Author Topic: Jeff Lenoce off Lakai  (Read 13852 times)

b.v.

Re: Jeff Lenoce off Lakai
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »
FULLY FLARED, FULLY GIRL old, but a really sad one.

i think they are blowing it by kicking Lenoce out.

Teams change, people become less motivated,  move away and get new friends or skate less. Lakai NEEDS younger more motivated relevant ams/pros that are down to promote their product by being out there in the mix doing demos and contests and appealing to A younger demographic. I have no doubts there are no hard feelings and there is a  bigger picture than staying true to an original team. Look at all the companies out there and pick out how many OG team members they have. I bet for most of them it's ZERO. In a market dominated by massive corporate shoe brands, small guys like Lakai,Dekline and sole tech can't afford to be too understanding. Few people seem to really care about what they support vs how much it cost them or brand affiliation when it comes to footwear. I'm not knocking Welsh or Lenoce, I've enjoyed all the footage they've put out but times have changed, and not in a way I like. But at least companies like Lakai/girl take riders and offer them jobs elsewhere within the ranks. Like sj,rudy and others. It's a bummer but business is business. They signed contracts and had obligations.

chris311x

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Teams change, people become less motivated,  move away and get new friends or skate less. Lakai NEEDS younger more motivated relevant ams/pros that are down to promote their product by being out there in the mix doing demos and contests and appealing to A younger demographic. I have no doubts there are no hard feelings and there is a  bigger picture than staying true to an original team. Look at all the companies out there and pick out how many OG team members they have. I bet for most of them it's ZERO. In a market dominated by massive corporate shoe brands, small guys like Lakai,Dekline and sole tech can't afford to be too understanding. Few people seem to really care about what they support vs how much it cost them or brand affiliation when it comes to footwear. I'm not knocking Welsh or Lenoce, I've enjoyed all the footage they've put out but times have changed, and not in a way I like. But at least companies like Lakai/girl take riders and offer them jobs elsewhere within the ranks. Like sj,rudy and others. It's a bummer but business is business. They signed contracts and had obligations.

cliffs =

jexe

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »

superslopp

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
FUCK YES

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 11:42:11 AM »
i find axion to be a better fit for lenoce at this stage in his career.

Useful Idiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well said.
You loves you? Megatron.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »
This is good!! Im really looking forward to seeing those Axion shoes in real life, haven't seen any yet, but some of them look good! Stoked for Jeff!!

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 12:31:10 PM »
It really is pronounced "action"?  'Axion' was an existing word before the shoe company (it's a hypothetical particle, bros), and it is pronounced "acks-ee-on".

That being said Axion's current (and past) team is fucking awesome and I would buy a pair of the Heritage black/gum ones if I saw em at the shop.

What I yearn for each and every day is Savier to come back.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

BraveUlysses

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
Those Axions he's wearing in that video look really good!

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:38 PM »
He always felt like the odd one out, I suppose Wu-Welsh is next if not already.

ontheswarm

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:48 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing a Lenoce pro model.....looks like he's wearing altamont gear in the photo too

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:20 PM »

StopSnitchinCuz

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 03:01:11 PM »
If Riley Hawk and Daniel Espinoza were off the team tomorrow, would you guys go out and buy a pair of Lakais? Since I'm sure the answer is no, why do you care?
real talk

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »

Heritage, same shoe Creager was wearing at whatever contest he was in, Maloof?
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

jersey by nature

• Rep: -40
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
Holy Shit! im so psyched. It's actually a really good fit for him. out with the old, in with the new! Hell yea Lenoce!!
Don't do what the kids do.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
I've tried them on just to try them on, super flexy thin cupsole, and comfortable.  They feel good, certainly in the running for my next shoe.

Also know two guys who are on their 2nd and third pair in a row.  So, they must be working for some people. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 12:11:58 AM »
How are they in matters of durability?

Participation

• Rep: -27
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:17 AM »