Author Topic: Amsterdam !  (Read 2746 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Amsterdam !
« on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:22 PM »
So Im going for a quick weekend in Amsterdam , I got a friend I can stay with in Utrech so we will be in Amsterdam from early
morning to late night , then just take the train back .

Now I am gonna do the cliche and smoke weed and take shrooms ( shrooms are legal right )  but other then that I really wanted to check out museums and art galleries and stuff

Any good cool art / painting / photography  museums / galleries ? 

what ells should we do in amsterdam besides walk around alot and check bridges rivers and architechure ?

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Amsterdam !
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
Shrooms are illegal now.  I went to some cheesy museums by the red light district that sucked, but the people I was with wanted to go.  Amsterdam is pretty small...just walk around let things happen.  Leidseplein is a good place for drinking outdoors with lots of people.  I'm assuming you're American.  They are going to look at you weird when you roll a joint without putting tobacco in it.  The weed isn't any stronger than good ass medical marijuana tho...so either laugh it off or throw some tobacco in it.  I have nothing to recommend in the food department.  I ate like shit in the Netherlands.  I made a little edit from that trip.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Ka68Jzh8c

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:30:25 AM »
So Im going for a quick weekend in Amsterdam , I got a friend I can stay with in Utrech so we will be in Amsterdam from early

Now I am gonna do the cliche and smoke weed and take shrooms ( shrooms are legal right )  but other then that I really wanted to check out museums and art galleries and stuff

what ells should we do in amsterdam besides walk around alot and check bridges rivers and architechure ?
rijks museum has some world famous art, there's a big mini on the square in front called museumplein, but dont know if youre gonna skate.
Shrooms are illigal now, and wouldnt recommend doing them if its your first time in amsterdam, had some friends from other counties most of them ended up having a bad trip.

Just have a few smokes and beers and shred the indoor park or streets.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:27 AM »
In Utrecht, make sure to go to Cafe Belgie. Really hearty food and a great selection of beers. I definitely prefer Utrecht over Amsterdam too, but that's probably because I was in Utrecht for so much longer. If you go to Amsterdam with a local, I'm sure there's great stuff there. Den Haag has the M.C. Escher museum which is awesome.

Dutch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 01:27:42 AM »
In Utrecht, make sure to go to Cafe Belgie. Really hearty food and a great selection of beers. I definitely prefer Utrecht over Amsterdam too, but that's probably because I was in Utrecht for so much longer. If you go to Amsterdam with a local, I'm sure there's great stuff there. Den Haag has the M.C. Escher museum which is awesome.
my town :) some great spots here to!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:25:39 AM »

Dude Im gonna be in Amsterdam this weekend. I PMd you.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:29:29 AM »
if youre bringing your board you must skate this, just ask for "marnix straat"

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:04 AM »
The first time I went to Amsterdam I walked right by that place and I was amazed. I could not find it again. Bummer.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »
The first time I went to Amsterdam I walked right by that place and I was amazed. I could not find it again. Bummer.

if you get on one of those bike taxi things and ask for markix straat they take you right too it (for future referance)

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 01:47:07 PM »
Thanks for the help guys , had a amazing time there , was drunk basicly from 10am to sleep time for 2,5 days , Did not eat any shrooms but did some other fun stuff .

Amsterdam has amazing architechure , museums , sights and its basicly great for party . Ppl are super friendly and the girls are fucking hot . found some nice cafes and bars , and it was just amazing weekend .

Thanks pals and thanks amsterdam !

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:05:36 AM »
BRINGING THIS BABY BACK TO THE TOP!

going in May- is the big indoor park closed?

if so are there any cool/unique plaza parks in the area? i know there is a few bowls but thats not really my thang.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ratherwatch

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:30 AM »

if so are there any cool/unique plaza parks in the area? i know there is a few bowls but thats not really my thang.
Unfortunately yes it is. A lot of the better spots are suburban where its a different city. There is a central skate shop called Ben-G's, Benny that runs it is 100%, he will be your best bet.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 10:15:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Unfortunately yes it is. A lot of the better spots are suburban where its a different city. There is a central skate shop called Ben-G's, Benny that runs it is 100%, he will be your best bet.

thanks for the update man

does this skatepark have a name?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Skate+Park/@52.3706348,4.8447758,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47c5e26b6aba1ee5:0x1021ef337193db69

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 08:43:24 AM »
bringing back to top again- i am for the next week in Amsterdam.
Need a spot i can skate relaxed in the early evening - skatepark, bowl, plaza with
same bank or ledge stuff.
i will appreciate your suggestion!

033sb

• Rep: 13
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »
Need a spot i can skate relaxed in the early evening - skatepark, bowl, plaza with

there is a Bring Your Own Beer Session every Wednesday at Olympiaplein. good flatground, a shitty skatepark and a few cool obstacles. really good vibe and most of the time they have a video screen when it gets dark. you should go there

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there is a Bring Your Own Beer Session every Wednesday at Olympiaplein. good flatground, a shitty skatepark and a few cool obstacles. really good vibe and most of the time they have a video screen when it gets dark. you should go there

Thank you!

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 08:29:36 AM »
There is a central skate shop called Ben-G's, Benny that runs it is 100%, he will be your best bet.

can confirm benny keeps it 100--  really cool fucking shop. absolutely recommend.

its also near this awesome escape room (if you are into that kind of thing) called sherlocked which is really fucking cool and i am in love with the chick who works there.