Author Topic: Vans Customer Service UK  (Read 982 times)

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 40
Vans Customer Service UK
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »
Bought a pair of halfcabs in America a while back and wore them casually for a couple of weeks until the suede split just above where the upper meets the sole. Obviously some sort of manufacturing error but I can't seem to get hold of anyone in the UK to get a replacement. I have tried hitting up Vans Europe on twitter and emailing the American customer service but with no luck. Anyone got a number or an idea of who to speak to?

noileum

• Rep: 29
Re: Vans Customer Service UK
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
have you tried getting in touch with nic powley (vans uk tm)?

(https://www.facebook.com/nic.powley)

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »
Bought a pair of halfcabs in America a while back and wore them casually for a couple of weeks until the suede split just above where the upper meets the sole. Obviously some sort of manufacturing error but I can't seem to get hold of anyone in the UK to get a replacement. I have tried hitting up Vans Europe on twitter and emailing the American customer service but with no luck. Anyone got a number or an idea of who to speak to?

have you ever thought about contacting the people you bought them from?  no shoe company deals with the consumer directly when i comes to defects.  i bought some dunks that fell apart and tried to contact nike and they told me i had to go through the people i bought them from.  i doubt contacting the tm is gonna do anything, but i guess it couldnt hurt to try.
Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »
have you tried getting in touch with nic powley (vans uk tm)?

(https://www.facebook.com/nic.powley)

Many thanks, good idea.

Expand Quote
[close]

have you ever thought about contacting the people you bought them from?  no shoe company deals with the consumer directly when i comes to defects.  i bought some dunks that fell apart and tried to contact nike and they told me i had to go through the people i bought them from.  i doubt contacting the tm is gonna do anything, but i guess it couldnt hurt to try.

Yeah, it is a bit of a tricky situation, I know Vans are probably going to tell me to just go to the retailer but as I bought them in America and am in the UK it is a bit tricky. I'd have to pay for shipping to the states and there is no guarantee of a new pair, the shop would probably be bummed to send a new pair to the UK and try to avoid it. Pretty crazy as they fell to bits after wearing them to go to the pub or shops, not even skating. I guess I just dropped too many lifestyle hammers ;)