Author Topic: Sale Gear Thread  (Read 678528 times)

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
Re: Sale Gear Thread
« Reply #2100 on: February 11, 2016, 08:22:20 AM »
15% off orders over $85 with free shipping at Socal skateshop

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 441
« Reply #2101 on: February 11, 2016, 08:38:12 AM »
Who presses those passport boards?  BB?

Passport boards are made at Generator. But they import the yabbie dongs straight from Oz mate.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #2102 on: February 12, 2016, 12:30:51 PM »
Anyone know if there are going to be any good president day sales?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #2103 on: February 12, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
Anyone know if there are going to be any good president day sales?

i know some of these aren't "core" but whatever man sue me

socal 15% off 85$ or more

active 30% off clearance shoes and apparel (also there are some of the habitat pink floyd decks for $35 on there)

mltd 30% off all orders (has some older huf, brixton, fourstar and vans)

good come sausage

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #2104 on: February 14, 2016, 08:47:07 PM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

discount code "valentines" when checking out

You could get some old theeves? Some Mystery boards? Shit ton of grip at a good price?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2105 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

You could get some old theeves? Some Mystery boards? Shit ton of grip at a good price?

damn its tempting to get a mystery board as part of my "where the fuck is lindsey robertson" shrine
good come sausage

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #2106 on: February 15, 2016, 09:07:20 AM »
I just checked it out to see how much a set of TiH trucks were and only ones they had in stock were the smallest size they make.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2107 on: February 15, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
MLTD 40% off all huf today
good come sausage

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #2108 on: February 15, 2016, 07:50:58 PM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

damn its tempting to get a mystery board as part of my "where the fuck is lindsey robertson" shrine

I gave in to the price and settled for the regular trucks and their skate tool card for under $30. Maybe next time Ace  :'(
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2109 on: February 16, 2016, 12:16:07 AM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

I gave in to the price and settled for the regular trucks and their skate tool card for under $30. Maybe next time Ace  :'(
let us know how those work out for you. me dwarf and bmc have been curious about them.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2110 on: February 16, 2016, 01:02:33 AM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

let us know how those work out for you. me dwarf and bmc have been curious about them.
I'm not...
you never know about pre-cum 

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2111 on: February 16, 2016, 12:40:51 PM »
skatewarehouse added a bunch of baker, deathwish, and chocolate decks to their $29.99 section of boards
good come sausage

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2112 on: February 17, 2016, 12:16:55 AM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

I'm not...
give it a week
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2113 on: February 17, 2016, 04:33:54 PM »
www.surplusskate.com

50% off Sale

I'm not...
give it a week
Just set this up. Wanted to ride them stock but they feel really stiff.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2114 on: February 17, 2016, 08:23:08 PM »
skatewarehouse added a bunch of baker, deathwish, and chocolate decks to their $29.99 section of boards

Anyone else notice that SW is slowly raising prices upwards of $54? Trending prices/brands maybe? Things to come via BB or PS?

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Black Label (can't see the push for this brand at $50+ to be honest)
Etc
Etc

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:24:59 PM by Xen »

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #2115 on: February 17, 2016, 08:50:09 PM »

Anyone else notice that SW is slowly raising prices upwards of $54? Trending prices/brands maybe? Things to come via BB or PS?

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

If you'll spend $50+ on a Magenta board but not a Black Label, even though they are made in the exact same wood shop, you are out of your mind. Black Label is smaller than small, being run out of John Lucero's house. I'd imagine they are being produced on a smaller scale than Magenta at this point.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2116 on: February 17, 2016, 09:16:36 PM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

If you'll spend $50+ on a Magenta board but not a Black Label, even though they are made in the exact same wood shop, you are out of your mind. Black Label is smaller than small, being run out of John Lucero's house. I'd imagine they are being produced on a smaller scale than Magenta at this point.

From a mass pop. point of view, I don't see BL selling at that PP, or Magenta, just speaking about mindshare here; just find it odd that these brands are above the $49.99 pp.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #2117 on: February 17, 2016, 09:34:13 PM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

From a mass pop. point of view, I don't see BL selling at that PP, or Magenta, just speaking about mindshare here; just find it odd that these brands are above the $49.99 pp.

I just paid $55 for a Black Label board at my local shop three weeks ago.

Profit margins on boards are small. Small brands produce small quantities, therefore have to do a bigger markup.

Pay the extra $$$ and get something unique and original. Pay $45 and get a Real, Girl, or Chocolate logo board. The choice is clear.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2118 on: February 17, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

I just paid $55 for a Black Label board at my local shop three weeks ago.

Profit margins on boards are small. Small brands produce small quantities, therefore have to do a bigger markup.

Pay the extra $$$ and get something unique and original. Pay $45 and get a Real, Girl, or Chocolate logo board. The choice is clear.
It's not just them, a few other companies have done that too

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #2119 on: February 17, 2016, 11:03:29 PM »
cost for canadian shops to buy boards are anywhere from $40-$54 currently, so shops are barely making anything by selling them at $80.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:51:33 PM by pointandclick »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2120 on: February 17, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
cost for canadian shops to buyer boards are anywhere from $40-$54 currently, so shops are barely making anything by selling them at $80.
How much do Canadian boards go for, in Canada?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #2121 on: February 17, 2016, 11:52:34 PM »
cost for canadian shops to buyer boards are anywhere from $40-$54 currently, so shops are barely making anything by selling them at $80.
there honestly arent a lot of canadian made decks, usually shops are paying $36-$40 and selling for $60 or $80?

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2122 on: February 18, 2016, 12:21:56 AM »
there honestly arent a lot of canadian made decks, usually shops are paying $36-$40 and selling for $60 or $80?
Wow, that's pretty steep
*Edit: forgot to write anything and just quoted

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #2123 on: February 18, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

id pay $60 for a black label any day, knowing its supporting lucero of course

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2124 on: February 18, 2016, 10:58:26 AM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

same. label kills.

also the new graphics that he's been showing on instagram look "fuego" as the kids say nowadays

good come sausage

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -107
« Reply #2125 on: February 18, 2016, 11:04:02 AM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

same. label kills.

also the new graphics that he's been showing on instagram look "fuego" as the kids say nowadays

that first series is unbelievably bad, but the beer series looks great (even though it's already been done to death)

i got nothing but love for Black Label and Lucero... had a board years ago, and i don't know if it was just because i was psyched on it, but it was one of the best skateboards i've ever ridden in my life.  the world needs more Chris Troy footage.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #2126 on: February 18, 2016, 11:31:24 AM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

same. label kills.

that first series is unbelievably bad, but the beer series looks great (even though it's already been done to death)

i got nothing but love for Black Label and Lucero... had a board years ago, and i don't know if it was just because i was psyched on it, but it was one of the best skateboards i've ever ridden in my life.  the world needs more Chris Troy footage.

we need more lucero footage

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2127 on: February 18, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »

Plan B
Deathwish
Baker
Lifeblood
Magenta
Quasi
Etc
Etc

same. label kills.

we need more Lucero footage
This and Curb shark boards look pretty sick!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #2128 on: February 22, 2016, 04:27:19 PM »
plndr has Pf flyers on sale, plus an extra percent off code on their homepage

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2129 on: February 23, 2016, 05:10:55 AM »
plndr has Pf flyers on sale, plus an extra percent off code on their homepage

people need to buy these so they get how good they really are...these are good prices but i've seen basic colors on sites like 6pm for $13. i bought three pairs off there once for not even $50.

still a good deal, considering jumping on those camo ones...
good come sausage