Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170025 times)

DaSk8D00D

Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2012, 06:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Can you even buy all natural tea with food stamps?
[close]

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

[close]

So what you mean is when I walk past a black guy I act like a black guy walking past a cop?

i can enjoy a good racist joke but naw yo shit has 0 creativity, isnt funny, and just makes you look ignorant as fuck. i just KNOW you the type who wouldnt say any of this shit in person, especially around "a big black guy"

foureyedjim

« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

[close]

So what you mean is when I walk past a black guy I act like a black guy walking past a cop?
[close]

i can enjoy a good racist joke but naw yo shit has 0 creativity, isnt funny, and just makes you look ignorant as fuck. i just KNOW you the type who wouldnt say any of this shit in person, especially around "a big black guy"

He'll say it over xbox live though.  how about that huh?

ice nine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2012, 07:19:47 PM »
Do you love dask8dood kab?why would you try and make him look good by saying racist shit when there's a million legitimate reasons to bring up why he is terrible?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »
^
that and the cranberry iced tea are the best
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

victor333

« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2012, 01:55:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here.
[close]

ahahah quote of the fucking day

But about the "100% natural tea" claim.
Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.� All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.�

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."� As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).� Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"
[close]

Like I said the its gon be as legit as bottled tea can get and it doesn't taste like no brisk shit either, its noticeably thicker. I know a few asian niggas who be serious as fuck with their tea theyd prolly question everything in here lol. They be gettin those packets imported from overseas n shit, if anything THAT'S the real tea but hey, ill im cool with the arizona

Give me your address.

I will personally mail you a box of bottled teas that use actual tea. Ya know, like, water that's been heated up with actual tea leaves in it?

Really. I'm sure you'll find quite quickly that AZ is not the pinnacle of bottled teas...

Note:

When a product says 'All Natural', yes, that means none of it is man-made. Same with USDA certified organic - there is a strict set of guidelines; there can be no bending of the rules.

However, natural doesn't mean it's good for you. Sugar is natural. And while natural cane sugar is indeed superior to, say, splenda, it is still not advised to overindulge in sugar.

So, sk8dood, you have water, natural sugar-type substance, maybe some citric acid and honey...and the AZ marketing team decides to call it tea. I guess it sells better than calling it "drink". Whatever anyone wants to call it, there is no way in hell someone with even a handful of braincells will call it "tea".

I'm not your mom, and I truthfully don't care what you drink. I just merely advise you to broaden your horizons and maybe drink something that your body may enjoy a little more.

Andrew Reynolds eats fruits.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2012, 02:09:37 AM »
This is great , was gonna post here to say I havent been followin BATB5 , just got played out abit ? or idk .

And seems nobody ells does either , I havent checked the other 17 pages but I imagine its all Tea related !

if you want tea , go support a nice teashop , buy some nice stuff and notice the diffrence !

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2012, 02:13:11 AM »
Lipton green tea is tight too! Used to pick up these 24 packs at Sam's Club all the time.

same here, but i get mine from Costco. There is two near me in 5 mile radius
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

foureyedjim

« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2012, 02:56:29 AM »
When a product says 'All Natural', yes, that means none of it is man-made. Same with USDA certified organic - there is a strict set of guidelines; there can be no bending of the rules.

However, natural doesn't mean it's good for you. Sugar is natural. And while natural cane sugar is indeed superior to, say, splenda, it is still not advised to overindulge in sugar.

So, sk8dood, you have water, natural sugar-type substance, maybe some citric acid and honey...and the AZ marketing team decides to call it tea. I guess it sells better than calling it "drink". Whatever anyone wants to call it, there is no way in hell someone with even a handful of braincells will call it "tea"

I'm not your mom, and I truthfully don't care what you drink. I just merely advise you to broaden your horizons and maybe drink something that your body may enjoy a little more.

Andrew Reynolds eats fruits.

To Arizona / the FDA, it's not considered "bending the rules," but to me, it's bending the rules of ethics somewhat.  But of course, in the business world...fuck ethics haha

At the same time though, I don't blame people for believing that AZ tea is truly real tea.  labels can be confusing to people who don't have the energy to really do any research on it.

I think victor posted a link to sweet leaf earlier.  They make some pretty good bottle tea, although I like freshly brewed tea the best  ;D

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2012, 07:32:43 AM »
Grape drink seems to sell just fine...

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
The term "all natural" is mostly bullshit, the definition is in no way strict or even clearly defined. The last revamped official definition of the term for the industry was set back in the 80's. It really just rules out synthetics and food coloring. High fructose corn syrup is FDA "all natural" approved, despite the fact it is created in a lab.

"The two standard high-fructose corn syrups sold today are 42 percent or 55 percent, meaning that 42 percent or 55 percent of the glucose has been chemically altered. The most commonly used in commercial production today is 42 percent and measures about 120 on the sweetness scale.?

Monsanto says it's good, so it must be!

foureyedjim

« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
The term "all natural" is mostly bullshit, the definition is in no way strict or even clearly defined. The last revamped official definition of the term for the industry was set back in the 80's. It really just rules out synthetics and food coloring. High fructose corn syrup is FDA "all natural" approved, despite the fact it is created in a lab.

