Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170035 times)

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Community Push avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2012, 07:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm sort of disappointed with the choices they made. These things are becoming redundant, they are getting the same dudes every time. Plus, my first pick would have been Rodney Mullen. These dudes were too focused on the young guns to even think of the legends. Idiots.
[close]

present day mullen? you know he's like 85 years old right

I'm pretty sure he still skates for 2 hours every night.

wigs

« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »
Expand Quote
i hope mullen secretly agrees with the majority of slap and thinks berra/the berrics is whack and has that reason for not entering this
[close]

He probably looks at the berrics the same way most real skaters do. Its a site for frequent web-clips of pros skating a small private park. Nothing more, nothing less. Ill admit berra certainly does seem like he's milking it but at the same time I gotta respect his hustle he puts alot of hard work into that shit and the footage is good. Now I hardly EVER check out the berrics anymore but its a cool way to kill some time & watch some good skateboarding. I seen that shit since day one (literally) and it really is kinda dope how he turned a lil unimportant website into an internet phenomenon, no matter how corny that shit can be sometimes. Id say that overall they've had a postive impact on skateboarding, although that shit certainly has its flaws

this ^

that being said, jerry has all these dudes shook, too bad he's not in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDMA86eJOMg&feature=related

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm sort of disappointed with the choices they made. These things are becoming redundant, they are getting the same dudes every time. Plus, my first pick would have been Rodney Mullen. These dudes were too focused on the young guns to even think of the legends. Idiots.
[close]

present day mullen? you know he's like 85 years old right
[close]

I'm pretty sure he still skates for 2 hours every night.

and would still beat everyone ... SWITCH :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2012, 03:40:10 AM »
Rodney in it would be awesome hell i wouldn't care if he was knocked out first round (unlikely) I just want to see new footage from him, even if it is in a game of skate.

Beyond that I all i want from this battle is something fun. i've seen enough flatground kickflips in the previous rounds to last a lifetime. what else have you pros got? allow no complys or freestyle, fucking anything just make it fun.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »
i always wanted to see them do a series where they play SKATE ona flatbar. THAT would yield some interesting footage

Fred_Brazil

• Rep: -5
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »
They mispelled Luan de Oliveira`s name....

managuense

• Rep: -27
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:50 PM »
yeah they have that whole park and just play flatground skate. it basically comes down to consistency over anything

nonstripedzebra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
 on the fucking list behind koston was fucking rodney mullen r u fucking kidding me you want the best to beat each other why in the hell would'nt you take the man who fucking invented flatground. i love koston but the berrics does"nt seem to have to much love for the old school. seriously if mullen was in it there would be no contest at all

Stunts

« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Maybe Rodney doesn't want anything to do with the berrics whatsoever? I can only imagine that's why half the people that should be in there are not.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2012, 04:16:40 PM »
steve berra picked chaz ortiz hahaha what a faggot

Stunts

« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
you really think they are picking people they think would make a good team? not when the companies are paying for it....

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
Who is paying for steez ortiz?gatorade? Axion?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

BraveUlysses

« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
on the fucking list behind koston was fucking rodney mullen r u fucking kidding me you want the best to beat each other why in the hell would'nt you take the man who fucking invented flatground. i love koston but the berrics does"nt seem to have to much love for the old school. seriously if mullen was in it there would be no contest at all
  Just because his name was up there it doesn't mean he was available or even wanted to do it. Is Rodney even at the same skill level anymore?

victor333

« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
i always wanted to see them do a series where they play SKATE ona flatbar. THAT would yield some interesting footage

There's a video out of Kevin Romar vs. Louie Lopez, and they play skate on a flat bar. Twas pretty interesting. Actually the whole thing was, like, a 3-round contest. First was a stair set/hubba, second was a combo section with a couple of small sets, and I think they did the flat bar for bonus...However hell the order was, it was interesting and fun to watch, and I wish they employ a similar idea at the BATB5, instead of the usual affair.

Stunts

« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
screw a game of on a flat bar i dont wanna see an all time fav have to try something like a crooks to backlip or something gay like that flat bar game of would put all the gross skaters at an advantage instantly

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

Speaking of that board behind him, I think you are all missing the biggest name on it. Bob Burnquist. Now who wouldn't want to see Bob Burnquist play a flatground game of SKATE?
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Speaking of that board behind him, I think you are all missing the biggest name on it. Bob Burnquist. Now who wouldn't want to see Bob Burnquist play a flatground game of SKATE?

Would loved to have seen that.  He does switch tres and shit on vert ramps and megas, would be interesting to see how he skates flat.

Has Sheckler ever done anything with the Berrics?  And if not does that make him cooler?  Or is he just busy being paid to tell kids to stay in school or whatever it is that he does.

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm down for the term berra boarding but I'm pretty sure my friends were playing skate a week before the first batb came out, coulda been the week after tho
[close]

Pfft. I heard some old timer at the skatepark say he was playing SKATE with his friends months before batb. Had to ask him, well if you invented this awesome game all by yourself where's the video footage? Where's the brackets painted on the walls? Where's the website? Shut him right the fuck up. Hate it when people try to steal Steve's shine.
haha

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2012, 07:35:05 AM »
Has Sheckler ever done anything with the Berrics?  And if not does that make him cooler?  Or is he just busy being paid to tell kids to stay in school or whatever it is that he does.
I don't know, but he puts out more footage from outside of that place from demos and such. Don't try to act like Sheckler doesn't kill it.

nonstripedzebra

• Rep: -8
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Just because his name was up there it doesn't mean he was available or even wanted to do it. Is Rodney even at the same skill level anymore?

no i figured that cause there were alot of dues that i know would never do it on that board but im sure the guy could dominate it and if not it would just be awesome to watch. rodney's just awesome i dont skate like him or even want to but its just so his personality love that guy. but i second hsu he could dominate i had him winning the second one. you ever see those vids of him in his garage just doing crazy flatground haha. he would drop a storm flip too it'd be so tight. you know too that if he was in it he would really want to win like secretly just bust out his old crazyass tricks man i would love that. i just hope they get more creative. they should do weirder stuff like the carroll koston battle where they were doing weird stuff i want that.

victor333

« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Would loved to have seen that.  He does switch tres and shit on vert ramps and megas, would be interesting to see how he skates flat.

I know for sure he's done a 'text yoself' and a 'trickipedia'. His cab flips are pretty nice

BraveUlysses

« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »
Team Berra qualifier match(sounds corny)
http://theberrics.com/dailyops

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »
so you dudes really care about this faggotry? so much shit-talkin on the Berrics, but when this comes around you all get excited like lil school girls.

permaban everyone who's hyped on this dorky trash.

Maxell Oneal

• Rep: -1
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »
so you dudes really care about this faggotry? so much shit-talkin on the Berrics, but when this comes around you all get excited like lil school girls.

Not to be mean or anything but this is how we can see how some skaters are consistent with their tricks. I'm personally rooting for Boo since this his first time in it and I get to see his flatground.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not to be mean or anything but this is how we can see how some skaters are consistent with their tricks. I'm personally rooting for Boo since this his first time in it and I get to see his flatground.

More so than consistency, I think its interesting to see guys try the tricks you don't see in the video parts, and see who pull it off.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2012, 01:20:11 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

streetlevel

• Rep: -1
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
LUAN FOR THE WIN, thought he wasn't in it? Not that im complaining, dude is amazing.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2012, 03:37:03 AM »
Damm, PJ will go far. Also Morgan. Mike Mo does not really care anymore, Nyjah is good at flatground but the others are better, myabe Cole but yeah, this time PJ!

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2012, 03:37:54 AM »
No TX. sucks

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!