Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 170026 times)

victor333

Re: Battle At The Berrics 5
« Reply #570 on: March 17, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.drinkarizona.com/productcart/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=1

DO THEY USE TEA LEAVES WHEN THEY BREW THE TEA?
Yes, we use tea leaves to brew the tea.

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener), �sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.
[close]

WORD THE FUCK UP!

FUCK VICTOR! THAT KID IS A LITTLE BITCH WITH ZERO SWAGG (OR TEA SIPPIN' KNOWLEDGE!)

PO' A JUGG!
[close]

Maybe I was wrong about Arizona not containing tea, but can you blame me?

Other (more authentic) bottled tea companies list tea leaves right on the ingredient list, and many other bottled teas do not contain any actual tea and can still legally be called "tea".

Pardon me for not taking everything at face value.

On the real, though, you sound like a 15-year-old. You also sound like you sucked off Sk8dood and somehow inherited some of his ebonics and speech tendencies. When he does it, it's kind of sad, but at least it feels semi-genuine. When you do it, you just sound like a dick rider.

And I think it goes without saying that I know way more about tea than you, seeing as how I actually drink tea that requires you heat up some water, versus opening the tab on a can.

And another thing, I think it's really sad that people who are health-conscious get labeled as "food/health nazis". What the shit is that? It's bad to care about what you eat and drink? You get criticized for reading labels? Some people have their shit so ass-backwards it's not even funny. And if you're going to talk about how your precious 'tea' has vitamin C in it, hey, how about you tell me what vitamin C actually does for your body. If you don't use google, I bet you have no idea. Not to mention the fact that vitamin C is one of the easiest vitamins to get, and you don't need to down 30+ grams of sugar to get it.
[close]

Ain't nobody tryna hear that sorry ass attempt at scraping back your nonexistant dignity. You just mad cuz you salty as fuck so you wanna try to bring somebody else down with you. Naw son, the only person who looks like an arrogant prick proved wrong is you. Just take the L and walk away...
[close]

Most of what he says is true though ::)

Just because you were right about AZ tea doesn't mean everything he says is invalid. 

I guess it's hard to take his words seriously when he's always insulting you...
WAR - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS

eh?

You're way too sensible and mature to be posting on slap

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #571 on: March 17, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
I didn't know that PJ changed his name to Sebo Walker...

PJ Ladd doesn't pivot his tricks on the ground like a dumb park kid.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #572 on: March 18, 2012, 01:09:39 AM »
I think it goes without saying that I know way more about tea than you

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #573 on: March 18, 2012, 03:12:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Man I was pissed when Sebo didn't had to redo his pivoted shits after Jimmy had properly popped his tricks.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #574 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Man I was pissed when Sebo didn't had to redo his pivoted shits after Jimmy had properly popped his tricks.

it's even one of the rules: no sliding on the ground if your opponent POPPED his trick!!!!!??!!!@@##$$$

foureyedjim

« Reply #575 on: March 18, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't think pivoting your tricks and popping your tricks are mutually exclusive events...

But maybe you can start a petition so that pivots aren't allowed if your opponent didn't pivot?  ::)

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #576 on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
wow, Jimmy Carlin is a monster.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #577 on: March 18, 2012, 06:32:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
http://www.drinkarizona.com/productcart/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=1

DO THEY USE TEA LEAVES WHEN THEY BREW THE TEA?
Yes, we use tea leaves to brew the tea.

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener), �sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.
[close]

WORD THE FUCK UP!

FUCK VICTOR! THAT KID IS A LITTLE BITCH WITH ZERO SWAGG (OR TEA SIPPIN' KNOWLEDGE!)

PO' A JUGG!
[close]

Maybe I was wrong about Arizona not containing tea, but can you blame me?

Other (more authentic) bottled tea companies list tea leaves right on the ingredient list, and many other bottled teas do not contain any actual tea and can still legally be called "tea".

Pardon me for not taking everything at face value.

On the real, though, you sound like a 15-year-old. You also sound like you sucked off Sk8dood and somehow inherited some of his ebonics and speech tendencies. When he does it, it's kind of sad, but at least it feels semi-genuine. When you do it, you just sound like a dick rider.

And I think it goes without saying that I know way more about tea than you, seeing as how I actually drink tea that requires you heat up some water, versus opening the tab on a can.

And another thing, I think it's really sad that people who are health-conscious get labeled as "food/health nazis". What the shit is that? It's bad to care about what you eat and drink? You get criticized for reading labels? Some people have their shit so ass-backwards it's not even funny. And if you're going to talk about how your precious 'tea' has vitamin C in it, hey, how about you tell me what vitamin C actually does for your body. If you don't use google, I bet you have no idea. Not to mention the fact that vitamin C is one of the easiest vitamins to get, and you don't need to down 30+ grams of sugar to get it.
[close]

Ain't nobody tryna hear that sorry ass attempt at scraping back your nonexistant dignity. You just mad cuz you salty as fuck so you wanna try to bring somebody else down with you. Naw son, the only person who looks like an arrogant prick proved wrong is you. Just take the L and walk away...
[close]

Most of what he says is true though ::)

Just because you were right about AZ tea doesn't mean everything he says is invalid.�

I guess it's hard to take his words seriously when he's always insulting you...
WAR - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS

eh?
I wasn't going to get into this one, but with my other option being talking about BATB I'm gonna have to go with Victor and Jim here. Yes, the fact that SOME types of AZ beverages contain SOME amount of tea is likely true, but your "victory" is purely semantic SkateDood. All I can say is this, human nutrition is a very complicated field of study, and you have demonstrated that you posses very little understanding of it. If you don't care and wish to carry on drinking AZ's products, and insist on calling them teas, you have definitely earned the right to do so, although you will still sound like an idiot to the billions of people on earth who know what tea actually is.

