Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170017 times)

Strike A Pose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #480 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »
Arizona sucks. I mean, it's ok if you're into just drinking sugar water, but there isn't a single tea leaf in the tea, and the rest is just corn syrup. Super overrated. People think they're getting a bargain by getting a tall can for a dollar. Jokes on you, bro, it's just water and sugar.

On the topic of sponsorships, I'll let most kooky sponsorships slide because:

a) I think being a pro skater is one of the hardest jobs in sports. Think of how many people are in the NBA, MLB, NFL etc. and now look how many pro skaters there are. Now look how many pro skaters make more than 100k. All the "real" athletes start out at a few hundred grand. minimum. I think skaters earn their pay and then some

b) It sucks to think that our favorite pros can be out of the industry and working shitty jobs just to keep the lights on. Wasn't Heath delivering pizza at one point? Most of these guys don't go to college, and a good number of them don't even finish high school. But they found something they love and they're talented at. If they want to leach some corporate asshole's money just by putting a patch on their hat, I say fuck it, and get that money.

"Ingredients: premium brewed green tea using filtered water"

^As seen on a can of AZ Green Tea with ginseng and honey

I love when people make claims with no factual evidence to support them!

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #481 on: March 13, 2012, 07:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Arizona sucks. I mean, it's ok if you're into just drinking sugar water, but there isn't a single tea leaf in the tea, and the rest is just corn syrup. Super overrated. People think they're getting a bargain by getting a tall can for a dollar. Jokes on you, bro, it's just water and sugar.

a) I think being a pro skater is one of the hardest jobs in sports. Think of how many people are in the NBA, MLB, NFL etc. and now look how many pro skaters there are. Now look how many pro skaters make more than 100k. All the "real" athletes start out at a few hundred grand. minimum. I think skaters earn their pay and then some

b) It sucks to think that our favorite pros can be out of the industry and working shitty jobs just to keep the lights on. Wasn't Heath delivering pizza at one point? Most of these guys don't go to college, and a good number of them don't even finish high school. But they found something they love and they're talented at. If they want to leach some corporate asshole's money just by putting a patch on their hat, I say fuck it, and get that money.
[close]

i have a bottle of that same tea in my hands right now "100% natural tea, no preservatives, no artificial color or flavor. sweetened with splenda"

how much you wanna bet victor'll say some shit like "oh you believe everything on a label?" and expect us to believe him & his hater-aid influenced statements.

victor333

« Reply #482 on: March 13, 2012, 07:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i have a bottle of that same tea in my hands right now "100% natural tea, no preservatives, no artificial color or flavor. sweetened with splenda"

how much you wanna bet victor'll say some shit like "oh you believe everything on a label?" and expect us to believe him & his hater-aid influenced statements.

"Premium brewed green tea using filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, honey, citric acid, natural flavors, ginseng extract, ascorbic acid."

Come on, dudes...really? You can't read a label? No evidence? The evidence is right in front of your face.

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

and you think because high fructose corn syrup is natural, that it's healthy? You are seriously bonkers. B-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-s

you probably think splenda is healthy, too  ::)

Before you try to put me on blast, you should really educate yourself

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #483 on: March 13, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

"Premium brewed green tea using filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, honey, citric acid, natural flavors, ginseng extract, ascorbic acid."

Come on, dudes...really? You can't read a label? No evidence? The evidence is right in front of your face.

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

and you think because high fructose corn syrup is natural, that it's healthy? You are seriously bonkers. B-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-s

you're a fucking cluck dude. I HAVE A JUG OF THIS SHIT IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW. High fructose corn syrup is not in the ingredients. there is only the sucralose which is in the splenda. seriously just take the L on this one. you were you wrong.

foureyedjim

« Reply #484 on: March 13, 2012, 07:35:56 PM »

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

you probably think splenda is healthy, too� ::)

Okay 1) There is probably at least SOME tea in there

But 2) regardless of the fact, there are probably way more amounts of artificial sugar and random chemicals to negate the health benefits of tea haha.  

If you like AZ tea, that's cool, but it's far from the ideal tea haha

EDIT: I forget what splenda is made of, but artificial sweeteners such as aspartame are known to make you hungry and cause cancer.  It's not gonna kill you drink one bottle, but if your diet consists of drinking diet sodas all the time, there's a big chance you'll end up with cancer and/or just plain unhealthy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:37:43 PM by foureyedjim »

victor333

« Reply #485 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

[close]

you're a fucking cluck dude. I HAVE A JUG OF THIS SHIT IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW. High fructose corn syrup is not in the ingredients. there is only the sucralose which is in the splenda. seriously just take the L on this one. you were you wrong.

I looked up the ingredients for the green tea, dickhead. There's a dozen different Arizona's out there. How the hell do I know which you have?