"The two standard high-fructose corn syrups sold today are 42 percent or 55 percent, meaning that 42 percent or 55 percent of the glucose has been chemically altered. The most commonly used in commercial production today is 42 percent and measures about 120 on the sweetness scale.?

Monsanto says it's good, so it must be!

Exactly!  I have no qualms with people who just don't care about being as healthy as possible (it gets pretty expensive), but please don't go around telling people AZ diet green tea is healthy...hah
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:55:39 PM by foureyedjim »

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #521 on: March 15, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
High fructose corn syrup isn't any worse than 'regular' sugar.

+a lot of things can be unhealthy when taken in excess. I mean, you can die from drinking too much water, so who gives a fuck.

Po' a JUG and lets rock!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #522 on: March 15, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
damn slap can really hate on anything

foureyedjim

« Reply #523 on: March 15, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
High fructose corn syrup isn't any worse than 'regular' sugar.

Most likely, but at the same time, how much of that shit is in most iced teas?  I don't put anything in my tea, but that's just my preference.  I think the problem with bottled tea is you don't really get an idea of what's in what you drink.  With self brewed tea, you can see for yourself how much sweetener you're putting into your tea.  I'm not some loony conspiracy theorist, but I pretty much distrust anything processed (even though I'll indulge in them)

It reminds me of when I tried to make milk coffee.  There are these canned japanese ones that I wanted to mimic.  It kind of grossed me out how much sugar I had to add just to get close to the level of sweetness the canned milk coffee had. 

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
I never said that shit was neccisarily "healty" but it isn't exactly sugar water with a ton of corn syrup either. I may have been wrong saying that shit was as legit as bottled tea can get but I ain't exactly a tea conisoiur either so fuck that statement. All im sayin is victor hoe ass needa stop hatin on all the good shit, that's really all this boils down to. After smearing his bitchassness all over my ramen noodle thread I just couldn't let the misformed AZ slander slide.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #525 on: March 15, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
LOL @ arguing about tea :D
WWBD (what would berra drink)?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2012, 08:18:56 PM »
The dangers of high fructose corn syrup pale in comparison to those of actually discussing BATB5. So please, for the love of god, keep bickering!
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

jimi420

« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
LOL @ arguing about tea :D
WWBD (what would berra drink)?
Well Berra already drank the metaphorical cup of Scientologist Kool-Aid... 

victor333

« Reply #528 on: March 15, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
I never said that shit was neccisarily "healty" but it isn't exactly sugar water with a ton of corn syrup either. I may have been wrong saying that shit was as legit as bottled tea can get but I ain't exactly a tea conisoiur either so fuck that statement. All im sayin is victor hoe ass needa stop hatin on all the good shit, that's really all this boils down to. After smearing his bitchassness all over my ramen noodle thread I just couldn't let the misformed AZ slander slide.

haha. The only one who was misinformed on the whole thing was you.

Everything I've said about AZ was completely true:

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

Any ingredient lists I posted were legitimate; I don't even see how you have a case against me.

You should have just said, "ya know what, dudeee? Like, dat AZ shit aint real tea, it's some bullshit canned sugar-water drank, son. But, ya know, I still drink dat shit by the pitcher, cause I don't give a fuck. Fuck Reynolds and his fruit brigade."

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #529 on: March 15, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

Any ingredient lists I posted were legitimate; I don't even see how you have a case against me.

You should have just said, "ya know what, dudeee? Like, dat AZ shit aint real tea, it's some bullshit canned sugar-water drank, son. But, ya know, I still drink dat shit by the pitcher, cause I don't give a fuck. Fuck Reynolds and his fruit brigade."

maybe they were legitimate...for ONE drink. i actually posted a REAL picture that I took of the ingredients and they were different than yours which proves my point, THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME. fuck you for hating on my favorite 0 calorie, antioxidant filled drink. me & my geisha bitches dont appreciate that shit. and dont you ever....EVER tell me what i "should" say. i would rather go mute
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:23:12 PM by DaSk8D00D »

foureyedjim

« Reply #530 on: March 15, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

[close]

maybe they were legitimate...for ONE drink. i actually posted a REAL picture that I took of the ingredients and they were different than yours which proves my point, THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME. fuck you for hating on my favorite 0 calorie, antioxidant filled drink. me & my geisha bitches dont appreciate that shit. and dont you ever....EVER tell me what i "should" say. i would rather go mute

If you go back to the picture though, you have to pay attention to the wording:

Ingredients: Premium brewed Green Tea USING...[ingredients which do not include tea itself].

I'm pretty sure the wording there is vague on purpose so to someone who takes a quick glance at it, it may seem like it is real green tea, but to me, the label translates to

"Ingredients: A drink we arbitrarily call 'green tea' using a mixture of ingredients that mimics the taste and look of green tea."

