Author Topic: Swallow my pride??  (Read 2859 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: Swallow my pride??
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »
I'm probably the only person in virginia that dislikes janoski's. They are super thin and don't have as good a board feel as a pair of vans old skools or eras. Paper thin on the sides. Don't lace up high enough, so my foot feels like it's going to fall out all the time, even when I tie them tight. Just not a fan. If you're gonna go nike though, and especially if you're looking for a good cupsole, the Koston's are worth every penny. Comfortable, break in fast, good board feel for a cupsole. Only thing is price and I had a hole in the bottom in a month. But a month of skating everyday during the summer = 2-3 months of skating randomly during the winter, so that's probably why I got a hole so quickly.

Everybody around here though swears they are the best shoe ever, sooooo you should probably disregard everything I said.
I live in Virginia but I don't think everyone liking Janoski's is a Virginia thing. That shit is global! I like the shoe but I don't like it enough to pay 75-80 dollars for it. If I saw a pair in a nice colorway for 50 bucks I would pic em up for sure.

biggietoms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
  • take acid
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Nike sb makes a good skate shoe, ive been skating them for years. Even back when consolidated had that whole "dont do it" campaign. As much as i love skating them, i cant stand going to the park or a spot, and EVERY other kid is rocking them. The same thing is slowly happening to adidas. I never really took part in the whole "core" vs 'Corporate" debate, but for the above mentioned reason alone im done with them. I remember back in the day when everyone kinda had there own style or uniqueness to them, but these big brands or sort of suck that right out. Everyone is rocking the same shit. As much as i LOOVVE skating busenitz and dunks, im done with them on the board. When kids just start out skating, they tend to imitate what older rippers are doing( i know i did), and i dont wanna be the guy saying "hey kids, Its ok to conform to nike, dont do your own thing." Janoski is a great shoe, busenitz even better, i own a few pairs of both even (just for chilling). But for skating, never, not any more. Not because its a bad shoe, i just dont wanna get washed away in the sea of janoskis i see every time i go skate. Im more a cupsole guy personally, but the last vulcs i skated were gravis, and they litteraly put my faith back into vulcs. Arto lows, and filters would be a better choice IMO, suuuuuch great shoes. Im not sayin fuck nike, im just saying infiltrated the fuck out of skateboarding and and brands like es ( who at one point in time had Penny, Arto, Koston and Pj!!!!) are done.  Just tossin in my two cents, but at the end of the day its your money. buy what yah want

Gnarfunkell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 10:10:17 PM »
I feel  ya on the whole not wanting to buy Nike deal, I'm kind of on the fence on that one. But no one can really deny the fact that Nike makes some quality shoes. They skate great, and last a long time, I'd recommend getting some Bruins or Blazers instead if Janoski's though.