And although I don't know which YOU have, I'm pretty sure on the ingredient list, it doesn't say "green/black TEA LEAVES". Which is what I consider tea. Cause apparently, according to Arizona, you can make tea without leaves.

whodathunk?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #486 on: March 13, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:30:08 PM by via »

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #487 on: March 13, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
Tea = Serious business.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #488 on: March 13, 2012, 11:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

[close]

[close]

I looked up the ingredients for the green tea, dickhead. There's a dozen different Arizona's out there. How the hell do I know which you have?

And although I don't know which YOU have, I'm pretty sure on the ingredient list, it doesn't say "green/black TEA LEAVES". Which is what I consider tea. Cause apparently, according to Arizona, you can make tea without leaves.

whodathunk?

foureyedjim

« Reply #489 on: March 14, 2012, 12:06:59 AM »
haha "diet green tea."

EDIT : Once you get used to drinking good tea, or even just mediocre tea self-brewed, you can't go back to Arizona tea mainly because it's so full of sugar that it doesn't really taste like "tea" anymore.  But you know, it's whatever, I think Arizona makes okay drinks, I just wouldn't call it tea, in the same way that you can't really consider lactose free milk as just "milk"

And yes, tea is serious business  ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 12:14:07 AM by foureyedjim »

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #490 on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »
haha "diet green tea"

believe it or not it tastes delicious. warm or cold

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #491 on: March 14, 2012, 12:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

[close]

[close]

whodathunk?

YOU CAN'T DRINK LEAVES, DUMMY!

+

A tea isn't any less of a tea because it is mixed with something else, you dig?

Much love 2 my fellow AZ sippaz!

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

[close]

[close]

whodathunk?
[close]

+

muchomango

im probably lying

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #493 on: March 14, 2012, 12:48:46 AM »
Annnnd with 100% of precincts reporting, the BATB5 thread has officially been declared hijacked by cheap drinks that skaters like.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

foureyedjim

« Reply #494 on: March 14, 2012, 04:35:31 AM »

+

Well think of it this way, would you still consider something "tea" if it only contained 1% tea?  Obviously AZ tea isn't 1% tea but where you draw the line is really up to your discretion.  To me, if you're going to mix tea with all this other crap, I wouldn't be able to call it "tea" but I can consider it a sugary drink that "contains tea."  But the drink as a whole won't be "tea" to me.

Trust me, you'll quench your thirst better with just straight tea.  Please don't think of me as a health nut though, this is coming from the guy who practically worships welch's grape soda...

MMMMMMMMMMM

victor333

« Reply #495 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:25 AM »
I used to drink Tradewinds green tea cans a bit; still too sweet for me, but:

http://www.drinktradewinds.com/products/diet-green-tea-with-honey/

Ingredients:
Real brewed tea (filtered water, green tea leaves), honey, citric acid, sucralose, sunnett (acesulfame potassium).

How bout Sweet Leaf tea. Let's see:

http://www.sweetleaftea.com/flavors/the+original+sweet+tea

Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC BLACK TEA, AND CITRIC ACID.

Point is: if there is real tea in there, it will say. I'm really sorry that some of you think you're actually drinking tea - which Arizona most certainly is not. Filtered water and sugar doesn't make it tea. Once again, it's TEA LEAVES that make it tea.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #496 on: March 14, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
breh Arizona makes doesnt always make tea. all the watermelon, grape, strawberry kiwi type shit are fruit flavored DRINKS. Nobodys calling that shit "real" tea. THAT shit is most likely just water & sugar but their green tea and anything else that actually says TEA is fairly legit, as far as bottled tea can go. nobody's expecting the same 100% herbal shit you get from the chinese store when they pick up an arizona, therefore quit getting butthurt when people say that they like it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:45:29 AM by DaSk8D00D »

victor333

« Reply #497 on: March 14, 2012, 12:15:40 PM »
breh Arizona makes doesnt always make tea. all the watermelon, grape, strawberry kiwi type shit are fruit flavored DRINKS. Nobodys calling that shit "real" tea. THAT shit is most likely just water & sugar but their green tea and anything else that actually says TEA is fairly legit, as far as bottled tea can go. nobody's expecting the same 100% herbal shit you get from the chinese store when they pick up an arizona, therefore quit getting butthurt when people say that they like it.

I posted the ingredients for Arizona green tea already. There was no tea in there.

Look up like one post with my post about Sweet Leaf and Tradewinds bottled teas - they actually contain real tea.

So, no, Arizona is not fairly legit.

And I'm not butthurt that people like it. I'm more or less baffled that people thought - and in your case, still do think - there was actual tea in Arizona, which there clearly is not (at least not out of any of the varieties that I looked up), and it IS just in fact sugar and water.

foureyedjim

« Reply #498 on: March 14, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
I used to drink Tradewinds green tea cans a bit; still too sweet for me, but:

http://www.drinktradewinds.com/products/diet-green-tea-with-honey/

Ingredients:
Real brewed tea (filtered water, green tea leaves), honey, citric acid, sucralose, sunnett (acesulfame potassium).

