Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170003 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »
I rooting for team Koston. Hopefully PJ wins this shit.

managuense

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »
taking flatground skating that serious = gay

Skate Edge

• Rep: -36
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2012, 06:30:25 PM »
My guess is they'll never let Rodney Mullen compete, because it's just not fair to everyone else.  He's thrice as good as the next best flat ground tech skater.  He could beat everyone else in exactly 5 turns. 

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2012, 06:59:53 PM »
I'm sort of disappointed with the choices they made. These things are becoming redundant, they are getting the same dudes every time. Plus, my first pick would have been Rodney Mullen. These dudes were too focused on the young guns to even think of the legends. Idiots.

lol cuz rodney mullen automatically just gave his consent to participate huh?

dont be so quick to throw hate. i dont mind if niggas have they opinions but ignorance is whack as fuck.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »
Since when have they cared about consent?the one where the public got to vote had like 8 guys who were chosen back out.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
Since when have they cared about consent?the one where the public got to vote had like 8 guys who were chosen back out.

yea the one where the public got to vote. nigga the public didnt vote on this now did they?  they cant just say "oh ima get rodney mullen" without mullen actually being available/willing to participate. especially in that scripted ass video.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2012, 07:38:22 PM »
Mullen genuinely and modestly said in his autobiography that he doesn't compete anymore because he got tired of just winning all the time, and he felt bad for his opponents for dominating them so badly.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #127 on: February 07, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
If Rodney was in it, I wonder if everyone he faces would have to do all of their tricks switch too.

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #128 on: February 07, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Rodney is the best dude around
For Your Health

victor333

« Reply #129 on: February 07, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is pretty much who's gonna be there but there might be a few substitutions

Mike mo, Billy marks, Benny Fairfax, Pj lad, Chris Cole, Dennis Busenitz, David Gonzalez, Torey Pudwill, Jimmy Carlin, Corey Kennedy, Peter Ramondetta, Mark Appleyard, Paul Rodriguez, Lem Villemin, Felipe Gustavo, Ronnie Creager, Danilo Cerezini, Rodrigo Tx, Davis Torgerson, Sewa Kroetkov, Tom Asta, Alex Mizurov, Shane O'neill, Willow, Morgan Smith, Wade Desarmo, Luan Oliveira, Ishod Wair, Albert Nyberg, Tommy Sandoval, Nyjah Huston

[close]

so literally everyone from last year besides Nyjah? that would suck.
[close]

I doubt alex mizurov beeing there, he said in an interview berra would be a kook and that they treated him not very well, fucked up his time plan, also morgan smiths last trick the fakie inwardy thing was refilmed when alex was in the shower... stuff like that
[close]

can anyone confirm? That would totally suck if they start to stage games.

Wanna tell me what the point of that would be?

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #130 on: February 07, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is pretty much who's gonna be there but there might be a few substitutions

Mike mo, Billy marks, Benny Fairfax, Pj lad, Chris Cole, Dennis Busenitz, David Gonzalez, Torey Pudwill, Jimmy Carlin, Corey Kennedy, Peter Ramondetta, Mark Appleyard, Paul Rodriguez, Lem Villemin, Felipe Gustavo, Ronnie Creager, Danilo Cerezini, Rodrigo Tx, Davis Torgerson, Sewa Kroetkov, Tom Asta, Alex Mizurov, Shane O'neill, Willow, Morgan Smith, Wade Desarmo, Luan Oliveira, Ishod Wair, Albert Nyberg, Tommy Sandoval, Nyjah Huston

[close]

so literally everyone from last year besides Nyjah? that would suck.
[close]

I doubt alex mizurov beeing there, he said in an interview berra would be a kook and that they treated him not very well, fucked up his time plan, also morgan smiths last trick the fakie inwardy thing was refilmed when alex was in the shower... stuff like that
[close]

can anyone confirm? That would totally suck if they start to stage games.
[close]

Wanna tell me what the point of that would be?

