Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170014 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #420 on: March 11, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #421 on: March 11, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
Keelan threw some spice with those double heelflips.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #422 on: March 11, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
keelan dadd need to learn humility. his ego got in the way big time.
Yeah something about him pisses me off but I don't know what it is exactly. Also Tommy Fynn's style is dope.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:35:48 PM by BraveUlysses »

foureyedjim

« Reply #423 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah something about him pisses me off but I don't know what it is exactly. Also Tommy Fynn's style is dope.

I honestly didn't see anything that indicated Keelan having a big ego.  I'm not crazy for his skating, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with his character.  

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:58:36 PM by foureyedjim »

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #424 on: March 11, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
Is that hat the first new thing he has ever owned?  Is that why he keeps the tags on?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #425 on: March 11, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I honestly didn't see anything that indicated Keelan having a big ego.  I'm not crazy for his skating, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with his character.  

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha

just look at his reaction when the winner is announced. playing a clown, like it's no biggie, even though he started out with serious tricks. dude went for it, lost like a fool, then acted a fool.

samsk8

• Rep: -26
  • maddd propzzz
« Reply #426 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
GIMME A T-O-M-M-Y

FYNN FYNN HES OUR MAN!!!!!!
bomb ur mutha f**kn city!!

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #427 on: March 11, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
thats what i like to see after 5 battles of this. forget this pussy footing around "i'm going to start with basics" style of play. straight into it nollie double heel.

Zach M.

• Rep: -4
« Reply #428 on: March 11, 2012, 04:18:32 PM »
Keelan has balls.  comin' out all guns blazing. If he continues on this trajectory he will become the mid-00's Gilbert Arenas of skating.

Mountain Dew patch on snapback is not cool though, i know we live in T.E.T.'s (as Berra likes to say) but c'mon bro

Seriously dude? Having corporate sponsors is not selling out, it just means more money in your pocket so you can pay the bills. When will people realize this? I'm currently writing music and it's not for the money, it's for the love. But I'd have to be really stupid to hope for a career in music in which I don't make any money and live a life of poverty...that just simply makes no sense.

Red

• Rep: 51
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The hat tags, definitley the tags.

ok ok, and maaaybe the label facing outwards swig of 'dew' he had during the intro.

Also is it just be or is anyone else put in excruciating pain when watching Reda act real serious in the interviews at the end.
Got so much second hand embarrassment I had to turn it off.

foureyedjim

« Reply #430 on: March 11, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Maybe it's the way he dresses.  He was rocking some pretty shiny chains and rings.  A giant playboy bunny shirt.  A Supra / Mountain Dew hat with the tag still on it.  I thought it was funny how he held his mountain dew so that the logo can be seen hahaha
[close]

just look at his reaction when the winner is announced. playing a clown, like it's no biggie, even though he started out with serious tricks. dude went for it, lost like a fool, then acted a fool.

I dunno, you can tell he was being pretty friendly with Tommy the whole game, so to me he didn't do anything wrong.

But I will say it again, he dresses way too "fresh" when he's skateboarding.  Probably could have won without all that metal weighing him down.

edit: this image was pretty funny to me
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:04:10 PM by foureyedjim »

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2012, 06:21:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Keelan has balls.  comin' out all guns blazing. If he continues on this trajectory he will become the mid-00's Gilbert Arenas of skating.

Mountain Dew patch on snapback is not cool though, i know we live in T.E.T.'s (as Berra likes to say) but c'mon bro
[close]

Seriously dude? Having corporate sponsors is not selling out, it just means more money in your pocket so you can pay the bills. When will people realize this? I'm currently writing music and it's not for the money, it's for the love. But I'd have to be really stupid to hope for a career in music in which I don't make any money and live a life of poverty...that just simply makes no sense.

Having kooky corporate sponsors in order to make as much money as possible is fine. I get it. I meant that, from a strictly aesthetic standpoint, applying a mountain dew patch to one's hat just doesn't look cool. That's just my opinion. I fully get it, though, especially if some corporate higher-up gave him a directive to do so. Gotta pay the bills, like you said. And if some dude who works for PepsiCo or whatever offers some kind of monetary incentive to drink Mountain Dew (label out) on camera, do that too. Gotta be a team player, just like any job.

jimi420

« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
All the mountain dew/flashy chains aside, Keelan will probably have one of the best parts in the DGK video. I think the first part might go to Marquise Henry but Keelan's part will standout for sure.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #433 on: March 11, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would you sign with a shitty label if they were the first to offer you a paycheck?