Think of it this way: if it were truly green tea, what would be the harm in adding one more ingredient onto the list?  tea/tea leaves aren't on there because legally they can't if there isn't any in there.  So they use a convenient loophole by labeling the end product as green tea.  Why?  Because legally they're allowed to. 

By the way, even if there are antioxidants in bottle tea, there is significantly less in there than actual tea (I'm almost positive the amount of antioxidants in AZ tea are negligible.  They only have enough to be able to put that on the label).

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #531 on: March 15, 2012, 11:17:33 PM »
http://www.drinkarizona.com/productcart/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=1

DO THEY USE TEA LEAVES WHEN THEY BREW THE TEA?
Yes, we use tea leaves to brew the tea.

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener),  sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:19:31 PM by via »

foureyedjim

« Reply #532 on: March 15, 2012, 11:27:07 PM »

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener),  sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.

I would rather have real sugar, but that's not a big deal since I don't drink sugary stuff that often anymore.

And yeah, if it's on their website, they wouldn't lie (I would assume haha)
Although by taste, I don't know how much of the AZ tea is made up of tea brewed from leaves.
You can technically brew a tiny bit of water with one leaf of green tea and be able to say "yes, we brew our tea using tea leaves" (although I doubt they would go through all that trouble just to fuck with us haha). 

Point is, no matter what, their green tea does not really taste like green tea to me.  If you dilute a teaspoon of gatorade with 2 gallons of water, is it still really gatorade?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:33:33 PM by foureyedjim »

Da Worst

• Rep: -6
« Reply #533 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:13 AM »
this arguement about tea is better than batb
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:49:31 AM by Da Worst »

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #534 on: March 16, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »

Discuss.

fucking THANK YOU man. ayo vic! didnt you say its just sugar water & corn syrup? that they really dont use tea leaves? and that everything you said about it was true? awwwww ok then...thats what the fuck i thought.  ahhhhh the sweet taste of a SLAP victory! almost better than my diet Arizona green tea, but not quite  ;)

foureyedjim

« Reply #535 on: March 16, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Discuss.
[close]

fucking THANK YOU man. ayo vic! didnt you say its just sugar water & corn syrup? that they really dont use tea leaves? and that everything you said about it was true? awwwww ok then...thats what the fuck i thought.  ahhhhh the sweet taste of a SLAP victory! almost better than my diet Arizona green tea, but not quite  ;)

there is no comparison to the sweetness of Arizona tea (it's too sweet haha)

But yes, this is why I never deny the possibility of being wrong unless I'm absolutely sure I'm right.  Because being proven you're wrong is the worst feeling  :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 01:28:17 AM by foureyedjim »

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #536 on: March 16, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
It warms my heart to see that all this arguing is not about BATB.

FART BOY

• Rep: 10
« Reply #537 on: March 16, 2012, 09:06:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Arizona sucks. I mean, it's ok if you're into just drinking sugar water, but there isn't a single tea leaf in the tea, and the rest is just corn syrup. Super overrated. People think they're getting a bargain by getting a tall can for a dollar. Jokes on you, bro, it's just water and sugar.

On the topic of sponsorships, I'll let most kooky sponsorships slide because:

a) I think being a pro skater is one of the hardest jobs in sports. Think of how many people are in the NBA, MLB, NFL etc. and now look how many pro skaters there are. Now look how many pro skaters make more than 100k. All the "real" athletes start out at a few hundred grand. minimum. I think skaters earn their pay and then some

b) It sucks to think that our favorite pros can be out of the industry and working shitty jobs just to keep the lights on. Wasn't Heath delivering pizza at one point? Most of these guys don't go to college, and a good number of them don't even finish high school. But they found something they love and they're talented at. If they want to leach some corporate asshole's money just by putting a patch on their hat, I say fuck it, and get that money.
[close]

"Ingredients: premium brewed green tea using filtered water"

^As seen on a can of AZ Green Tea with ginseng and honey

I love when people make claims with no factual evidence to support them!

[close]

i have a bottle of that same tea in my hands right now "100% natural tea, no preservatives, no artificial color or flavor. sweetened with splenda"

how much you wanna bet victor'll say some shit like "oh you believe everything on a label?" and expect us to believe him & his hater-aid influenced statements.
[close]

"Premium brewed green tea using filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, honey, citric acid, natural flavors, ginseng extract, ascorbic acid."

Come on, dudes...really? You can't read a label? No evidence? The evidence is right in front of your face.

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

and you think because high fructose corn syrup is natural, that it's healthy? You are seriously bonkers. B-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-s

you probably think splenda is healthy, too  ::)

Before you try to put me on blast, you should really educate yourself

PLEASE just shut the fuck up for once

How do you know there's no tea in it? Did you go down to the Arizona plant and inspect all of their ingredients?

masquared

• Rep: -1
« Reply #538 on: March 16, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Fuck tea my nigga.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #539 on: March 17, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »

Discuss.

WORD THE FUCK UP!

FUCK VICTOR! THAT KID IS A LITTLE BITCH WITH ZERO SWAGG (OR TEA SIPPIN' KNOWLEDGE!)

PO' A JUGG!