I wasn't there so I'm basically talking out my ass, but I could see how they would want to film a critical trick again if they'd find out the the cameramen were zooming in on someones as crack at the time or whatever. You know, because they only care about appearances and pleasing their fans who are teens who don't actually skate.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2012, 01:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
I wish they'd have a sane vs. insane BATB. On the insane team they could have Doug Brown, Andy Mac, Jeremy Rogers, Lizard King, Berra, Gator, Mark Gonzales...the list could go on and on.
[close]
Me too. That would be so awesome. Add Gou Miyagi, Todd Falcon, and Richie Jackson to your list

haha, can you imagine a Todd Falcon vs Doug Brown game?

great idea! i think my favorite game ever was mike vallely vs. chris cole just because they both have such a different bag of tricks; makes it so much more interesting.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2012, 03:44:07 AM »
at the beginning it seemed like Nike vs DC.

i suggest a third team should be in this as well! We get to pick!
i would add Daewon, Luan, Willow, Lucas Puig, Busenitz

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2012, 05:03:58 AM »
^why does berra act like nobody on this planet has ever played a game of skate with three skaters before? or is it because he invented the game of skate?

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2012, 06:09:24 AM »
Berra invented skateboarding. You should get on your knees and pray to lord Berra. Before the berrics, all there was to do for entertainment was pushing a hoop with a stick or kicking a tin can of beans down the street.

jimi420

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2012, 06:41:30 AM »
I'm surprised PJ would even agree. He's been to the final four in every single one and still hasn't won. You'd think he'd be burnt out.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
i hope mullen secretly agrees with the majority of slap and thinks berra/the berrics is whack and has that reason for not entering this

victor333

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2012, 09:12:56 AM »
Berra invented skateboarding. You should get on your knees and pray to lord Berra. Before the berrics, all there was to do for entertainment was pushing a hoop with a stick or kicking a tin can of beans down the street.

We don't talk about those times...the dark ages.

Praise Lord Berra for bringing us out of the darkness and into the light of skateboarding, the grand activity he invented.

All in favor of changing it to Berra Boarding?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2012, 09:35:31 AM »
I'm down for the term berra boarding but I'm pretty sure my friends were playing skate a week before the first batb came out, coulda been the week after tho
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
i hope mullen secretly agrees with the majority of slap and thinks berra/the berrics is whack and has that reason for not entering this

He probably looks at the berrics the same way most real skaters do. Its a site for frequent web-clips of pros skating a small private park. Nothing more, nothing less. Ill admit berra certainly does seem like he's milking it but at the same time I gotta respect his hustle he puts alot of hard work into that shit and the footage is good. Now I hardly EVER check out the berrics anymore but its a cool way to kill some time & watch some good skateboarding. I seen that shit since day one (literally) and it really is kinda dope how he turned a lil unimportant website into an internet phenomenon, no matter how corny that shit can be sometimes. Id say that overall they've had a postive impact on skateboarding, although that shit certainly has its flaws

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2012, 10:27:07 AM »
Isn't one Mullen's legs/ankle fucked up or is the whole switching stance thing a rumor?

at the beginning it seemed like Nike vs DC.

i suggest a third team should be in this as well! We get to pick!
i would add Daewon, Luan, Willow, Lucas Puig, Busenitz

I think COTG said it on here. I think alot of us assume people are good on flat since they skate so well on ledges/stairs/whatever but they really aren't. Willow was pretty damn horrible in the last BATB and Lucas wasn't nearly as good as I thought. Even Luan had a hard time with all that kickflip 360 shit but that is cause the trick is almost a standard with people that have a good flat game.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49:21 AM »
^why does berra act like nobody on this planet has ever played a game of skate with three skaters before? or is it because he invented the game of skate?
seriously, its not that hard. he just needs to learn when to shut up.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
http://theberrics.com/gen-ops/batb-v-team-koston-qualifier-with-the-mcclung-brothers.html

McClung qualifier match.

I always liked Taylor's style the most, surprised to see he didn't do that well, shows the relative unimportance of flatground skating I guess.

Maxell Oneal

• Rep: -1
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2012, 02:05:10 PM »
Can't wait to see Moose and Boo skate.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
I'm sort of disappointed with the choices they made. These things are becoming redundant, they are getting the same dudes every time. Plus, my first pick would have been Rodney Mullen. These dudes were too focused on the young guns to even think of the legends. Idiots.

present day mullen? you know he's like 85 years old right

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
I'm down for the term berra boarding but I'm pretty sure my friends were playing skate a week before the first batb came out, coulda been the week after tho

Pfft. I heard some old timer at the skatepark say he was playing SKATE with his friends months before batb. Had to ask him, well if you invented this awesome game all by yourself where's the video footage? Where's the brackets painted on the walls? Where's the website? Shut him right the fuck up. Hate it when people try to steal Steve's shine.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

rudolph

• Rep: 2
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:28 PM »
This S K A T E this is quickly becoming the new freestyle skateboarding, kids can do crazy flip tricks on the ground but cant drop in on a quarter pipe