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »
All the mountain dew/flashy chains aside, Keelan will probably have one of the best parts in the DGK video. I think the first part might go to Marquise Henry but Keelan's part will standout for sure.

Zach M.

« Reply #435 on: March 11, 2012, 07:00:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Would you sign with a shitty label if they were the first to offer you a paycheck?

That's not even the point. Bottom line is skateboarders and all other athletes/artists are entitled to make money for being good at what they do. How they make the money is THEIR business, not yours and doesn't speak less of their character unless it's against their integrity. Maybe it simply doesn't bother him to be sponsored by Pepsi and they offer a lot of money. Would you ditch an opportunity like that just because it's a big corporation?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #436 on: March 11, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
Is that hat the first new thing he has ever owned?  Is that why he keeps the tags on?

::)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
I could give a big fat fuck about what people are wearing, it was just nice to see a dude come out and do some different shit for once.  He also has this weird ability to hang in the air until his board is done flipping.

Lance Meowntain

• Rep: -3
« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2012, 08:15:28 PM »
Im interested to know how old all the people are who wanna talk shit about guys "selling out". If you have been off your mommys teet for any time at all, youd think differently about what people do to pay their bills. Give me a few grand, hell a few hundred or whatever every time I sip a Dew Ha on camera and you better believe Im gonna be all hopped up on Mountain Dew.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #439 on: March 12, 2012, 06:37:16 AM »
i will wear head to toe mountain dew gear for the next six months for ONE of the checks he gets for that hat.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239

Alex

• Rep: -13
« Reply #441 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:46 AM »
My favorite part of Reda's pre-game chat with Keelan: the disconnect between Reda's handshake and Keelan daps.

Even though I moderately enjoy his skating, I agree there are cringe-worthy aspects of public persona; among them: personal websites, desperately trying to resurrect that 90s trend where you keep the tags on, and the Tiger Woods-like elbow sink he does after he gets his first letter on Fynn.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2012, 08:08:46 AM »
The hat tag thing looks pretty lame in my opinion. I actually really like Mt Dew though, probably wouldn't mind being sponsored by them, the logo is way less offensive that that monster bullshit

foureyedjim

« Reply #443 on: March 12, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »
The hat tag thing looks pretty lame in my opinion. I actually really like Mt Dew though, probably wouldn't mind being sponsored by them, the logo is way less offensive that that monster bullshit

hahaha monster. 

victor333

« Reply #444 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
Im interested to know how old all the people are who wanna talk shit about guys "selling out". If you have been off your mommys teet for any time at all, youd think differently about what people do to pay their bills. Give me a few grand, hell a few hundred or whatever every time I sip a Dew Ha on camera and you better believe Im gonna be all hopped up on Mountain Dew.

What the hell is a "Dew Ha"?

Zach M.

« Reply #445 on: March 12, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

This.

« Reply #446 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
Keelan is the best.

dude is a breath of fresh air (jordan)

his DGK part will blow minds.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #447 on: March 12, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's not even the point. Bottom line is skateboarders and all other athletes/artists are entitled to make money for being good at what they do. How they make the money is THEIR business, not yours and doesn't speak less of their character unless it's against their integrity. Maybe it simply doesn't bother him to be sponsored by Pepsi and they offer a lot of money. Would you ditch an opportunity like that just because it's a big corporation?

no; how they make THEIR money is through OUR business, and that makes how they they make their money OUR business.

also on a general note- this isn't fucking nascar- one garment = one sponsor

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #448 on: March 12, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
The games so far have been meh...  someone message me when the semi's start.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #449 on: March 12, 2012, 09:19:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes.

If I were in the position to be paid by a giant corporation, then I'm good enough to pull an offer (a smaller one, obviously) from a company that I actually respected, and wanted to be associated with. I would absolutely pass on the six figures for a smaller check to help support and promote something I would have been a part of anyway, without them paying me for it. Would you wear Ku Klux Klan gear for a big enough paycheck? That's all you're really saying with the "Who cares what they stand for, get the money" approach. People have different morals. Some people find giant corporations evil. Other people don't. Lets be honest, though, a lot of the guys in skateboarding who have giant sponsors aren't doing it because they love the product, or support how Nike shoes are made. They just want the check.

But that's just me, and some people.

Maybe Keelan is on the opposite side of the fence. Maybe he doesn't have a problem with giant corporations, and he's actually really fucking psyched on Mountain Dew. If he doesn't have a problem with these companies, why the fuck wouldn't he take a giant check from them?

Sorry/drunk rant.