How bout Sweet Leaf tea. Let's see:

http://www.sweetleaftea.com/flavors/the+original+sweet+tea

Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC BLACK TEA, AND CITRIC ACID.

Point is: if there is real tea in there, it will say. I'm really sorry that some of you think you're actually drinking tea - which Arizona most certainly is not. Filtered water and sugar doesn't make it tea. Once again, it's TEA LEAVES that make it tea.

hm, now that I look back at the AZ green tea picture that was posted, the label said something along the lines of "Premium Brewed Green Tea using" : then a bunch of ingredients that isn't actually tea.  So basically they can call the end product "Green Tea" no matter what the ingredients actually are.

I think it's a similar situation to products that are labeled as "all natural," where it's just used as a means to sell their product rather than to actually inform the buyer of what's really in their food, because I know most "all natural" products contain things that are certainly not natural.  Same goes for "FDA approved" products.  I forget how it works, but when it comes down to it, you can always sway the FDA to bend the rules with money / politics.

Once again, it's not like AZ tea is going to kill you, but don't be surprised when people tell you that companies are keeping you in the dark about their products.  C.R.E.A.M.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #499 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:48 PM »
Lipton green tea is tight too! Used to pick up these 24 packs at Sam's Club all the time.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #500 on: March 14, 2012, 03:38:22 PM »
This is all I drink in Europe.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #501 on: March 14, 2012, 04:23:19 PM »
Dog you looked up some shit on the web, and I have an actual jug in my possession. Did you not see the picture I posted? 100% natural tea w/ no preservatives or artficial flavors. Like I said not everything arizona puts out is a mucho mango fruit cocktail in a tall boy. My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here. Lemme say it one more time just so you understand, NOT ALL ARIZONA DRINKS ARE THE SAME. The little article you found within 30 seconds on bing was clearly only talking about one kind of arizona drink, which were most likely the gas station fruit punch type shit. what I usually buy comes ina jug and only uses a few natural flavors like real honey, which im sure wasn't in your internet ingredients list. So yes bitch, I am drinking tea. I drink all that other arizona shit too tho. Watermelon & strawberry kiwi the best flavors IMO. Grape & mango are the shit as well

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #502 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:46 PM »
Dog you looked up some shit on the web, and I have an actual jug in my possession. Did you not see the picture I posted? 100% natural tea w/ no preservatives or artficial flavors. Like I said not everything arizona puts out is a mucho mango fruit cocktail in a tall boy. My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here. Lemme say it one more time just so you understand, NOT ALL ARIZONA DRINKS ARE THE SAME. The little article you found within 30 seconds on bing was clearly only talking about one kind of arizona drink, which were most likely the gas station fruit punch type shit. what I usually buy comes ina jug and only uses a few natural flavors like real honey, which im sure wasn't in your internet ingredients list. So yes bitch, I am drinking tea. I drink all that other arizona shit too tho. Watermelon & strawberry kiwi the best flavors IMO. Grape & mango are the shit as well

Can you even buy all natural tea with food stamps?
Down by the river...

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #503 on: March 14, 2012, 04:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

can you buy a legitimate diss, bitch?

go read the turner diaries you fucking waste of skin.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:36:02 PM by Wall of Nausea »

foureyedjim

« Reply #504 on: March 14, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »
My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here.

ahahah quote of the fucking day

But about the "100% natural tea" claim.
Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.  

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #505 on: March 14, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

Expand Quote
[close]

Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally. 

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"

Like I said the its gon be as legit as bottled tea can get and it doesn't taste like no brisk shit either, its noticeably thicker. I know a few asian niggas who be serious as fuck with their tea theyd prolly question everything in here lol. They be gettin those packets imported from overseas n shit, if anything THAT'S the real tea but hey, ill im cool with the arizona

foureyedjim

« Reply #506 on: March 14, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.  

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"
[close]

Like I said the its gon be as legit as bottled tea can get and it doesn't taste like no brisk shit either, its noticeably thicker. I know a few asian niggas who be serious as fuck with their tea theyd prolly question everything in here lol. They be gettin those packets imported from overseas n shit, if anything THAT'S the real tea but hey, ill im cool with the arizona

I completely disagree that AZ tea is "as legit as bottled tea can get," but you know, it doesn't really matter.  I don't blame you for not really giving a shit, since you're probably not that into tea like I am.   If you like it, you like it.  Even though you're wrong  ;)

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #507 on: March 14, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Lipton and Brisk contain phosphoric acid and coloring agents that taint the flavor.

AZ is the purist drank in its class!

+Certain flavors have a decent amount of vitamin C to hold u down!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #508 on: March 14, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »
DaSk8D00D the new profile pic is tight! That pic has always made me laugh my ass off.   

Kab

• Rep: -38
« Reply #509 on: March 14, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So what you mean is when I walk past a black guy I act like a black guy walking past a cop?
Down by the river...