Edit: Could have worded that better, but didn't want to get carried away. You get the point.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:39:16 AM by Probably A Robot »
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #578 on: March 18, 2012, 09:21:29 AM »
Davis won the interviews.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #579 on: March 18, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
Christ would someone shoot Reda already. I can't stand that fuckwit anymore. I get his place, but he needs to go stuff his face on a cannoli and not add commentary. Admitted that's an ass thing to say, but dude is an ass. It's like ass vs ass, and no not in that Requiem For a Dream aspect.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #580 on: March 18, 2012, 01:45:32 PM »

no fun

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »
"Hey you didn't read the rules!"
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #582 on: March 20, 2012, 06:00:37 AM »

Yeah. Awful.

If they're really that serious about it, just put the text of the rules below the videos on the website. Literally no one wants to hear them, most skateboarders can't even read well enough to get through all of them, and it's just the biggest waste of time to make hundreds of games of skate videos with the same rules read through every time.

So stupid.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

victor333

« Reply #583 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

If they're really that serious about it, just put the text of the rules below the videos on the website. Literally no one wants to hear them, most skateboarders can't even read well enough to get through all of them, and it's just the biggest waste of time to make hundreds of games of skate videos with the same rules read through every time.

So stupid.

Seriously. It could just go:

"Alright, it's BATB, X skater vs Y skater. *points down* rules at the bottom, let's ho sham blow."

boom. done.

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #584 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.

Yeah it's painful most of the time and unbearable when someone says them weird or with a little accent or inside joke (usually Koston).
Aside from that I'm not ashamed to keep going back for the games, loads of the flatground from PJ, Prod, Busenitz etc is unbelievable.
Real Life.

The Twilight Zone

« Reply #585 on: March 20, 2012, 04:09:24 PM »
wow you guys have excellent memory, I forget the rules every week and am relieved to hear them again

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #586 on: March 20, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.
[close]

"Alright, it's BATB, X skater vs Y skater. *points down* rules at the bottom, let's ho sham blow."

boom. done.

Why would we need the rules more than the participants?

victor333

« Reply #587 on: March 20, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.
[close]

boom. done.
[close]

I have no idea what you're trying to say...

trannies and mannies

« Reply #588 on: March 20, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Whenever they don't read the rules I know its gonna be a good game no matter what.

jimi420

« Reply #589 on: March 24, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »
I wanted Billy to win but in the back of my head I knew Cole would. I don't think Billy would really do well against O'neill so we need Cole to knock him out.

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #590 on: March 24, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
Best game so far. Loved Marks hardflip!

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #591 on: March 24, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.
[close]

boom. done.
[close]

[close]

If you're tying to compromise the recital of the rules, why would you do so in a way that only we could see it? Even though I'm sure it's not necessary, it obviously makes more sense for the participants to hear the rules than for us to. The fact that they film it is its own thing.

Come on, man. Critical thinking isn't THAT hard.

victor333

« Reply #592 on: March 24, 2012, 11:41:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.
[close]

boom. done.
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you're tying to compromise the recital of the rules, why would you do so in a way that only we could see it? Even though I'm sure it's not necessary, it obviously makes more sense for the participants to hear the rules than for us to. The fact that they film it is its own thing.

Yea, because I'm sure:

a) the participants have never heard the rules

b) it would take too much work to tell them the rules off camera

::) ::)

Cole vs. Marks game was good. Maybe the best so far.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #593 on: March 24, 2012, 11:44:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah. Awful.

So stupid.
[close]

boom. done.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea, because I'm sure:

a) the participants have never heard the rules

b) it would take too much work to tell them the rules off camera

::) ::)

Cole vs. Marks game was good. Maybe the best so far.

That was my point. It makes more sense than posting the rules so ONLY the viewers can see it. Because whether they know them or not, the rules obviously matter more to the participants than the viewers.

foureyedjim

« Reply #594 on: March 24, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
Who was the guy announcing the rules?  He seemed to do an awful lot of touching with cole and marks...fanning out I suppose? haha

victor333

« Reply #595 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
Who was the guy announcing the rules?  He seemed to do an awful lot of touching with cole and marks...fanning out I suppose? haha

A kid from the pizza party. He just looks like the touchy-feely type. At least he was articulate

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Team -65K
« Reply #596 on: March 24, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »
So many good tricks in there. Nollie heel varial helipop, damn.

Cole - PJ would be my dream final.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #597 on: March 24, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
nollie bigger heelspin flip

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #598 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #599 on: March 24, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »
I'm impressed they got wanda sykes to read the rules.