictly aesthetic standpoint, applying a mountain dew patch to one's hat just doesn't look cool. That's just my opinion. I fully get it, though, especially if some corporate higher-up gave him a directive to do so. Gotta pay the bills, like you said. And if some dude who works for PepsiCo or whatever offers some kind of monetary incentive to drink Mountain Dew (label out) on camera, do that too. Gotta be a team player, just like any job.

jimi420

« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
All the mountain dew/flashy chains aside, Keelan will probably have one of the best parts in the DGK video. I think the first part might go to Marquise Henry but Keelan's part will standout for sure.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »

Would you sign with a shitty label if they were the first to offer you a paycheck?